FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   TARGETED? - Diamonds - free night at a Hyatt Place / Summerfield - by 12/31/09 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/998129-targeted-diamonds-free-night-hyatt-place-summerfield-12-31-09-a.html)

sensei Oct 29, 2009 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by tasnam (Post 12593781)
Thanks Firewind.

But I guess you missed the point of the question.

What was the activity that triggered it?

A) Just because we are Diamond (That may be the case)

B) Book a certain pattern and you got the free night (perhaps)

C) Other?

My guess would be A), since I was just status matched Diamond status (from Hilton) and have the offer in my account...

NJUPINTHEAIR Oct 29, 2009 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by sensei (Post 12733228)
My guess would be A), since I was just status matched Diamond status (from Hilton) and have the offer in my account...

A is the answer -- I believe all Diamonds got/get it.

bmw303 Oct 30, 2009 5:27 pm

I dont know why I ever stayed with Marriott :cool:

hyatt rocks

jammanxc Nov 4, 2009 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by DealDetective (Post 12730726)
I had the same thing happen. Usually when you use an award they list the property next to the award in the account detail. Mine is still blank. I suspect they'll catch it sooner or later.

going to redeem another free night...and see what happens

icurhere2 Nov 4, 2009 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by jammanxc (Post 12768860)

Depends upon one's personal philosophy - I had a situation where a bonus offer wasn't removed from my account but didn't want to do anything to get my account audited / tick off Hyatt (the company has been very good to me).

best Nov 5, 2009 12:45 pm

If a Diamond did not see this or did not receive it--any success asking for it?

gregorygrady Nov 5, 2009 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by jammanxc (Post 12768860)

Don't be surprised if they come back and deduct 5k, 8k, or 12k pts from your GP acct if you attempt this.

Seemed like they forgot to deduct a few FFNs from my acct during a past FFN. I thought they were giving me a freebie of course so I reused them..................only to find a nice 54k point deduction when I looked in my acct a few months later.

Lesson learned: Don't try to pull a fast one on Hyatt. They are quicker than us..............especially when they have a big stash of your points in an acct. :)

aussielori Nov 17, 2009 1:04 am

I just tried to send a PM to GP Concierge but she does not accept PMs or emails.

I understand from another post that these are transferrable.
Has anyone had success with this?

aussielori Nov 17, 2009 1:08 am

Originally Posted by Onewhoknows (Post 12460581)
hi,
maybe i have over-read it :
Please Hyatt GP Concierge :

Are the Hyatt Place Free nights transferable ?
( at least for us European members?)

seems she is not answering this. but apparently someone was able to transfer through the private line agent.

seems that some are and some arent.

peteropny Nov 17, 2009 8:20 am

Originally Posted by aussielori (Post 12831876)
I just tried to send a PM to GP Concierge but she does not accept PMs or emails.

Thanks for posting this - I've contacted both the tech staff here at FT and through my contact at Gold Passport. This is rather odd (my guess is that its either related to the Andaz mistake or the Flyertalk outage).

kevino Nov 17, 2009 9:56 am

Originally Posted by aussielori (Post 12831876)
I understand from another post that these are transferrable.
Has anyone had success with this?

Do you mean the post on Coupon Connection?

NJUPINTHEAIR Nov 17, 2009 9:57 am

Originally Posted by peteropny (Post 12833264)

This is rather odd (my guess is that its either related to the Andaz mistake or the Flyertalk outage).

Or outrage over how they seem to be compensating people for their $0.00 mistake rate! ;)

Renard Nov 25, 2009 10:21 pm

What might be the odds that they might extend this a month after the 12/31 expiration if I call and beg??

JoeBagodonuts Nov 26, 2009 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by Renard (Post 12882155)
What might be the odds that they might extend this a month after the 12/31 expiration if I call and beg??

call and ask.. then let us know what they say

Renard Dec 3, 2009 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by Renard (Post 12882155)

I called and asked. Explained how I was just granted the award just before thanksgiving and how I'd be in Europe for the rest of the month where there are no/few HP. She said that she would request an extension. She didn't say it in a manner that made me feel hopeful.

I leave for Europe in 9 days for the rest of the month....so it'll go unused. :(