Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Business Plus longhaul - definitive thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia Business Plus longhaul - definitive thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2012, 1:10 am

Programs: Loyalty? I go where the points and status are!
Originally Posted by Charlie Kilo
Travelling as a solo passenger, what is the privacy like between the seat pairs in Business Plus? Photos show what appear to be a divider between the two seats that can be pulled out but this might only be seat trim!

Any comments on this?
I didn't find that there was that much privacy.. Even in sleep mode it's a little awkward. Not the end of the world though.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 10:05 am

Programs: IB+ PriorityClub AMEX-MR
Lie-flat?

I took my first Business Plus TATL flight in a long while the other day. It was a pretty pleasant experience, the service, food and wine were good, but one thing that struck me was that the seat didn't truly lie-flat. It was nearly there but there was still a slight incline and the seat cushion certainly wasn't flat with the rest of the seat when fully reclined.

Reading Ronda magazine I noticed that the new A330 business class talked about a "totally horizontal (180º) bed" whereas the A340, it seemed to be deliberately less explicit. So, were the lie-flat updates that were made to the fleet a couple of years back not truly lie-flat or were my expectations a little too high perhaps? Flight was A340-200 between MAD and PTY and I was in row 1.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by r217
I took my first Business Plus TATL flight in a long while the other day. It was a pretty pleasant experience, the service, food and wine were good, but one thing that struck me was that the seat didn't truly lie-flat. It was nearly there but there was still a slight incline and the seat cushion certainly wasn't flat with the rest of the seat when fully reclined.

Reading Ronda magazine I noticed that the new A330 business class talked about a "totally horizontal (180º) bed" whereas the A340, it seemed to be deliberately less explicit. So, were the lie-flat updates that were made to the fleet a couple of years back not truly lie-flat or were my expectations a little too high perhaps? Flight was A340-200 between MAD and PTY and I was in row 1.

I feel they are almost 180 now. It was certainly not the case before.
Except for row 1 (recess in bulkhead) and row 6 (mini J cabin 343).

These were the only seats that could fully extend to a near horizontal position. The other rows lacked the space to do so, which was solved by the removal of an entire row a while back, (except for seats in row 7 mini J cabin).

Glad to hear that the service was good, it can be rather lackluster at times.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 5:31 am

Programs: IB+ PriorityClub AMEX-MR
Thanks Travellair.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Amenity kit and pj's

If there is a amenity kit or pajamas in J on JFK-Mad flight, can you please describe? Also, is the lounge in JFK terminal 7 the BA lounge? Any other oneworld lounge available in t7? Thanks.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 1:49 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by fmkgb
If there is a amenity kit or pajamas in J on JFK-Mad flight, can you please describe? Also, is the lounge in JFK terminal 7 the BA lounge? Any other oneworld lounge available in t7? Thanks.
Hi,

A few months ago there were no pajamas, I do not think that these have been introduced.
They hand over amenity kits with classic stuff.

Sorry do not know about the lounges in JFK.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 1:58 am

Good review here

http://www.svenblogt.de/airline-revi...0-txl-mad-sju/
Old Sep 23, 2013, 3:51 am

Programs: IB Plus Gold
if you fly with IB from T7 to MAD, then the only lounge you have is the BA lounge.

thanks

Spainfly
Old Oct 20, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hyatt Glob, AA 1MM. Former UA 1K, AA Exec Plat
I'm looking at options for flying SEA-MAD or SEA-SVQ early next year. Some of the options include IB longhaul, specifically ORD-MAD or JFK-MAD. How can I definitively tell whether a given route will have the new lie-flat beds? It would kill me to choose IB to save an hour or two of total trip time and then find out that I have a reclining seat, when I could have taken BA and had a flat bed.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by seaflyguy
How can I definitively tell whether a given route will have the new lie-flat beds? It would kill me to choose IB to save an hour or two of total trip time and then find out that I have a reclining seat, when I could have taken BA and had a flat bed.
No worries, both seats are actually flat (180°). The old ones used to be angled, but then IB eliminated one row and changed the mechanics, so they go flat now. I actually prefer them to the new seats, since I'm very tall and the old seats offer almost unlimited legspace (especially in row 1, where you have about 220cm (more than 7ft!). The new seat is o.k. but a bit too short for me ...

If you are desperate finding out, check the seat map. If it's 2-2-2 then it will be the old seat (which I prefer). Another way is the aircraft code:

330 - all new J (A330-300)
342 - old J, only first cabin J (it's technically an A340-300, though)
343 - old J, two cabins J (also A340-300)
345 - new J (it's technically an A340-600, though)
346 - old J (also A340-600)

Enjoy your trip anyway!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:03 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by seaflyguy
I'm looking at options for flying SEA-MAD or SEA-SVQ early next year. Some of the options include IB longhaul, specifically ORD-MAD or JFK-MAD. How can I definitively tell whether a given route will have the new lie-flat beds? It would kill me to choose IB to save an hour or two of total trip time and then find out that I have a reclining seat, when I could have taken BA and had a flat bed.
Without knowing any specifics, you are almost guaranteed to have the new seats to ORD or JFK. Even more so by next year as even more equipment is upgraded.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 8:05 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
SCL-MAD IB6380 27/Jul/15 A340-600

Hello everybody,

I need to get from Santiago to London next year in biz class. I'm only considering the long flights on BA or Iberia for this leg (it's a RTW trip, I would have tried biz class on the other airlines flying the route by this stage )

Is the Iberia aircraft operating this route, full, 180 degree, parallel to the floor horizontal flat?

The other alternative flight is AA to Miami then BA from Miami to Heathrow. Any suggestions?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:06 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Hi again creampuff

I think there is a mixed bag operating still and swiss_global above explains how to work out what sort of aircraft is operating your flight. Plug in your dates and have a look.

I just flew IB J from BOG to MAD and most flights were designated as a 345 so I was fairly sure I would get the new seat.

I took lots of photos which I will post if I can decide where, food was poor out of BOG, I am hoping it will be better out of MAD on the return leg. You don't want to hear this but LAN is probably better on that route. More spacious cabin, better IFE and same slightly indifferent cabin staff.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by creampuff

Is the Iberia aircraft operating this route, full, 180 degree, parallel to the floor horizontal flat?
Yes even the old seat is flat if you're unlucky to get the new seat.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Hi again creampuff

I think there is a mixed bag operating still and swiss_global above explains how to work out what sort of aircraft is operating your flight. Plug in your dates and have a look.

I just flew IB J from BOG to MAD and most flights were designated as a 345 so I was fairly sure I would get the new seat.

I took lots of photos which I will post if I can decide where, food was poor out of BOG, I am hoping it will be better out of MAD on the return leg. You don't want to hear this but LAN is probably better on that route. More spacious cabin, better IFE and same slightly indifferent cabin staff.
Thanks for the info, JohnnyColombia. LAN is off the options list for this flight as I think you know!! It's a real shame about LAN; I flew them extensively about 12 years ago and really liked the airline, it's a shame I can't use them on this trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.