Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia invites customers to bid for upgrades to Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia invites customers to bid for upgrades to Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Dicksbits
How is it presented in the IB website? Does it just appear across the bar at the top when you've logged into your booking reference, or does it appear in the details of each flight in the menu on the left hand side?
And I assume it doesn't appear on the IB app..
Just to update when the upgrade is available it does show in the App and can be booked within the App too. If it does not show in the App then it is not on offer.
feysul likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
I was offered an upgrade at online checkin and took it. Am I entitled to avios and tier points in the same was as a BA promotional upgrade?
Only according to the underlying fare.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
When buying an Iberia flight from American (as an AA codeshare on a -001 ticket stock), do you still receive the IB upgrade bid offer? Can you pay to upgrade it in the lounge? Typically, Ive been offered pricing between 50-150 euros. Or is it not possible if the flight is ticketed by American and has an AA flight number (even when operated by IB)?
Old Oct 30, 2022, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No experience with AA, but I've seen the option with BA issued tickets / BA flight numbers. The bid option - probably only once or twice. The OLCI offer - not every time, as the offer isn't available every time (even for direct IB sales), but often enough to think that they're correlated.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
Where in the app are these bidding opportunities presented? MMB? I’ve just added a 6 leg flight to the Iberia app, four of which are on Iberia. BA said other than their two legs (which are in CE) there was no J on the other flights but Iberia disagrees. So I’m now trying to upgrade.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 1:06 am

Programs: Iberia Platino,15x Southwest Companion Pass/ Hilton LT Diamond/ Hertz PC, OWEmerald; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by wutlol
Where in the app are these bidding opportunities presented? MMB? I’ve just added a 6 leg flight to the Iberia app, four of which are on Iberia. BA said other than their two legs (which are in CE) there was no J on the other flights but Iberia disagrees. So I’m now trying to upgrade.
When you check In thru the app. Make sure you have the Iberia booking code.

The upgrade will “pop up” during the upgrade process.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 5:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Flying ib6252 jfk-mad tonight. Never saw upgrade offer in app but at checkin I asked and was quoted $288 ( from PE). Accepted.
feysul and Seanish like this.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by rjflies
Flying ib6252 jfk-mad tonight. Never saw upgrade offer in app but at checkin I asked and was quoted $288 ( from PE). Accepted.
My mother was offered $275 in the app or web (forget) back in November from JFK in PE. Imagine it’s some baseline and priced in EUR. Worth it I’d say.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 6:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
I was offered an upgrade from PE to J for $320 at OLCI on a MAD-MIA flight three months ago, and I took it. A word of caution: be sure to double-check that the upgrade was processed correctly, as mine wasn't. I was able to select a seat in the J cabin immediately after paying for the upgrade, however when I went back to MMB half an hour later I realized that I had been booted back to PE, even though my credit card had been charged the $320 fee.

IB's twitter team was very helpful (much more so than IB's phone customer service) however they were unable to reinstate the upgrade as the flight was now under airport control. They suggested that I get it processed by IB's service desk at MAD. Eventually I had the upgrade reinstated by IB's staff at the Velazquez lounge desk and I managed to grab the very last remaining J seat on the flight.
craigthemif and 4lB3R70 like this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Has anyone been able to upgrade with a BA flight number? I'm contemplating upgrading now (though GBP 296 difference) or just risk it and wait till check in. Its just LHR-MAD but its on Good Friday.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, no problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.