Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Rewards for Iberia Plus

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2013, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH-D / IHG-Sp / Marriott-P / LH-SEN / BA-S
IHG Rewards for Iberia Plus

I don't know if someone has started the topic but it's very weird that I didn't find anything about earning miles on IHG Hotels.

I stayed in HI Dubai about a month ago and only get 2 Avios per USD spent. Is it the new earning rate? This is a huge devaluation...

Previously the earning rate was 1800 Avios for IC, 1500 for CP, 1000 for HI, and 600 for HI-EX (http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...-rewards/miles) -> it's still not updated yet until now.

But it's different here: http://www.iberia.com/web/webPartner...&idPartner=719

So does anybody know about the issue? Next month I'm going to Rome and I'm still undecided to stay in CP St. Peter's or Best Western Tor Vergata. CP is about 20 Euros more / night, but without the 1500 Avios (I also have M&M for which BW can reward 500 miles) it seems not to be a great deal.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Yes, IHG have trashed the earning rate for IB+. It happened sometime around the beginning of September with no warning or notice.

I received email confirmation from IHG Rewards Club that they basically don't give a f*** about people who booked expecting 1500 Avios and actually getting 100-200... (they promised to get back to me about the change in earning rate with no notice and of course didn't...)

Whether you choose to stay at a CP in Rome or not depends on your Big Win needs, how many bonus codes you can find, etc. but definitely not on the Avios you might earn. (if none of that makes sense you can check out the IHG Rewards Club section of my blog (or that of many other bloggers) for more info...)
Old Nov 1, 2013, 9:32 am

Programs: IB+ PriorityClub AMEX-MR
Yep, looks as though you are right, the Iberia website now shows the following earning structure:

INTERCONTINENTAL (USA, CANADA, MEXICO, CARIBBEAN Y LATIN AMERICA): $1USD = 2 Avios
INTERCONTINENTAL (REST OF THE WORLD): 500 Avios per stay
CROWNE PLAZA: $1USD = 2 Avios
HOTEL INDIGO: $1USD = 2 Avios
HOLIDAY INN: $1USD = 1 Avios
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS: $1USD = 1 Avios
STAYBRIDGE SUITES: $1USD = 1 Avios
CANDLEWOOD SUITES: $1USD = 1 Avios

Pretty big devaluation, all in all.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Email from IHG... useless... "We value your patronage"... except you don't...

Greetings from IHG Rewards Club!

We would like to inform you that per our contact, British Airways (BAA)/ Iberia Airlines has recently changed its earning structure effective September 1, 2013. Qualifying stays completed and adjustments made after the said date will receive BAA miles/ Iberia Plus miles applying the new earning structure. Please refer to below earning structure:

New Earning Structure:
Earnings at InterContinental - Within the Americas: 2 per $1(USD) Outside the Americas: 500 per stay
Earnings at Extended Stay (StayBridge Suites and Candlewood Suites) - 1 per $1(USD)
Earnings at all Other Brands - Crowne Plaza & Hotel Indigo: 2 per $1(USD) Holiday Inn & Holiday Inn Express: 1 per $1(USD)

We hope this clarifies your inquiry.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us as we value your patronage. Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact the IHG Rewards Club Service Center again.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 6:32 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Avios for joining IHG Rewards Club

About 2 1/2 weeks ago, IHG announced a promotion to award 500 free Avios to Iberia Plus members who join the IHG Rewards Club. The terms of the offer stated that the points would be credited

> ... in any event before 15th February 2018”

However, Raffles speculated that

> ... there is a good chance they arrive quickly.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone got those points yet? Mrs999 and I joined straightaway on 8 October and we haven't.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: IHG Gold, HH Gold
This offer should be valid for sign ups until December 31, 2017, but I can't access this offer on IHG’s website.

Does anyone know the current status of that offer?
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by henry999
About 2 1/2 weeks ago, IHG announced a promotion to award 500 free Avios to Iberia Plus members who join the IHG Rewards Club. The terms of the offer stated that the points would be credited

> ... in any event before 15th February 2018”

However, Raffles speculated that

> ... there is a good chance they arrive quickly.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone got those points yet? Mrs999 and I joined straightaway on 8 October and we haven't.
The IHG website shows the 500 miles on my statement as being awarded on 20th November, but no sign of them as of yet on the Iberia Plus account.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by headingwest
The IHG website shows the 500 miles on my statement as being awarded on 20th November, but no sign of them as of yet on the Iberia Plus account.
same here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.