Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus free travel insurance and concierge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2015, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

On the page for the Classic card (lowest tier) I find this:
Free travel insurance abroad as a guarantee of quality assistance during your stay and the most extensive coverage every time you fly with Iberia or another Group company.

Check the features of this service at your Europ Assistance Espaņa Centre,
(+34) 91 514 99 30

Travel assistance services

Your Iberia Plus card covers the following expenses: medical bills in case of accident; emergency dentist bills; extended hotel stay in case of accident; the costs of a flying out a family member and their stay; return flight due to death of a family member; transmission of urgent messages; baggage search and localisation; dispatch of personal objects (not replacement); advance cash in case of emergency; advance bail; civil liability insurance; lost connecting flight.

Information and help service

Very useful information for Spain and abroad on your business or leisure trip in relation to: health, leisure, sports, travel and tourism. Also, possibility of booking hotels, restaurants and transport and using the flower, taxi, fax and telegram dispatch service.
http://www.iberia.com/es/iberiaplus/classic/

Can anyone give more details about this?
Old Feb 10, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: All Expired... :-(
I thought it used to be a benefit only for Silver and above (although I could be mistaken, I never really checked the benefits for classic).

Travel insurance seems to be very expensive in Spain (especially when compared to e.g. the UK), so this could be a very good benefit. Having said that, I'm not sure how happy I would be relying on a free policy...
Old Feb 10, 2015, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Cerebrito
Having said that, I'm not sure how happy I would be relying on a free policy...

Bingo ! I would not rely on it. Actually travel insurance is not too bad. I had to buy a policy for a Spanish resident for two weeks in Europe and it was EUR28.60
Approx GBP21.00 that was with Iberia insurance online provided by Allianz Global Assist so was pretty decent cover. I read the policy A-Z just to make sure. The only clause I saw that one should be aware of is that if you don't buy the policy the same day as the flight you are not covered for the flight but are for everything else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.