Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia invites customers to bid for upgrades to Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia invites customers to bid for upgrades to Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: AA, BA, DL, UA, SAS
Just been offered 450€ on MAD-SDQ, but the lack of TP and avios earning is putting me off so won't take it.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 5:30 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by nitbix
Just been offered 450€ on MAD-SDQ, but the lack of TP and avios earning is putting me off so won't take it.
Had the same offer for the same route last year, also 300€ for the return. Since the ticket was less than 600€ Roundtrip ORY-MAD-SDQ, took both offers.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Only on Iberia.com?

Does the offer to bid for upgrades come only if you have bought your ticket on Iberia's website?

What about buying through Finnair? What about through the usual online travel agencies?

Thanks!
Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, HH DIA, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Cerebrito
I have seen the same on every single flight I have been on with Iberia between either Madrid and London or Madrid and Paris:
  • They offer the opportunity to bid for a business class seat from €80
  • If you don't bid then at then 24 hours before the flight they offer the business class upgrade for €60
Where, when and how do they offer the 60 EUR? Via e-mail? At OLCI? Currently, they offer to bid for 80 EUR on DUS-MAD...
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by LennartH
Where, when and how do they offer the 60 EUR? Via e-mail? At OLCI? Currently, they offer to bid for 80 EUR on DUS-MAD...
Yes, at OLCI. Sometimes you also get an email a few days before the flight, including the option of paying for the upgrade with (a lot of) Avios.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 7:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
Do you receive the business TP's and Avios when using these bid offers?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 9:52 am

Unfortunately not.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 2:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Invited to bid...

So I did for LGW-MAD at a whole €80, which was then denied as insufficient!

Imagine my shock at online checkin being asked if I wished to upgrade for Ģ59.62... Which I calculate as being approx €80! Anyway I declined!!

This morning checking in for the return I was initially asked if I would like Seat 2D in Business Class, which I accepted! At that stage I was informed it would cost me €60!!!

I declined!
Newbtravelle likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver
LPA-MAD €70 euros and MAD-LHR €60 euros offered at online check in. I just wanted the upgrade on the MAD-LHR sector as that's on the A346 , so i unticked the LPA-MAD sector , it then offered a 10% discount off both sectors if i took both. Worth playing around with if you've got more than one sector in your booking.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:57 pm

Programs: JP SEN; LATAM Black Signature; Accor Plat
Originally Posted by BERbound
LPA-MAD €70 euros and MAD-LHR €60 euros offered at online check in. I just wanted the upgrade on the MAD-LHR sector as that's on the A346 , so i unticked the LPA-MAD sector , it then offered a 10% discount off both sectors if i took both. Worth playing around with if you've got more than one sector in your booking.
Iīm booked on O class FRA-MAD, which is the cheapest eco fare. Now since Iīm OW sapphire, I can of course take one bag free of charge so I had no motivation to book a higher fare. I wanted to take an upgrade option from FRA during OCI but the call center agent told me, that O fares are not eligible for upgrades when checkin in online. He told me not to check in online but to do it at the airport, because as soon as I check in in eco, I cannot be upgraded into biz. Now, I called again five hours later and another agent told me that all booking classes are obviously eligible for upgrades.

Which information is correct? Should I really wait until I get to the check in counter?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by LH_001
Which information is correct? Should I really wait until I get to the check in counter?
I'm pretty sure that I have been offered the upgrade with an O fare but then again I have never taken it, so I'm not sure.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Yllanes
I'm pretty sure that I have been offered the upgrade with an O fare but then again I have never taken it, so I'm not sure.
Thanx Yllanes!

it worked fine. did get an upgrade on FRA-MAd. 60EUR. the plain was full, so it was ok to have an adjacent seat free. it was interesting to see that maitre de cabine has put 2 ppl from Y into C because they were IB staff as well...

does a booking class change with a service class as well? for instance SK does it. anyone knows how IB handles this?
Old Dec 20, 2015, 1:30 pm

Thanx Yllanes!

it worked fine. did get an upgrade on FRA-MAd. 60EUR. the plain was full, so it was ok to have an adjacent seat free. it was interesting to see that maitre de cabine has put 2 ppl from Y into C because they were IB staff as well...

does a booking class change with a service class as well? for instance SK does it. anyone knows how IB handles this?
Booking class usually changes to U or R class which is non earning. Quite often a retro claim is needed for the original booking class which in your case would be O class. Sadly unlike SK you do not get any more miles unless it happens by error but I have never seen it.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by DELLAS
Booking class usually changes to U or R class which is non earning. Quite often a retro claim is needed for the original booking class which in your case would be O class. Sadly unlike SK you do not get any more miles unless it happens by error but I have never seen it.
makes sense, because the booking class on my BP is marked U. so, I guess Iīll need to make a retro claim. but for this few miles in O... letīs see...
Old Dec 21, 2015, 6:54 am

makes sense, because the booking class on my BP is marked U. so, I guess Iīll need to make a retro claim. but for this few miles in O... letīs see...
True but there may be one day when you need just 200 or 300 Avios to get an award so even the small amounts are worth having

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.