Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

NextBigThing 10/1/09-1/31/10 Earn-10/15/09-3/31/10 Ext 1-3 mos elites (REQ by 2/28)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NextBigThing 10/1/09-1/31/10 Earn-10/15/09-3/31/10 Ext 1-3 mos elites (REQ by 2/28)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2009, 7:48 pm

W/ no form of disrespect azepine00, I would say that u need to read ur own statement as it leads itself to say (IMHO) that that u can request pts/miles @ ur leisure per stay. For ex: one stay u might feel that u want to request pts b/c u were targeted for the HSS/HP promo of 2500 pts but w/ another stay @ a HR u want to request the miles promo. I overstood the T&C's very clearly about the choosing of only 1, whether that being miles/pts. But the way u worded made it seem to be that u can pick miles for 1 stay & pts 4 another. Its like ur telling musikdude that once he has gained his 25k miles, then he can switch to pts. My ? to u was-can he?-even though the T&C's state different.

Its like I said about the Diamond CSR. She said that u have to stick w/ 1 option but u say otherwise. Who am I to believe! Trust me, I would prefer to believe u @ this pt. Plus, u have been n this game alot longer than I have.

NJUPINTHEAIR-I thank ur for ur better wording!

Last edited by mommafrica; Oct 6, 2009 at 7:56 pm Reason: spelling of name
Old Oct 6, 2009, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by azepine00

Al least this was the case in the past when I switched between earning options on several occasions. I'd be very surprised if this has changed.
Well, that's good to know!

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Oct 6, 2009 at 8:42 pm
Old Oct 6, 2009, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Here is what my Hyatt account shows:

Faster Free Nights™
Your free night award is available to use at any participating Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide. You may redeem your award September 15, 2008 through February 28, 2009. See offer terms and conditions for details.
Awards
Earned: 1
Redeemed: 1
Available: 0
Stays to Next: 2
Expiration:
31 Mar 2010
Could someone please tell me where to find the above FFN status summary? The bonus miles from my previous stay has posted but I don't see anything regarding FFN in my account. Thanks!
Old Oct 6, 2009, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by camping
Could someone please tell me where to find the above FFN status summary? The bonus miles from my previous stay has posted but I don't see anything regarding FFN in my account. Thanks!
In your account, check awards, then my promotional awards; they are there.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by mmhk
Thank you!

Have another 'old' question though, which still troubles me as I didn't get any definite answer only contradictory info: it is regarding the definition of stay in the FFN promo. If during the promo period I stay at Hyatt for one (1) night, I would get:
- base points
- 3000 bonus (my chosen option)
- G* bonus (if applicable at that location)
- count as double stay for tier.

Would that be correct? That's what some people have been saying. As per the normal GP T&C where a stay is 2 or more consecutive nights.
First, a stay is one or more consecutive nights at the same property.

Second, since you are saying you elected the 3k bonus points for the promotion, and the 3k bonus per stay starts on the 2nd stay, so assuming this is your 2nd or subsequent stay, I believe what you said is correct. (Plus your tier bonus on your base points, if you have status in GP.)

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Oct 6, 2009 at 9:03 pm
Old Oct 6, 2009, 8:56 pm

Please, please, please, before you ask a question,

if you haven't read the first post and the 2nd post in this thread, go back and read them.

Chances are your question is answered there.

Post #1 in this thread is from GP Concierge and contains a short Q&A and the T&Cs of the promotion.

Post #2 in this thread is our FFN FAQ and was written by members of this forum and has been kept up to date by our moderator Peteropny.

-David
Old Oct 6, 2009, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by 236Dakota
In your account, check awards, then my promotional awards; they are there.
Thank you. I am not seeing anything related to FFN there.. Not sure if it is because I selected miles instead of points or there is a delay in posting FFN bonus..
Old Oct 6, 2009, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by camping
Thank you. I am not seeing anything related to FFN there.. Not sure if it is because I selected miles instead of points or there is a delay in posting FFN bonus..
I selected miles. One FFN posted <24 hours after second stay.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Originally Posted by Trustguy
Are these posts confusing the choice between miles or HGP points for routine, individual stays vs. the choice of points or FFN's for this promo?
I hate bumping my own posts, but this may need to be on every page...
Old Oct 6, 2009, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by 236Dakota
I selected miles. One FFN posted <24 hours after second stay.
I see. I got only one stay so far. I guess I should just patiently wait till I complete the second stay.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by mommafrica
Its like I said about the Diamond CSR. She said that u have to stick w/ 1 option but u say otherwise. Who am I to believe!
Try this.

You have to choose one option for the promo, which is either FFN or 3k point bonus starting on the 2nd stay. You are stuck with that choice once you make it, and you can't change it during the promotion once you make that choice.

Now, if you choose FFN, you can either take GP base points + status tier bonus or airline miles at each stay, and you should still get an FFN credit on eligible stays no matter which option you pick. You will under no circumstances get the 3k bonus points on any of your stays because you elected to take FFN credit instead of the 3k promotional bonus. You may get other targeted or promotional bonuses, but you won't get the 3k promotional bonus once you elect FFN as part of The Next Big Thing promotion.

