Wiki Posts
Search

Diabo 400 - Iberia 0

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2013, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KLM FB, BA EC, Miles&Mafia, Delta SM, Mile High Club
Diabo 400 - Iberia 0

Each and every flight I've ever flown with Iberia arrived late. I've never ever been on an Iberia flight that arrived on time.

AMS-MAD-LIS of last year (before Iberia pulled out of NL) was the worst.

First flight left AMS so late that the connecting flight in MAD was already gone when I got there. It was so late in the evening that Barajas was just about deserted, without a single Iberia rep in the departure halls behind security.

When I finally found an open Iberia desk on the other side of security, they rebooked me for the next available flight, which didn't take off until mañana. A night in Madrid may sound like fun, but not if Iberia holes you up in a hotel in the middle of nowhere and you're booked for an early morning flight.

Of course I asked for my €400 compensation per EC261/2004.

- Iberia: "The delay was due to extraordinary circumstances beyond our control. Therefore no compensation is due."
- Diabo: "What extraordinary circumstances?"
- Iberia: "Extraordinary circumstance: late arrival of inbound flight. No compensation is due"

Late arrival of an Iberia flight is an extraordinary circumstance? Yeah right.

And then Iberia refused to answer my emails and letters, and they hung up the phone when I called them. So I made the regulatory authorities deal with them.

(fast-forward to 9 months later, 'cos the authorities are as slow as Iberia)

- Reg auth: "There were no extraordinary circumstances beyond Iberia's control for that flight, so by refusing to pay compensation Iberia violated the law."
- Iberia: (silence)
- Diabo: "The regs say you have to pay.
- Diabo: "Iberia, if you don't pay I'll see you in court."
- Diabo: "Iberia, here's a copy of the claim I'll file with the courts if you don't pay me within two weeks. For your convenience I've listed some similar court rulings against Iberia."

And then, f-i-n-a-l-l-y, Iberia paid me what they had to pay me a year ago.

EC261/2004 was made with companies like Iberia in mind. So if they try to wipe their behinds with that law, don't let 'em get away with it. Report them, drag 'em to court, fight for your rights. It works.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 10:35 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Diabo
Each and every flight I've ever flown with Iberia arrived late. I've never ever been on an Iberia flight that arrived on time.

AMS-MAD-LIS of last year (before Iberia pulled out of NL) was the worst.

First flight left AMS so late that the connecting flight in MAD was already gone when I got there. It was so late in the evening that Barajas was just about deserted, without a single Iberia rep in the departure halls behind security.

When I finally found an open Iberia desk on the other side of security, they rebooked me for the next available flight, which didn't take off until mañana. A night in Madrid may sound like fun, but not if Iberia holes you up in a hotel in the middle of nowhere and you're booked for an early morning flight.

Of course I asked for my €400 compensation per EC261/2004.

- Iberia: "The delay was due to extraordinary circumstances beyond our control. Therefore no compensation is due."
- Diabo: "What extraordinary circumstances?"
- Iberia: "Extraordinary circumstance: late arrival of inbound flight. No compensation is due"

Late arrival of an Iberia flight is an extraordinary circumstance? Yeah right.

And then Iberia refused to answer my emails and letters, and they hung up the phone when I called them. So I made the regulatory authorities deal with them.

(fast-forward to 9 months later, 'cos the authorities are as slow as Iberia)

- Reg auth: "There were no extraordinary circumstances beyond Iberia's control for that flight, so by refusing to pay compensation Iberia violated the law."
- Diabo: "The regs say you have to pay.
- Diabo: "Iberia, if you don't pay I'll see you in court."
- Diabo: "Iberia, here's a copy of the claim I'll file with the courts if you don't pay me within two weeks. For your convenience I've listed some similar court rulings against Iberia."

And then, f-i-n-a-l-l-y, Iberia paid me what they had to pay me a year ago.

EC261/2004 was made with companies like Iberia in mind. So if they try to wipe their behinds with that law, don't let 'em get away with it. Report them, drag 'em to court, fight for your rights. It works.
Congratulations Diabo,

I am in a similar situation with Vueling, getting the same replies,...and I also plan to take them to court if they do not pay the compensation according to law.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.