Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Problems with Iberia seeing American space

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2017, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Free agent

Mods, please combine this with another thread if it doesn't warrant its own thread but I just had a LENGTHY battle with Iberia to book a flight that showed on both American and British.

I called seven times and finally got an agent that could see the space. I had two agents even refer to the proper class saying "There is no availability in T inventory" Expert Flyer showed T space in addition to BA and AA.

Additionally, they tried to charge me about twice the amount of taxes and fees that the Iberia site was quoting. I told him what the taxes on the site showed and within a minute he recalculated and gave me the proper amount.

Overall I got lucky with that final agent, he was really on the ball and understand what was going on.

Moral of the story, keep calling.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
As long as people know that AA and other Oneworld rewards are completely non-refundable with IB+, then by all means HUACA as much as you like.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
well it looks like the IT guys at Iberia Plus are doing some progress: itīs possible to book now domestic AA flights (only return, as usual with partners and non-refundable).

dummy booking:
BOS-LAG-BOS for 11.000 Avios + 19.02€ Azul fare, fare indicates luggage in hold, but extremely unlikely to be true.

exactly same flights via BAEC
BOS-LGA-BOS for 15.000 Avios + 9GBP, but not including luggage in hold.

Last edited by tobsw; Feb 18, 2017 at 11:35 am
Old Feb 18, 2017, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Irrespective of what the IB website says at the time of booking, you are quite unlikely to actually get the free checked bag allowance.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by craigthemif
As long as people know that AA and other Oneworld rewards are completely non-refundable with IB+, then by all means HUACA as much as you like.
Yeah, this was one that I was fairly sure of only a few days out. As mentioned above it saved me 4k per ticket vs. BA as well. Switched to my AA number so status should work for the baggage.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
Just had similar trying to book MEL-KUL-AMM-TLV, space shows up with BA and AA, but IB at first refused to consider the routing as one ticket, claiming the system only let them route via London AND Madrid into TLV (!), and then when I asked about doing it as separate legs, claimed there was no availability.

Now I have tried 3 different agents, the last one found availability KUL-AMM-TLV but wanted somewhere over 100,000 Avios (his English was so bad I couldn't be sure of the exact amount) when the redemption table for RJ says 23,000.

HUACA?

Last edited by frb98mf; Feb 23, 2017 at 10:32 am
Old Feb 23, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Remember that IbPlus allows only Return itineraries when spending Avios on airlines that are not Iberia Group, Vueling, BA and airberlin. Thatīs probably why the agent told you that the system does only let them route via London/Madrid.

Also, you can search Royal Jordanian availability on the Iberia site.

In this case you might be better off redeeming Avios on BAEC that should allow also one way redemptions.

Originally Posted by frb98mf
Just had similar trying to book MEL-KUL-AMM-TLV, space shows up with BA and AA, but IB at first refused to consider the routing as one ticket, claiming the system only let them route via London AND Madrid into TLV (!), and then when I asked about doing it as separate legs, claimed there was no availability.

Now I have tried 3 different agents, the last one found availability KUL-AMM-TLV but wanted somewhere over 100,000 Avios (his English was so bad I couldn't be sure of the exact amount) when the redemption table for RJ says 23,000.

HUACA?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Note that if you book this on one ticket via BAEC the oneworld multi-partner chart will apply, as you will be mixing MH and RJ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.