Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Madrid Transfer from T4 to T4S with liquids/duty free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2018, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life

I am flying from LGW to MAD T4 transferring to T4S and Iberia Long-haul. Can I buy duty-free liquids at LGW and take them onto the long-haul flight out of T4S?
Old Jan 27, 2018, 10:42 am

Yes. You do not even have to go through security at MAD.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yllanes
Yes. You do not even have to go through security at MAD.
That's interesting as last time I transferred from T4 to T4S I had both a passport and hand baggage check (which is why I have asked)
Old Jan 27, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by JSM8
That's interesting as last time I transferred from T4 to T4S I had both a passport and hand baggage check (which is why I have asked)
That sounds like a T4S to T4 change which would involve security.

You will have the option to disembark from the rear and take a bus to T4S from the LGW gate where you will be deposited into the departures area directly or if you feel like walking a bit between flights you can go through two separate passport controls, but no security and walk the terminal to the train back to T4S.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
That sounds like a T4S to T4 change which would involve security.

You will have the option to disembark from the rear and take a bus to T4S from the LGW gate where you will be deposited into the departures area directly or if you feel like walking a bit between flights you can go through two separate passport controls, but no security and walk the terminal to the train back to T4S.
Are you suggesting there is a bus that takes you from Airside T4 to Airside T4S? I have done this at Chicago and it avoids all the security and passport controls. That would be great if there is something like that at MAD
Old Jan 27, 2018, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by JSM8
Are you suggesting there is a bus that takes you from Airside T4 to Airside T4S? I have done this at Chicago and it avoids all the security and passport controls. That would be great if there is something like that at MAD
Yes.

All (except the IB and BA rotations to LHR that use big birds) flights from UK and Ireland arrive to the H gates in T4, which is the special non-Schengen area for that flights. Then the crew will direct you to the bus or someone will be waiting outside to take the transit passengers and you will be dumped into the departures area of the T4S. So no security, no passport control.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Many thanks for clarifying!
Old Jan 28, 2018, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Yes, you disembark from the main door as usual, and half way up the jetbridge there will be someone from Iberia saying "trnsito" and guide you down steps to a bus. This takes you straight to T4S departures.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.