baggage question

Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

baggage question

i have two tickets where the first deliver me to madrid and the second i take a flight from madrid to yyc, as shown below:

ticket 1, day 1 (monday) LHR-MAD with iberia
ticket 2, day 2 (tuesday) MAD-LHR-YYC with british air

one ticket is with iberia, the other with ba.

the flights are about 24 hours apart and i plan to spend the day in madrid. i have searched about the bag drop in madrid and apparently you can drop bags off 24 hours in advance (although post is dated 2015).

so my two questions:
1) can i have my luggage checked through to yyc if tickets separate
2) if 1 is not possible, how early can i check bags in now? 24 hours?

thanks for your help. i am ba gold if this helps.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
1) Not a chance - first of all, the your bag can't leave LHR only to return to LHR. Second issue, BA do not through-check on separate tickets anymore in any circumstance (unless they are both on the same PNR).

2) I have heard this too for IB, but never tried it. Not sure if you are on a BA or IB operated MAD-LHR flight, but this could affect it too.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:33 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
I wouldn't trust checking in a bag that early. Just pay for the left luggage office. Much less likely to be lost or have anyone rummaging through the bag.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.