Wiki Posts
Search

New campaign for Combinar y Vencerás

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IB+, BAEC
New campaign for Combinar y Vencerás

Just got an email. Apparently the campaign is from 12 June through 21 August.

I don't know if the companies are targeted but it seems very easy to get to 5 for the 2500 avios bonus for anyone that lives in Spain.

For IberiaPluStore, you can just order food from JustEat via the portal for a day you are feeling lazy.

http://www.combinayvenceras.com/
Old Jun 20, 2017, 9:06 am

The website and the T&Cs don't match:

- There are 11 partners listed on the website and 12 on T&Cs. The missing partner is hotel reservations through iberia site (powered by booking.com).

- It isn't clear what is the bonus for using 8 partners (5.000 avios I'd say)

For people outside Spain wanting to use IberiaPlusStore, there are some easy partners which don't require purchasing physical goods, such as Babbel or Wuaki.

And yes, is quite easy to get 5 and shouldn't be so difficult to get 8.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

If you read the terms, 8 is clearly 5000.

My question about the hotels booking is if it has to be a stay during that time or just booked.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Thanks LupineChemist!

I did not receive any mail, is it targeted?

If not, I made a purchase in the Ib+Store on the 18th/June, would it count?

Thanks,
Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Do you get the mails in English? Often the Spanish version comes first.

I don't believe it's targeted but can't say definitively and yes, it would count.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:34 pm

I won't say it's targeted, as it is advertised at iberia's website. http://www.iberia.com/es/iberiaplus/search-partner/ (at the 2nd tile of the banner)

Regarding the dates, each partner works in a different way:
- Ib+store: Avios are posted about a month and a half after the purchase, the date shown is the date of the purchase
- Repsol: Avios are posted at the end of each month, 1-2 months after the purchase. The date shown is the date when the points are posted.
- Cepsa: Avios are posted a couple if days after the purchase
- Avis: Avios are posted a couple of days after using the rental car (even being a prepaid rate)

Hope, this helps. I don't know how the rest of the partners are posted.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by netxu
I won't say it's targeted, as it is advertised at iberia's website. http://www.iberia.com/es/iberiaplus/search-partner/ (at the 2nd tile of the banner)

Regarding the dates, each partner works in a different way:
- Ib+store: Avios are posted about a month and a half after the purchase, the date shown is the date of the purchase
- Repsol: Avios are posted at the end of each month, 1-2 months after the purchase. The date shown is the date when the points are posted.
- Cepsa: Avios are posted a couple if days after the purchase
- Avis: Avios are posted a couple of days after using the rental car (even being a prepaid rate)

Hope, this helps. I don't know how the rest of the partners are posted.
For me,

Avis - posted within a week of closing the rental agreement
Plus store (buying through them) - still waiting after 2 weeks
Plus store (the Avios purchased) - still waiting after 2 weeks
Repsol - still waiting after a month
Cepsa - still waiting after a month
Cinesa - still waiting after a month
Cabify - still waiting after a month
Iberia hotels - still waiting after a month
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:46 am

Thx!

Some updates on my side:
- Plus store: Purchase made 15th of June, status - approved, points about to post
- Cepsa: Points should post right after the purchase (I have no movements at the moment, I'll check the dates on my boyfriend's account). BUT, be careful, I think that avios are only awarded when purchasing fuel (not when buying goods at the petrol station)
- Iberia hotels - still waiting. Booked 7 weeks ago. I will stay there (and pay) this weekend.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by netxu
Thx!

Some updates on my side:
- Plus store: Purchase made 15th of June, status - approved, points about to post
- Cepsa: Points should post right after the purchase (I have no movements at the moment, I'll check the dates on my boyfriend's account). BUT, be careful, I think that avios are only awarded when purchasing fuel (not when buying goods at the petrol station)
- Iberia hotels - still waiting. Booked 7 weeks ago. I will stay there (and pay) this weekend.
I found Cepsa very erratic. The 1st time I used, that in theory was coming with a 100 avios bonus, never posted.
The 2nd time posted in a few days.
Now I have used twice Mrs m4l IB+ card, and after 3/4 weeks nothing has been credited.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
IIRC Repsol does a monthly batch. I received my Cinesa points already and I just went to the cinema on Saturday.

Oddly enough I'm still waiting for my IB+ store points to post from a mid-June Groupon, although with an email confirmation I should be fine.

When you limit the partners so strictly, it takes much of the fun out of the promo...
Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:30 am

Programs: Melia Planium, IB+, BAEC
I am a bit puzzled why many comments mention Iberia Hotels. I don't seem to find it in the list of participating partners. Or do you mean Paradores or booking hotel via IberiaPlus Store?
UPD: sorry, just read the first comment properly re extra partner hidden in T&C.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:12 am
Original Poster

I filled up with Cepsa a few weeks ago and just filled up again today and while it still hasn't posted, it appears that it still has accumulated points on my receipt. I really hope this credits before the end of the month.

Also went to Las Rozas Village las weekend and that has yet to credit.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:59 am

I also went to Cepsa and Repsol yesterday. Let's see when the avios will post.
Also I was surprised that Groupon got 2,000 avios packs available again! So I bought one via IberiaPluStore.
Also last night I spoke to Paradore about their One night gift card, which gives 400 avios. They sent me a form to fill out, but there is no mentioning of IberiaPlus. I will call them again to clarify.
Coming up this weekend: dinner via ElTenedor, movie a Cinesa and a shopping trip to La Roca Village.
By the way, if you are member of MeliaRewards, you can get a VIP card with 10% off at La Roca. Other cards (like Amex Premium, Mastercard World Elite, etc) even give a free entrance to La Roca VIP Lounge. Check Travel benefits section on their website and see what applies to you. Oh and also they give 15% off tickets on Shopping express bus to La Roca and back. Same applies to other locations!
https://www.larocavillage.com/es/tu-...avel-benefits/
Old Aug 11, 2017, 8:35 am

OK, another small update from me I hope that I managed to crack the mystery of earning avios with Paradores, when purchasing their gift cards. Last year, during similar promotion, Paradores staff was clueless about Avios earning option when buying gift cards. This year they seem to know what I am talking about, but the process is still not easy:
1. You need to call (902 515 580) or email ([email protected]) special departments which deals with gift cards, and express an interest in buying one. One of the staff members will write down your email and soon you will get a special order form.
2. You need to fill out this form, indicating the type of card you want and providing your payment details, along with ID details, billing address and name and mailing address of the card receiver. Then you need to email this form back to [email protected]
3. Your order will be processed, money will be taken from your account and the card will be posted to you.

What about avios, you might ask. Well, guess what, there is no field for avios in the form. So what I did is put a note in 'Observaciones' field with my IB+ numbers. I am still waiting for their confirmation. But at least they know what I am talking about
Please share your experience if you ever managed to get Parador gift card and avios for this purchase.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 10:32 am

Two months after 2 purchases through IB+ store and the Avios have not yet been credited. Those show as "approved" since a few weeks ago but do not appear in the the IB+ account. Even this gets slower in August

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.