Wiki Posts
Search

Broken IFE Compensation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2016, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
Broken IFE Compensation

I flew paid J on JFK-MAD on an old 342 this week. The IFE was broken, and the purser said we would get an e-mail from Iberia offering compensation. I haven't gotten any emails yet. Does anyone know how long I should wait? Does anyone know what the compensation might be?
Old Aug 3, 2016, 10:09 am

Programs: Avianca LifeMiles. Hilton (G), Meliá (G), Radisson (G). National Car (EE), Hertz (PC), Avis (PC)
After reading MaineFlyer16's case, this question comes to my mind: what's the procedure when I encounter something that isn't working and affects my experience (broken IFE, seat doesn't recline, etc), either in IB or any other airline? Can flight attendants provide a report as evidence of my situation?
Old Aug 7, 2016, 5:54 am

Programs: tk gold, lh ftl, ab gold
Flying MAD-MEX on a revenue J ticket, there was a severe malfunction of air conditioning in the cabin. An extremely strong flow of cold air from gaps in the ceiling. Impossible to sleep at all, and ultimately i arrived to my destination totally sick.
Sent 2 complaints, and received just a "sorry". No compensation offered.
Is there any way to escalate? I wouldn't really bother because of some minor defect (like IFE malfunctioning that i had on the flight back), but that's something very serious and dangerous for health. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
Just a follow up....I wrote to IB on Facebook and finally (took several weeks) got 30,000 avios as compensation from their customer relations team.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
30K is a great deal for not having any IFE for a 7-hour overnight flight. Lucky you! I wish that would happen to me on every overnight flight where I'm probably sleeping or can entertain myself with whatever's downloaded to my tablet.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by MaineFlyer16
Just a follow up....I wrote to IB on Facebook and finally (took several weeks) got 30,000 avios as compensation from their customer relations team.
Congrats that is a pretty decent amount for that issue ^
Old Sep 1, 2016, 5:26 am

Programs: IB plus Platinum, JK Gold, BAEC Silver, LH Senator, PC Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by MaineFlyer16
I flew paid J on JFK-MAD on an old 342 this week. The IFE was broken, and the purser said we would get an e-mail from Iberia offering compensation. I haven't gotten any emails yet. Does anyone know how long I should wait? Does anyone know what the compensation might be?
Hello,

1st of all, ALWAYS notify malfunction to Iberia "service cabin director", she/he will "log" the issue on flight report.
2nd Log a claim under Iberia website.
3rd They use to refuse claims always in 1st instance.
4th Claim again agains original invoice invoqueing that service cabin director log the issue.
5th Use to receive "AVIOS" as compensation, Iberia has "compensation tables" based on cabin & FF status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.