Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia Full Coach PAB

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2011, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK IB QF
Iberia Full Coach PAB

Hi, I'm new and I didn't know where to post this...I thought my quick question was not worthy a whole new topic... anyway I posted this already in an old thread which didn't seem to be of much use so here goes!

This question goes for all you Iberia experts out there.

I recently booked some Reduced Coach tickets to Africa and the Middle East via London with Iberia/British Airways and realised that I'm not going to receive as many tier points or Puntos Aéreos Basicos as a full fare Coach. I kind of need them to qualify for next year's tier status.

Does anyone know whether I can easily change the fare and how to do this? Does it involve an extra cost? (besides the difference in fare price, of course)

Thank you so much in advance and keep up the great forum!
Old May 1, 2011, 9:39 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Welcome to FT.

The answer will depend upon the fare rules for exact fare you purchased. They will govern whether changes are possible, and if possible, what (if any) change fee is payable, etc.

Do you have the fare rules or access to them?

Did you book direct with IB? You may have to call to find out the answers to your questions, if you can't establish what the fare rules are for your fare.

Going through the booking process again might give you access to fare rules before comitting to purchase, assuming the same price is returned, and you booked recently that would also be a guide. Otherwise, call.

If you have your single letter class codes, and your routing, an attempt could be made to guess which fare (or combined fares!) you have bought, but it could be wrong.

Fare rules in relation to people sat in the same cabin on the same aircraft can vary depending upon overall ticketed route, price paid, country of sale, duration of stay, time of purchase, etc.

EDITED TO ADD: Notices you are using both IB and QF programmes, are you crediting to IB or QF (or does the answer depend upon what they earn!)

Last edited by David-A; May 1, 2011 at 9:46 pm
Old May 2, 2011, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK IB QF
Originally Posted by David-A
Welcome to FT.

The answer will depend upon the fare rules for exact fare you purchased. They will govern whether changes are possible, and if possible, what (if any) change fee is payable, etc.

Do you have the fare rules or access to them?

Did you book direct with IB? You may have to call to find out the answers to your questions, if you can't establish what the fare rules are for your fare.

Going through the booking process again might give you access to fare rules before comitting to purchase, assuming the same price is returned, and you booked recently that would also be a guide. Otherwise, call.

If you have your single letter class codes, and your routing, an attempt could be made to guess which fare (or combined fares!) you have bought, but it could be wrong.

Fare rules in relation to people sat in the same cabin on the same aircraft can vary depending upon overall ticketed route, price paid, country of sale, duration of stay, time of purchase, etc.

EDITED TO ADD: Notices you are using both IB and QF programmes, are you crediting to IB or QF (or does the answer depend upon what they earn!)

Hey, thank you for the quick reply!

Yeah, I'm definitely going to call because I made the reservation and got a booking reference on ba.com but had to physically pay at MAD airport at an Iberia stand for the trip to Africa which was quite confusing.

Anyway thank you so much! I'll keep you updated to see what happens.

(I'd be using the IB because I think I would be getting more value tier points but not so sure yet, going to wait and see what IB staff tell me!).

EDIT: Apparently most of the legs are in fact full coach! S class is NOT discount economy right? All the legs are S except for one in V class which is discount I presume

Last edited by alekos47; May 2, 2011 at 8:34 am
Old May 9, 2011, 5:37 am

Programs: IB plus Platinum, JK Gold, BAEC Silver, LH Senator, PC Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by alekos47
Hey, thank you for the quick reply!

Yeah, I'm definitely going to call because I made the reservation and got a booking reference on ba.com but had to physically pay at MAD airport at an Iberia stand for the trip to Africa which was quite confusing.

Anyway thank you so much! I'll keep you updated to see what happens.

(I'd be using the IB because I think I would be getting more value tier points but not so sure yet, going to wait and see what IB staff tell me!).

EDIT: Apparently most of the legs are in fact full coach! S class is NOT discount economy right? All the legs are S except for one in V class which is discount I presume
ALL class fares "outside" Y, B or H are considerer for Iberia as "economy discount".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.