Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FFN math

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2007, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
FFN math

I've booked 24 stays thru October 22 to maintain diamond.

10 stays at HP average cost $85.00/night net approx 10,000 GP points

14 stays at Hyatt avg. cost 122.00/night net approx 30,000 GP points

$2558.00 includes tax

And now that I've done the math, I'll book ten more for November.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 8:19 am
Community Director Emerita

Did you come to any conclusion about how much more you'd pay per night to stay at a Hyatt versus a Hyatt Place in order to earn more bonus points?
Old Sep 6, 2007, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
That is somewhat interesting but would be more useful if you could put a value on the FFNs that you will receive and where/how you will use the points.

Also whether the $2558 was for rooms that you are re-billing to clients, using yourself (for vacation) or simply to maintain status and get FFNs.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 3:05 pm

The HP where I'm working charges approximately $139 / nt + tax when I'm here. I can get the same room consistently for $44 / nt + tax via priceline. I typically say 3 nights per week.

I can pay $132 / wk and get no points, or pay $417 / week with points and FFN. I've decided that it is better to save the $1,140 / month than to get FFNs this time. Most of the places I might go this period are available for the $250 / nt Elite Cert, so I may do that instead.

I requalifed in early Feb already, so the stay credits are not a concern. I also pay for my own travel expenses, but if I billed it through to the client, my thinking would probably be opposite.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
My priority was booking 24 stays quickly at a reasonable price to retain diamond. Paying more for Hyatt stays with a good GP bonus is valid. At first glance, northern California didn't look attractive but will look again. I have a modest deal at one mediorce HP and might switch some bookings away from there.

I'll use the points at 3,000/night joints. Have had a long standing reservation at Kuaii in November that will convert to FFN. Balance of FFNs at HNL

My expenses are my own.....nobody, no company is paying me to live life on the road.

80% of bookings this year have been thru Priceline and a fair amount end up at Hyatt, so diamond has some value.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.