Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Stays Count Double Towards Elite Status (11-1-08 to 12-31-08)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stays Count Double Towards Elite Status (11-1-08 to 12-31-08)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2008, 1:00 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Good news for me, never thought I would ever see Diamond but I am in with a chance this year with two trips to Indonesia and one to Thailand this month. If I wasn't so lazy/busy I could check in and out twice, there's an Intercontinental in Bangkok across the road and likewise in Jakarta. Doing the figures, it doesn't make me want to travel more or stay at Hyatt more often, it just disrupts my stays by checking in and checking out. Maybe if I am one or two short in January 2009, I will buy another night somewhere, so the pitch does work. regards bkkrop
Old Nov 8, 2008, 1:26 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I didn't receive the e-mail but just called them to inquire about this promotion and was dealing with an incredibly incompetent agent who kept thinking I was asking about FFN. Then she kept telling me this promotion would help me to get to Platinum status with one more stay (I'm already a Platinum member). After a long time, apparently I got enrolled for the promotion (if she managed to do that right)...the promotion code is apparently qqpd08. Perhaps this can be helpful to some people.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 6:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Darn!

All those Q1-2008 mattress runs to get back Diamond, and all the Q3-2008 mattress runs to get back to the beach on FFN's! I could saved my Marriott status then instead and still keep Hyatt Diamond now! (But I did try a few "always wanted to go there" properties).

Well, based on the recent past I really hadn't expected the two-fer again till early next year. Guess with travel tanking its a good way to hold customers and sell rooms without actually lowering prices. Might work.

Congratulations to those of you who waited and got a better deal than I did. I'll see you in the club next February. Aloha!

(Hey Marriott! There is still time! Want to match the promo? I can be bought cheap!)
Old Nov 8, 2008, 7:50 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by attorney28
...Then she kept telling me this promotion would help me to get to Platinum status with one more stay...
That's the promotion I got today via email. Which I should be able to manage, even on (recently) reduced business travel.
--
13F
Old Nov 8, 2008, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
That's the promotion I got today via email. Which I should be able to manage, even on (recently) reduced business travel.
--
13F
Was your email double stays to Platinum or all stays double until Dec 31 2008?
Old Nov 8, 2008, 8:14 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by bbbb
Was your email double stays to Platinum or all stays double until Dec 31 2008?
Achieve Platinum Membership With One More Stay
We would like to remind you that with only one eligible stay at any Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide, now through the end of the year, you will achieve Hyatt Gold Passport™ Platinum membership.... etc.

I don't think I've had enough stays to be near qualifying the normal way.
--
13F

Last edited by Seat13F_AC_CRJ; Nov 9, 2008 at 5:51 am Reason: spelling
Old Nov 8, 2008, 10:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG gold,Marriott silver, AA, UA, Delta
I've got 19 stays and 6 more booked over the holidays. Now I can reduce those to 3. Would have very useful a little earlier. Could have cut my 14 stays since Sept.1 in half. But hey, don't look a gifthorse in the mouth.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 8:38 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
it appears most of these emails target diamond members, only a couple plats ?

it also appears strictly to be a target promo

--
Old Nov 9, 2008, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
it appears most of these emails target diamond members, only a couple plats ?

it also appears strictly to be a target promo

--
I called yesterday with the code from post #17 and the rep said he registered me. Now I just need to make a stay to see.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 9:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA Life Plat, Marriott Life Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, Hilton/Hyatt Diamond, Radisson Gold
Nights as well?

Any word whether nights would count double towards status as well, or just stays? If nights count double, I might try to register as my stays tend to be 5 or 6 nights. (Or 9 nights, like my upcoming trip to Chicago that I'll probably book at a Marriott property, or perhaps a Kimpton. Which is why FFN doesn't entice me to stay at Hyatt properties.)
Old Nov 10, 2008, 9:24 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by blackfur
Any word whether nights would count double towards status as well, or just stays?
In the past, like the general doube stay credit in early 2008 it was doubling only stays and not nights - for example to date I have 42 stays but only 41 nights as strange as that may sound.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 9:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA Life Plat, Marriott Life Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, Hilton/Hyatt Diamond, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny
In the past, like the general double stay credit in early 2008 it was doubling only stays and not nights - for example to date I have 42 stays but only 41 nights as strange as that may sound.
Thanks for the quick reply. Sounds as though there's still no point in my tossing some nights towards Hyatt. The program, promotions, and bonuses are just too stay-oriented to offer me much benefit. Glad it's working well for you.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 10:40 am

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by bbbb
I called yesterday with the code from post #17 and the rep said he registered me. Now I just need to make a stay to see.
+1 today. Thanks.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 11:23 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by From NYC
+1 today. Thanks.
+1 as well. What a life saver ^^
Old Nov 11, 2008, 6:19 pm

Programs: Hertz #1 Gold, SPG, Hyatt GP
Called and used the promo code to register. Also had a stay from 11/1 post. posted as double. TY OP and Attorney28!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.