Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Guess the last time your Hyatt Place bedding was washed...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2008, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum

Ok, maybe I have gotten spoiled by the duvet covers at the Marriott & Hilton brand hotels that are changed after each guest (and full service Hyatt's for that matter) but I was surprised to find out how rarely the bed spreads and blankets at HP are changed and why. Two HP's have confirmed that they only wash them if a customer complains about it being dirty or housekeeping notices it is "too" dirty (which is rare according to the staff at both properties). Their explanation was that they could not wash them (bed spreads) at the hotel, they have to be sent to a cleaner...which explains why the last one I requested changed came in a dry cleaning bag on a hanger (had to change it myself) and they only have a couple extra available at any given time..

Perhaps this only affects certain properties, but surely Hyatt can come up with something better to improve the situation, such as switching to duvet covers like nearly all their competitors or switch to something easier to clean. I would expect this from a Super8 or Best Western but not a Hyatt brand.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 8:55 am

hmm.. i hope they wash them more frequently than stated here...
Old Dec 19, 2008, 12:13 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Smile

In my case, it could have been a day, a week, a month or more...

But it was definitely since the room was last occupied...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.