So you get two choices.

Choice 1: Which Next Big Thing Promo do you want? FFN credit or 3k GP points starting on the 2nd stay. You get to choose this one time only and you can't change it.

Choice 2: What do you want credited at the property for each stay? GP base points + status tier bonus OR airline miles. You get to make this choice for every stay if you want to.

They are basically independent choices, and whatever choice you make for choice #2 does not affect your FFN credits, if you elected FFN for choice #1.

A stay is still a stay even if you take airline miles instead of GP points for that stay. That's how that works. Hyatt and GP want you to get credit for every stay.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Oct 6, 2009 at 10:10 pm
Old Oct 6, 2009, 11:49 pm

LIH Prem-I know all of that as I've stated before so I don't know why this continues to be repeated. This has nothing to do w/ the affect to the FFN's/the 3k bonus. The ? asked by musikdude was could he switch from miles to pts after collecting 25k miles. It has nothing to do w/ whether/not u will be credited for a stay for collecting miles/pts. So pls, let's get over this hump.

The only ? was whether/not u could switch from miles 2 pts after the T&C's clearly states its "one/the other." Now most people want to dwell n the past & say what it use to be like. The fact of the matter is what the "present" T&C's say. Didn't it say that u have to stick w/ one/the other thru the entire promo concerning pts "or" miles?
Old Oct 6, 2009, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by mommafrica
The only ? was whether/not u could switch from miles 2 pts after the T&C's clearly states its "one/the other." Now most people want to dwell n the past & say what it use to be like. The fact of the matter is what the "present" T&C's say. Didn't it say that u have to stick w/ one/the other thru the entire promo concerning pts "or" miles?
I believe I answered that question. I'm sorry you don't think I did.

For choice 1, which is the Next Big Thing Promo choice, you only get to make that choice once, and it's for the entire promo. That choice affects what you get for the promo only. Once you make that choice, you cannot change it.

Choice 2 has nothing to do with choice 1, and you can elect miles or points for each stay. Choice 2 is completely independent of choice 1 and you can choose something different for choice 2 at each stay without affecting choice 1.

I don't think I can make it any clearer than that.

Please refer to the following post earlier in this thread from GPC:

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear FlyerTalk Members,

After speaking with our Gold Passport customer service representatives and reviewing the several posts regarding the confusion on whether choosing 500 base miles for your stay will count toward earning either free nights or bonus points in The Next Big Thing promotion, we have decided to remove the restriction that you must choose points for your stay. Therefore, Hyatt Gold Passport members can choose points or miles for their base stay and will earn either free nights or bonus points, as long as they register in The Next Big Thing and choose the reward they want to earn.

I hope this information assists you in your travels. Thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,
Karen Smith
Gold Passport Concierge

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Oct 7, 2009 at 12:12 am
Old Oct 7, 2009, 12:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,IHG Plat Amb, CC Gold, Kimpton IC, United, AA, BA, Amtrak G.R.
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
I believe I answered that question. I'm sorry you don't think I did.

For choice 1, which is the Next Big Thing Promo choice, you only get to make that choice once, and it's for the entire promo. That choice affects what you get for the promo only. Once you make that choice, you cannot change it.

Choice 2 has nothing to do with choice 1, and you can elect miles or points for each stay. Choice 2 is completely independent of choice 1 and you can choose something different for choice 2 at each stay without affecting choice 1.

I don't think I can make it any clearer than that.

-David
Thanks David- Your post is quite clear and I now feel I completely understand the nuances of these promotions and how to take full advantage of them! Fingers crossed that someone from Hyatt GP doesn't misinterpert the rules as you laid them out and cause me a headache down the road.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 12:19 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

OK - Hyatt CSRs (including Diamond line people) have in the last year been giving out plenty of wrong information on various details - some of which is pretty basic - so please take that information with a grain of salt.

If you have questions, please read posts #1 and #2 of this thread - this contains Hyatt's Official T&Cs as well as FAQs (which were originally written by LIH Prem and updated by myself) - these should answer most if not all of the frequently recurring questions.

Now addressing this latest question - can you choose miles for some stays and points for others. The answer is YES, you can choose miles for any stay that you want (even alternate between miles & points on subsequent stays if you want). This is a permanent feature of Hyatt's program - however, there is no way for you to pre-designate which stays earns miles in which program - you need to do it at check-in each time otherwise the default is points. However, even after the stay posts incorrectly, you can easily get it changed to miles from points since Hyatt hasn't transmitted the miles over to the airlines.

Now, what you can't choose for each stay, the choice between bonus points and the free nights (FFN) under this Next Big Thing promotion - this one clearly says that you must choose one or the other and no change is permitted - the only question that I'm unclear on is what if you don't designate (register) for the promotion until later, will everything be retroactive?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.