Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2021, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by danger
In my experience, hold Hyatt to its 24 hour turnaround. It's especially important when you get the inevitable rejection. Remind them the website says 'you will hear back within 24 hours' not that you might or that that's the aim.

Equally, though, it doesn't hurt to create a new claim or claims while still keeping the original.
I had meant that it was 24 hours after I had submitted my reservation, not for the BRG request.

With that said, my first one just got approved...wow. Received email at 1022pm local time, I submitted right at the time of my last post. So I can answer my own question, it looks like I was okay submitting the request right outside the 24 hr from making my hotel reservation.

EDIT: and now second reservation matched. This could not have been easier and faster. It also looks like the same agent reviewed both my requests. That's less than a 45 minute turnaround time on both.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 12:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BThumme
I had meant that it was 24 hours after I had submitted my reservation, not for the BRG request.

With that said, my first one just got approved...wow. Received email at 1022pm local time, I submitted right at the time of my last post. So I can answer my own question, it looks like I was okay submitting the request right outside the 24 hr from making my hotel reservation.

EDIT: and now second reservation matched. This could not have been easier and faster. It also looks like the same agent reviewed both my requests. That's less than a 45 minute turnaround time on both.
Just don’t get too used to that type of response time / service
Old Jan 14, 2021, 10:28 pm

Hoping to book a room for tomorrow night. Found a deal for cheaper on trip.com that is non-refundable.

Technically Hyatt's rates are non refundable since I am within 24 hours.

Any idea if that would work? I don't want to pull the trigger and then get denied.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 10:38 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Hoping to book a room for tomorrow night. Found a deal for cheaper on trip.com that is non-refundable.

Any idea if that would work? I don't want to pull the trigger and then get denied.
"The Hyatt.com Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to:
  • Claims submitted within 24 hours of first available check-in time for the related reservation."
https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/info/best-rate-guarantee
Single_Flyer likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer

Originally Posted by danger
"The Hyatt.com Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to:
  • Claims submitted within 24 hours of first available check-in time for the related reservation."
https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/info/best-rate-guarantee
Even if over 24 hours, can a BRG be against a CTrip/trip.com rate?
Old Jan 14, 2021, 11:15 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by myperks
I have had seven of 14 claims against Trip approved. The rejections had nothing to do with the site being prohibited.
myperks likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by myperks
My submissions have almost always been against rates on Trip.com, and as with all BRG submissions it's variable. Even when absolutely everything matches they might still find a reason to reject. I've had success once out of about a half-dozen attempts.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
I submitted a third request that kind of got matched, but they only wanted to match it to the rate as a customer service gesture and not go above or beyond it.

I've noticed in all three requests, the hyatt customer affairs email is signed by the same person. That has me a bit anxious to make any more requests if the prices change for my upcoming stays and they aren't the best rate anymore if I can rebook them.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 7:17 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Modify/Change exisiting BRG reservation

Does anyone have any experience modifying an existing BRG reservation, where you had to remove a night from the reservation (need reservation to be 7 nights from existing 8 nights)? It does not look I have the ability to make that change online in my account, but if anyone has been able to call Hyatt reservations/or the hotel directly and been successful, please let me know.

Thank you
Old Jan 18, 2021, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vballny23
Does anyone have any experience modifying an existing BRG reservation, where you had to remove a night from the reservation (need reservation to be 7 nights from existing 8 nights)? It does not look I have the ability to make that change online in my account, but if anyone has been able to call Hyatt reservations/or the hotel directly and been successful, please let me know.

Thank you
You can't touch a BRG booking without it being cancelled. Leave a day early if you must. If you want to arrive a day later you are possibly in trouble...
Old Jan 18, 2021, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
You can't touch a BRG booking without it being cancelled. Leave a day early if you must. If you want to arrive a day later you are possibly in trouble...
At $843/night, I definitely wouldn't want to throw out a night and leave early for example. Sounds like its either 8 nights or cancel and rebook with current rates. Thanks for your insights!!
Old Jan 18, 2021, 8:36 am

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by vballny23
At $843/night, I definitely wouldn't want to throw out a night and leave early for example. Sounds like its either 8 nights or cancel and rebook with current rates. Thanks for your insights!!
Perhaps call the property and ask if there's an early departure penalty. There often isn't.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by merrickdb
Perhaps call the property and ask if there's an early departure penalty. There often isn't.
Thanks - I will likely reach out in the coming months once airfares are released for my travel dates. - this trip is for December 25th through January 2nd and I will be charged in full 30 days prior to check-in due to this being a resort during the holiday travel season.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 5:51 pm

Blargh. Just submitted the forms for two identical stays in two consecutive weeks. Realized as I submitted the second one that I attached the wrong screenshot and maybe even pasted in the wrong URL for the first one.

This will be my first attempt at using a hotels.com secret rate - I wish I hadn't bungled it up.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by synergistic
Blargh. Just submitted the forms for two identical stays in two consecutive weeks. Realized as I submitted the second one that I attached the wrong screenshot and maybe even pasted in the wrong URL for the first one.

This will be my first attempt at using a hotels.com secret rate - I wish I hadn't bungled it up.
Just can cancel the reservation you messed up and rebook and resubmit the guarantee?
synergistic likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.