Wiki Posts
Search

Is Iberia coming back to AMS?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2014, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Is Iberia coming back to AMS?

I was searching flights from MAD-AMS, and came across a direct IB flight, ofcourse which is unbookable.

Both expedia.com and travelocity.com show the flights, but once i go to booking screen - it do not go ahead.

Do any of the experts know if IB is really coming back to AMS, or is this a mistake.

http://www.travelocity.com/Flights-S...ce&mode=search
Old Feb 26, 2014, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I think this is just a mistake - and another example of why using US-based websites for European travel may not always be the best choice.

If you check Expedia's Spanish website, for instance, or Travelocity's UK website, you will NOT be offered these non-existent flights.

The only direct non-stop flights offered between MAD and AMS are operated by UX and KL.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 2:54 am
Original Poster

its a pity there is no OW connection between MAD and AMS. Would have been nice to burn my avios on the route.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 8:13 am

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR
sleeplessinNL,

There are a lot of rumours.
Personally I think after the agreement with the pilots/SEPLA, there are some possiblities for Iberia/Iberia Express to come back to Amsterdam.
But we will have to wait.

Originally Posted by sleeplessinNL
its a pity there is no OW connection between MAD and AMS. Would have been nice to burn my avios on the route.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by sleeplessinNL
I agree: I would definitely make use of it. But Iberia has been going through a period of shrinkage, hasn't it? In terms of route network, anyway.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Concerto
I agree: I would definitely make use of it. But Iberia has been going through a period of shrinkage, hasn't it? In terms of route network, anyway.
Not really, I see them expanding with their IB express product. I wouldnt even mind having IB express. Some alternative to ST stronghold
Old Feb 28, 2014, 12:42 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by Concerto
Yeah. Route reduction and transfer to IB express. But that said, a lot of it was in response to the Spanish economy which, while still anemic, is now no longer in freefall and it's actually starting to feel like things might get moving again soon. (at least on the corporate side of things)
Old Feb 28, 2014, 11:15 am

They've re-launched ARN-MAD beginning in March?
so why not AMS-MAD
Old Mar 4, 2014, 11:00 am

Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Hi all,

I took yesterday one MAD-LHR-AMS, this is a mess but the only way to do it nowadays.
I will be coming more often to AMS but I currently use KLM & Air Europa except yesterday.
Time wise is OK, mostly ontime but service I prefer IB rather than AirEuropa.

Lets see but as read with this SEPLA agreement and good IAG results, probably they will start expanding.

Cheers.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Circusplaza
Hi all,

I took yesterday one MAD-LHR-AMS, this is a mess but the only way to do it nowadays.
I will be coming more often to AMS but I currently use KLM & Air Europa except yesterday.
Time wise is OK, mostly ontime but service I prefer IB rather than AirEuropa.

Lets see but as read with this SEPLA agreement and good IAG results, probably they will start expanding.

Cheers.
I honestly think Easyjet is one of the better options for this route.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
I honestly think Easyjet is one of the better options for this route.
Easyjet does not operate a MAD-AMS service.

As the OP stated, the only airlines currently flying between Madrid and Amsterdam are KLM and Air Europa.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Easyjet does not operate a MAD-AMS service.

As the OP stated, the only airlines currently flying between Madrid and Amsterdam are KLM and Air Europa.
Indeed.

I flew in Easyjet one time when I was student in college, but now there is no room for lowcost carriers in my mind.
(unless no other option exists)
Old Mar 7, 2014, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Easyjet is no different to Air Europa in this regard - both operate a buy-on-board scheme.

KLM may still give you a "snack" on board for free, but if you're hungry, you'd actually prefer Easyjet or Air Europa's buy-on-board offerings. And KLM no longer give you any luggage allowance for free (unless you are a member of their FFP, or enrol in it - though this "loophole" is rumoured to be closed off soon) so Easyjet are not really that much different from most European legacy carriers these days...
Old Mar 7, 2014, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by Circusplaza
Indeed.

I flew in Easyjet one time when I was student in college, but now there is no room for lowcost carriers in my mind.
(unless no other option exists)
Ahh, last time I flew they were indeed on the route. As far as Low Cost is concerned, I have never found EasyJet to be any worse than any number of full service European airlines and have generally had quite good service and a decently comfortable seat. I don't understand the stigma against them. If it's about buying on board, well...this is the IB forum. I'm used to it.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Ahh, last time I flew they were indeed on the route. As far as Low Cost is concerned, I have never found EasyJet to be any worse than any number of full service European airlines and have generally had quite good service and a decently comfortable seat. I don't understand the stigma against them. If it's about buying on board, well...this is the IB forum. I'm used to it.
I agree if there is no problems on the flight, otherwise you are ....ed up.
In case baggage problems, delays, cancellations,...
And of course earning miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.