Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Sao Paulo-Madrid, is the afternoon or evening departure best (business plus)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2013, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

Title says it all really - I'm trying to decide whether to take the late afternoon or the night flight to Madrid from Sao Paulo in November. I think the afternoon is likely to be an A340-600 and the night is an A340-200 (at least that seems to be what is used at the moment).

I've been on a late night departure from Madrid to Montevideo on the A340-200 in Biz Plus before, and wasn't hugely impressed (seemed like reduced service, which makes sense on a late night departure, but I didn't find the seat that comfortable either so didn't really sleep).

Has anyone been on both of these before? and is it worth trying the afternoon flight instead this time - even though arrival in Madrid will be middle of the night body clock time and about 7am local time, which makes checking in to a hotel etc more difficult/expensive

Many thanks for any advice/opinions!
Old Sep 14, 2013, 11:16 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hi,

I have been in either but from Mex. I always prefer the night flight because it is much easier for my body clock to go to sleep.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Hi More4Less,

Thanks for that - It's turned out that I think I'm going to have enough Avios to try out BA F for the time! (No CW available).
Old Sep 21, 2013, 1:44 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by dennycrane1
It's turned out that I think I'm going to have enough Avios to try out BA F for the time! (No CW available).
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.