Wiki Posts
Search

Inconsistent Business Award Availability

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2015, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Inconsistent Business Award Availability

Has anyone else experienced issues with Iberia transatlantic business class award availability showing up inconsistently? I want to travel JFK-MAD-VIE using Avios and on Iberia.com, I only see it in economy. Same for JFK-MAD. But if I search other destinations (i.e., JFK-MAD-EDI, JFK-MAD-PRG, etc.), the transatlantic leg is available in business. I've called Iberia and they don't see JFK-MAD J available nor can I find it on ba.com or aa.com. Any ideas? Is it best to book JFK-MAD-EDI and then pay 25 Euros to change the destination? Thanks!
Old Apr 6, 2015, 8:08 pm

Programs: A3 *G; AA EXP
I was just about to post the same thing...I was able to book a ORD-MAD-GVA flight on Iberia.com which didn't show up on AA.com or BA.com, now I am running into the problem that I have no more Avios for the return flight which also only seems available on Iberia.com but plenty of AAdvantage miles which I cannot use
Old May 15, 2015, 7:26 pm

Programs: whatever gets me where i want
I can confirm the same issue. Looking for business class flights on the direct, single JFK-MAD segment is showing only "economy" available and not even blue class. However, when booking connecting with JFK-MAD-??? coming up as available in all classes (for a November booking)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.