Wiki Posts
Search

Check-in time at MAD going to MEX?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2015, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: KL Platinum
Check-in time at MAD going to MEX?

I'm flying from MAD to MEX and I will need to check in bags.

Information about the check-in time limit on http://www.iberia.com/gb/time-limit/ is confusing: the general rule for MEX would be 60 min, but a note on the page says "Mexico City: For these destinations we recommend you present 3 hours before". Later on the same page that "recommendation" seems mandatory: "For security reasons, passengers are asked to present for check-in 3 hours before their flight is scheduled to depart for Lima, Guayaquil, Bogota or Mexico City."

Does anybody have recent experience? I'm flying in business class, would 2 hours be sufficient or do I really have to be there 3 hours before?

Thanks!
Old Jan 19, 2015, 5:37 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Stoontje
I'm flying from MAD to MEX and I will need to check in bags.

Information about the check-in time limit on http://www.iberia.com/gb/time-limit/ is confusing: the general rule for MEX would be 60 min, but a note on the page says "Mexico City: For these destinations we recommend you present 3 hours before". Later on the same page that "recommendation" seems mandatory: "For security reasons, passengers are asked to present for check-in 3 hours before their flight is scheduled to depart for Lima, Guayaquil, Bogota or Mexico City."

Does anybody have recent experience? I'm flying in business class, would 2 hours be sufficient or do I really have to be there 3 hours before?

Thanks!
Hi,

Flying in business 2 hours should be more than enough.

Have a nice flight!
Old Jan 19, 2015, 5:51 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by more4less
Flying in business 2 hours should be more than enough.
Yes, it should. Be sure to find the Business Class check in counters at T4 -- usually virtually empty of flyers.

BUT.. if you are over the luggage number or weight limit (unlikely as you are in Biz) then all bets are off. You must go to the overweight / excess baggage counter (often crowded and moves slowly), pay the required fees, then go back to the check in counter and again stand in any line there may be.

If you are traveling with a reasonable amount of luggage you should be fine.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Totally agree, just go to the empty Business Class check in desks at T4....very rarely any waiting time, but dont expect a smile or a chit chat...they all seem somewhat bored......
Old Jan 23, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
[QUOTE=nivsy;24193560but dont expect a smile or a chit chat...they all seem somewhat bored......[/QUOTE]

Oh they're not bored!! They have lots of gossip, rumours, chit chat and complaints about Willie Walsh to share with their co-workers (who also have very little to do...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.