Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to expect as new Diamond

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2008, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: continental, united premier, hyatt diamond, marriott silver, priority club platinum amb,hilton gold
What to expect as new Diamond

I am a new Hyatt Diamond member. The first time I will be using my Diamond status will be at stays in Maui and Honolulu next month. What is the most I should expect from these properties. Or what will I probably receive.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 3:38 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

stinkycop - welcome to the Hyatt forum. The best source of the information you are seeking is located in the "Review" link for the properties located in the Property Index & Review Sticky above. There are lengthy threads on these two properties referenced. If time is limited, perhaps read the last few pages/posts.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by stinkycop
I am a new Hyatt Diamond member. The first time I will be using my Diamond status will be at stays in Maui and Honolulu next month. What is the most I should expect from these properties. Or what will I probably receive.
Don't expect much next month in Maui as it will be spring break and the place will be full. They only give RC access if you get a room on the RC floor and breakfast in Swan court if not.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 1:43 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

I called a favorite Hyatt hotel exec and asked him if he could "help a diamond out on a future stay" (meaning me.).

He laughed and said, "If Diamond's all you've got to tell me, get in line". We had a discussion about the flooding of the system. He really believes that benefits, such as automatic RC access/breakfast, etc., are going to go away, simply because the cost of providing them becomes prohibitive with so many people.

I'll be interested to see what Stinkycop gets out of his new Diamond membership at these properties.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by shinbal
..We had a discussion about the flooding of the system. He really believes that benefits, such as automatic RC access/breakfast, etc., are going to go away...
How much of a flood of new Diamonds are there?

This is what I've been worried about with all the free Diamond/Plat, double stay promotions, etc.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 2:58 pm

three D's

Disappointed, Disillusioned and maybe even Deceived, a marketing tool, that gets worse ever year, 8 years a diamond and every year the standard has dropped, my new policy is go to the best hotel you can afford pay the best rate you can get insist on the service you expect do not expect anything for nothing, and beware hotel execs bearing gifts, you will pay for them one way or another at some stage, better to know upfront.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.