Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Earning a small number of Hyatt points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2008, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I am short four points (yes, 4) for a 3,000 point award at Amerisuites. Is there any way to earn this small number of points (a sign-up, online mall purchase, etc.)?

I know I can buy points from Hyatt, but the minimum purchase is 500 points and you are only allowed to buy 10% of the points required for an award--which in this case is 300 points.
Old Mar 15, 2008, 9:15 am

not too sure of ways to get 4 points.. but

if you have friends / family with a gp account, they can combine their points with you to redeem an award. the easiest way to do this is via a conference call with GP, and they will be able to transfer 4 points from your friends account for your reward booking immediately.

the other way is to make a booking through the gp hotline (you need not have the full points), get the reservation number, pass the reservation number to your friend to get the 4 points transfered to you via gp hotline.

forget about the manual process. takes too much time.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 1:02 am

do you need a rental car?
Old Mar 16, 2008, 11:57 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Aircoco, Avis does offer 300 GP points per rental, but almost never posts naturally. I & many other FTers must phone a month later to fight for it.

Soitgoes, I suggest U call GP & ask about getting a friend to transfer 4 points. Maybe U will get lucky & the rep. will just comp. U to save trouble!

IIRC the limit is 10% rounded to the nearest higher 500, so U can buy 500 points for $10. 'Tis a shame to buy $10 worth when U need only 8 cents , but I suppose U can offer on tCC to transfer 496 points into another FTer's acct.!
Old Mar 16, 2008, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for the posts. I was hoping there was a shopping mall or something, but from these posts and my searching, I guess there just isn't. They also aren't on points.com, so that doesn't work.

It would be nice for them to comp it, but it's also good to know that I should be able to buy 500 points for $10 if I need to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.