Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Mattress Run? Hyatt Rosemont IL& HR OHare:

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2009, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LT NoN REV

Hello all,
i will be in chicago IL for the weekend.
if i check in friday night (oct 9) at HR ohara and check out saturday (oct 10).
go to hyatt rosemont, check in saturday (oct 10) and check out sunday (oct 11).
will i get credit for 2 stays for the weekend trip?
i saw the post for definitionof a stay, but i am asking because i thought i read awhile ago that these 2 properties are an exemption.
pls help clarify.
thank you
Old Sep 26, 2009, 6:56 pm

You will get two stay credits for this as you will be changing hotels. They must be booked on Hyatt.com and not a third party site to get credit.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 8:27 am

Don't see why not.. just don't book it through any "third party".
DH did something like that last year when he was in Orlando. Had 6 nights, MR between 2 HP that were only a few blocks apart to get 3 FFNs. After a while the front desk folks joked w/him. Wish he could have stayed a few more nights in Orlando to get another night earned since we really enjoyed using the FFN in Kauai. Guess it's now the "season" to do some MR.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
By pure happenstance I will be staying at three different Hyatts over my next weekend in Chicago, prior to the STAR Do. As I get in late on Saturday I have booked the O'Hare for that night, then head downtown to the main Hyatt Regency, then back up to the airport Monday night at the Rosemont for an early morning shuttle to the UA portion of the Do. All have been legitimately booked on the Hyatt site, all have bonuses as well as will be valid for the FFN and Double Elite Stay bonus. (And on the way back from the STAR Do I will have another overnight, this time at the O'Hare Hyatt before heading home. So in all lots of points, two Free Nights and eight credits towards renewal of Diamond. So by plan or happenstance, the rewards are bountiful. (Yes, I've changed my tune somewhat, though just wish Hyatt had announced the 4th Q promo a bit earlier...)
Old Sep 27, 2009, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Shareholder
...Yes, I've changed my tune somewhat, though just wish Hyatt had announced the 4th Q promo a bit earlier...)
Please reflect this statement to two of your previous entries:

Don't understand why people are so enthusiastic about what is really a watered down version of a traditionally more generous promotion. Other than extending into Jan 2010, and permitting redemptions through March 2010, I fail to see how "big" this promo is. Once again, more disappointments from HGP.
Received ["Earn up to 10,000 Hyatt Gold Passport Bonus Points"] too, but if one doesn't travel to or within the USA, it's of no value. But for those in the USA who do visit all those third tier cities and towns, rack up the status stays and now extra bonus points on cheap Hyatt Place stays, your Christmas has come!
Enjoy you stay at HSS El Segundo!
Old Sep 28, 2009, 9:09 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; UA Golod; SPG; Hyatt Diamond; AA PLAT; MR gold
Originally Posted by dimmedlights
Hello all,
i will be in chicago IL for the weekend.
if i check in friday night (oct 9) at HR ohara and check out saturday (oct 10).
go to hyatt rosemont, check in saturday (oct 10) and check out sunday (oct 11).
will i get credit for 2 stays for the weekend trip?
i saw the post for definitionof a stay, but i am asking because i thought i read awhile ago that these 2 properties are an exemption.
pls help clarify.
thank you
with relatively minimal travel (eg less than 10 miles) you could also pick from a few HSS and HP
Old Sep 29, 2009, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LT NoN REV
hello,

your suggestion is greatly appreciated...
i won't have a rental... and i didn't see ss / hp around the airport that i can use the shuttle to go hopping to the next property...
thank u
Old Sep 29, 2009, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by peezers
with relatively minimal travel (eg less than 10 miles) you could also pick from a few HSS and HP
Are there any other Hyatt/HSS/HP just off of (within reasonable walking distance of) the "L train" in Chicago...other than those downtown? I have a 3 night stay coming soon and I'll do one night at Hyatt Rosemont and another night at Hyatt OHare.,..but the Thurs night stay at both of these hotels as well as the one downtown is $180+ per night. I'm not willing to pay that much but am willing to stay at another property if not so high
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Well I would suggest the Hyatt Place Itasca, which is under 10 miles from Ohare, and Rosemont. Perhaps the hotel may have a shuttle to the airport /CTA station. You may also want to look into taking the METRA Train into the city, there is a station about a mile and a half from the hotel.

You can also do a search on google maps to find CTA and METRA Rail Stations near any address/hotel in Chicago. Type in the hotel name or address, and do a search. Once the map appears stroll over the "MORE" option on your upper right hand corner, and click "TRANSIT". Stations and rail lines will appear on the map. You can also check schedules, and bus routes via google. This service is also available on iPhone maps.

Originally Posted by Renard
Are there any other Hyatt/HSS/HP just off of (within reasonable walking distance of) the "L train" in Chicago...other than those downtown? I have a 3 night stay coming soon and I'll do one night at Hyatt Rosemont and another night at Hyatt OHare.,..but the Thurs night stay at both of these hotels as well as the one downtown is $180+ per night. I'm not willing to pay that much but am willing to stay at another property if not so high
Old Oct 1, 2009, 10:47 am

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Just from a bit of google mapping, the Hyatt in Lisle and Deerfield are both within a mile of the Metra. Woodfield is great with three properties all within a mile, so maybe there is a shuttle to one from the airport and you can walk between them. Also, from what I recall you there are a few shuttle companies that will get you from ORD to Woodfield, so that may be your best bet to get 3 stays in a night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.