Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincón del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 – 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2017, 4:13 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
They really should make a deal to send certain flights up to Neptuno which doesn't get crowded until around 1 PM when the EK142 passengers start to show up.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:40 am

Programs: Iberia SAS
Does anyone know when this refurbishment is scheduled to end?
When will the T4 start being refurbished?

Best,
Old Aug 6, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBS
Sorry everyone, I've got a beginner-level question.

Is it possible to access the Velazquez lounge when arriving from London? I've got an overnight connection to Barcelona and would prefer not to spend on a hotel room.

Muchas gracias por adelanto
Old Aug 6, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Originally Posted by Chokkoubin
Sorry everyone, I've got a beginner-level question.

Is it possible to access the Velazquez lounge when arriving from London? I've got an overnight connection to Barcelona and would prefer not to spend on a hotel room.

Muchas gracias por adelanto
They are 2 main problems:
-If you are flying with IB metal: you arrive in the terminal T4 (a few gates are prepared for non-Shengen flights, mainly the LHR ones). I think you clear passport control and you are already in the T4 airside departure area.
-If you arrive with BA metal, or with the IB A340 flight, you arrive in the T4S. But you don´t get into the departure area. You will have to clear passport control and security. Your BCN flight is leaving fro T4, so I guess you won´t be allowd into the Satelite terminal.

I might be wrong, but I think that´s the case!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by tobsw
They are 2 main problems...
Oh no!

It sounds like I'll have to get a hotel then - that or sleep on the floor of T4.

On the way back I've got another overnight (I know). Is the rest area in the Velazquez lounge shut, and if so are there any alternatives (I have a Lounge Club card)/can I just sleep on a sofa in there?

Thank you for your help so far!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
The Dalí lounge is also open 24 hours.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Is it actually?

The IB website says it's only open 05.45 to 23.00...but then another page says both Dalí and Velázquez lounges are 24h.

http://www.iberia.com/gb/vip-lounges/
Old Aug 7, 2017, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Unless this is a new development I don't think this is correct, I've arrived around 05:15 once for the 06:55 to LHR and it was still shut.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 6:09 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

The Dali lounge will be closing on 24 October. It is expected to reopen on 15 December upon completion of the refurbishment works.

Source: www.iberiagencias.com
Old Aug 12, 2017, 6:50 am

That's the plan at least. To summarise, because I think some people have asked also about the plans for Velázquez:

- Until the end of August: Velázquez 60% closed
- From the end of August until October 23: the refurbished part of Velázquez opens, the other half closes and they work on refurbishing it and on adding more space

During all this time there'll be no showers, rest area or children's area in the lounge.

On October 24 Velázquez should be fully renovated and they close Dalí.
Prospero likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sala Dalí will be completely closed, or just partially?!
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:12 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by BA6501
Sala Dalí will be completely closed, or just partially?!
The news item posted in IB's trade site suggests it will be a complete closure. As the lounge is effectively sub divided into two distinct wings, I had to double check the notice to be certain.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Yllanes
During all this time there'll be no showers, rest area or children's area in the lounge.
Ah. I was planning to overnight there tomorrow. The T4S Priority Pass lounge is 24 hour though isn't it?

Otherwise I may have to try to persuade them to put me on an earlier flight...
Greenpen likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Prospero
The news item posted in IB's trade site suggests it will be a complete closure. As the lounge is effectively sub divided into two distinct wings, I had to double check the notice to be certain.
That's how I read it too - and it is not in two specific closure periods like Sala Velazquez... wonder if they'll strike a deal with the Aena lounge, but who am I kidding...

These new lounges better be good!

As an aside, does anyone know how exactly they are expecting to extend the lounge by 80% in T4S (and that's just in one half of the lounge!)? It seemed pretty constrained by the building size, the lounge takes the entire part that "juts out" of the terminal to begin with? Or is it just space gained by smartly reorganising the layout (the business centre area and TV area, for example)?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by BA6501
That's how I read it too - and it is not in two specific closure periods like Sala Velazquez... wonder if they'll strike a deal with the Aena lounge, but who am I kidding...
From the spanish version:
Por esto motivo se ha elaborado un plan de contingencia que contempla ofrecer a nuestros clientes, con derecho a este servicio las siguientes alternativas:

Bono desayuno
Bono snack
Bono WIFI

That means

Voucher for breakfast
Voucher for snack
Voucher for WiFi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.