Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Domestic flight sales outside of iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

I am trying to book a flight and I must use our travel agent. The agent told me yesterday that her GDS wasn't pricing out the domestic MAD-SVQ segment. I just looked on expedia and there are no domestic IB flights listed for any of the routes I checked. Per Expertflyer, there are seats and a fare is loaded. Can anyone shed some light on this? Is it a temporary problem that waiting a few days will solve?

Thank you
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:05 am
Original Poster

This is crazy. I still cannot book domestic flights through a TA whether the flights are part of a larger itinerary or on their own. I call Iberia and they tell me that it's the TA. But this is happening with numerous TAs and TA websites.

Sigh. Anyone have any light to shine on the situation?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I just tried booking MAD-SVQ on expedia.co.uk ( for travel at the end of April) and it was pricing IB flghts ok ( £63 rtn)

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 14, 2012, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I just tried booking MAD-SVQ on expedia.co.uk ( for travel at the end of April) and it was pricing IB flghts ok ( £63 rtn)

Regards

TBS
How absolutely bizarre! I put in the end of April and all it gives me back is TAP, Air Europa and an Aeromexico codeshare.

Thank you for checking. I really appreciate it.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Darren
How absolutely bizarre! I put in the end of April and all it gives me back is TAP, Air Europa and an Aeromexico codeshare.

Thank you for checking. I really appreciate it.
I just booked it using the link from www.skyscanner.net
Old Feb 18, 2012, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Yeh they are showing up again on expedia as of Friday, which was three weeks after SpanAir shut down. I wonder if either Iberia or the govt shut down sales for three weeks to absorb the Span Air pax that were stranded. Who knows. Unfortunately, my TA still couldn't see them on her system on Friday. I am hoping it shakes out over the weekend.

If this is what either IB or the GOS did, I don't see why they didn't either put a notice on the IB website or send out a notice to all the travel agencies that availability would be affected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.