Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Business Plus longhaul - definitive thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia Business Plus longhaul - definitive thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2011, 4:05 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Probably LAN has a slight edge. But for the convenience of LAX-MAD nonstop, IB serves me well. I am very happy to see the restoration of this flight, and especially with the A340 with Business Plus. Comparing with AA LAX-LHR, another flight I have taken a number of times, I prefer IB without reservations. Hmm. Poor choice of words...

Originally Posted by rajuabju
Is it comparable to say LAN's BusinessFirst hybrid product? Looks inferior just from the photos, but of course cant really tell that well.

Considering an a trip to Spain from LAX next year, and of course IB would likely be my first choice since I have OW miles galore right now.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 8:36 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hello,

I have booked an award from MAD to MEX in Biz for next month.

It is posible to book the seats in advance by phone or I will be only to select at OLCI?

I have no status with IB and I would like to avoid row 6 that is apparently no fully flat.

Thanks,
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:33 pm

Whoops, never saw this. I've been able to call and select seats that way. I've not tried the booking management page.

Originally Posted by saviox
Hello,

It is posible to book the seats in advance by phone or I will be only to select at OLCI?

I have no status with IB and I would like to avoid row 6 that is apparently no fully flat.

Thanks,
Old Aug 11, 2011, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by saviox
Hello,

Thanks,
You can call and book your seats in advance. No problems.

However, for your own peace of mind, all business plus seats are now fully flat.

Have a nice flight and enjoy business plus!
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:27 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Thanks for your replies JDiver and Ashore.

If all seats are fully flat, I will wait until I can do OLCI and pick up whatever is available.
I fly very little in IB so I do not know what Biz seats are considered better.
Also I do not know if it will be an Airbus 343 or 346 so seatguru does not help.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 7:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
Hi all,

I am doing with my girlfriend IB6051 (MAD-JNB). We prefer window seats so the first one (middle or window seats) is solved. It seems that the aircraft that does those flights is an A343 at least on September.

I think that we should stick on the front cabin (Rows 1-5). Is anything specific that we should be aware of?
Old Sep 5, 2011, 10:56 am

Other than the caveat SeatGuru has posted about the first row being close to galleys etc., I can't think of anything. We prefer the forward cabin (and then, rows 2-4) - less noise, off earlier. Be aware cabin crew often choose to not allow pax to use the forward of the three lavatories because of presumed interference with their galley duties.

Originally Posted by potakas
Hi all,

I am doing with my girlfriend IB6051 (MAD-JNB). We prefer window seats so the first one (middle or window seats) is solved. It seems that the aircraft that does those flights is an A343 at least on September.

I think that we should stick on the front cabin (Rows 1-5). Is anything specific that we should be aware of?
Old Sep 5, 2011, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by JDiver
Be aware cabin crew often choose to not allow pax to use the forward of the three lavatories because of presumed interference with their galley duties.
Or they want to keep it clean for their use

Thanks, we are on 2J, 2L.

Apparently Seatguru has old/wrong seat maps for the A343, row 5 does not exist.

Side note, I am amazed by the fact that there are so many seats reserved already. Also it seems that everyone is aware that row 6 is the bad row.

Old Sep 6, 2011, 3:44 pm

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
I've not flown Iberia longhaul, however I used to fly SAS/LH longhaul an awful lot on their A340s.

What I can say is that it is easily one of the quietest planes I have flown on and that includes CW UD of the 747.

I don't really think there will be any problem with Row 1, in fact sometimes it can be better because you get a bit more room (this is the case with SAS and LH) and don't have anyone walking past you (toilets are back towards the 2nd doors).

How come you didn't choose LHR-JNB with BA Potakas?

Apparently the "bad row 6" no longer exists. Hope you can confirm on your flight?
Old Sep 6, 2011, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by globalste
I've not flown Iberia longhaul, however I used to fly SAS/LH longhaul an awful lot on their A340s.

What I can say is that it is easily one of the quietest planes I have flown on and that includes CW UD of the 747.

I don't really think there will be any problem with Row 1, in fact sometimes it can be better because you get a bit more room (this is the case with SAS and LH) and don't have anyone walking past you (toilets are back towards the 2nd doors).

Apparently the "bad row 6" no longer exists. Hope you can confirm on your flight?
Booked those with miles and BA didn't have availability on J or F, to JNB or CPT (you can get a connection with Comair domestic at South Africa without extra miles )

So, I am currently booked EDI-LHR-MAD-JNB-PLZ , I will drive to Cape Town and then CPT-LHR-EDI. All those flights for 100K BA miles (+700E) in J.

I could have add the PLZ-CPT on J for no extra miles but they say that it is a beautiful ride. I'll keep looking like the hawk for BA availability.

I will check for row 6 as I am also curious and I will do a review for the restaurant for JDiver ^
Old Sep 6, 2011, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
I flew on Iberia from MAD-SCL on an A340-300 (seperated business cabin) 2 days ago and was in row 7 and it wasn't lie flat! Row 6 however was lie flat.

I was also unimpressed w/ the food and the entertainment options.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 5:13 pm

Iberia's A340s have lavatories up front. A340-300 has galleys and one lav forward of row 1, which IB cabin crew often try to restrict from passenger use, requiring use of the two lavs between the forward Business cabin and the "mini" cabin. The A440-600 has a better-situated lav (and galleys) forward and two lavs aft in Business (all one large cabin).

And if one likes quiet, though off-topic for IB, the A380 forward upper deck is absolutely the quietest.

¡Buen viaje, potakas! to the land of bobotie, potjiekos, koeksisters, bilton and boerewors (and even skop, if you are up for it!) and takkies, bakkies, etc.

Originally Posted by globalste

Old Jan 7, 2012, 5:49 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Juliusgg
IB seat is fully flat, plenty of space, just row 6 on 340-300 are still angled ones...try to avoid this row, array is 2-2-2 like LAN, same seat style, not as private as BA for solo traveling...
Edited.

I have now seen the comments stating that row 6 is indeed flat. Good - as I booked in a seat in that row!!

Any strong preferences to travelling in the small second cabin over the larger front J cabin?

Further edit.

Travelling back on the -600 and am in row 4 currently. Is row 1 likely to be better with no too much disturbance on this next sector?

Last edited by TravellerFrequently; Jan 7, 2012 at 6:10 am Reason: re A340-600
Old Jan 7, 2012, 8:22 am

Programs: AmEx Platinum, Hertz Gold, SPG Gold, Iberia Plus, Club Carlson Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
I flew back to MAD from SDQ three weeks ago and the experience was not as fantastic as I would had wanted it to be. The crew was particularly unhelpful and they really seemed like they did not want to work at all. Not a single one of them had a smile on the face.

The selection of wines, on the other hand, I have to say that was sublime. As for the food, the starters were alright. They served smoked salmon if I remember correctly. However, I had fish - apologies for not giving more details on this but I do not remember exactly what I had, to be perfectly honest - as a main dish but it was not particularly good and neither was the presentation.

I can confirm, nonetheless that the seat reclines fully and transforms itself in a 180-degree bed. However, since it was hot in the cabin, I was unable to sleep properly alghough the fact of being a bit hungover did not contribute to get a good night's sleep either!
Old Jan 9, 2012, 7:29 pm

So with this business plus long haul...what are the lounge access rules? Im flying JNB-MAD and would like to stop in a lounge in JNB before the flight. Im assuming its any one world J lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.