Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Clear is it worth joining? - CEASED OPERATIIONS 6/22/09 - May Restart late 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clear is it worth joining? - CEASED OPERATIIONS 6/22/09 - May Restart late 2010

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2009, 12:35 pm

Programs: SPG,Marriott,Hilton,Delta,US airways,Hyatt,Fairmont,American A,Priority Cub,Discovery,etc
Angry Clear is no more

JUst checked link.....no more Clear lanes see website.Shucks.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 12:59 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iamfrugal
JUst checked link.....no more Clear lanes see website.Shucks.
Yes, I think we all know about that happening months ago. This thread is now about the possibility that they may return.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 1:52 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I guess Clear program is being run by "new" people - they are in the process of reactivating the program.

I no longer have my card so contacted them recently about getting a replacement.

This is the response that I got:

Dear Peteropny,

Thanks for reaching out to us. In the near future we will be in touch to let you know how to re-enable your online account at www.flyclear.com. Once enabled, you will have access to "Your Account" and will be able to update your personal information, request a new card if necessary and view account details such as remaining membership terms. We will honor your remaining terms as of June 2009. This free membership period will begin the earlier of first use or when we open in your home airport.

Best,
The CLEAR Team
[email protected]

Visit us online at www.flyclear.com
Old Jul 27, 2010, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I know that when I was in MCO in late May, the clear desk was still there, right under the escalator to the Hyatt. It was closed, but still there.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 6:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I have both of my clear cards although I do not have a clue as to what my status was (other than free) as of June 2009
Old Jul 27, 2010, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
For those who travel regularly to Canada and have NexusAir cards, these can now be used for a fast track "trusted traveller" security lane at several Canadian airports including YYZ T1, YOW and YUL. Unfortunately these lanes are not available for US-bound flights where those "see all" machines are now operating.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 9:57 pm

I think Clear is evil. Why should they be empowered to cut people into the TSA line? We all pay the same TSA charge on our tickets. Its absurd that a private company can sell line cuts.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by LawFly
I think Clear is evil. Why should they be empowered to cut people into the TSA line? We all pay the same TSA charge on our tickets. Its absurd that a private company can sell line cuts.
Quite the opposite. They provide(d) NEW lines, thereby lightening the load (and cost) for TSA lines and making things faster for everyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.