Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Palm Springs - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Palm Springs - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2009, 4:04 am

Programs: UA Million Miler
We stayed here on October 22nd for one night. When calling, no one made mention of the renovations going on so needless to say, we were quite surprised when we ventured out to the pool area with our swimsuits. We checked out the following morning.

Overall, the renovations are quite nice. It will be a choice property once everything is completed. There are several rough edges and kinks that need to be ironed out, i.e. malfunctioning elevators, slow check in/out service and no one answering the phones.

Not sure if everything has been completed as there was much left to do last week.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 6:47 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Nado
We stayed here on October 22nd for one night. When calling, no one made mention of the renovations going on so needless to say, we were quite surprised when we ventured out to the pool area with our swimsuits. We checked out the following morning.

Not sure if everything has been completed as there was much left to do last week.
According to the webpage http://www.hyatt.com/gallery/palmsrenovation/
the renovations are supposed to be completed in October (I'm assuming Oct 2009).

We are proud to announce Hyatt Regency Suites Palm Springs is undergoing a $14 million dollar transformation to be completed in October. Located on the downtown strip of Palm Canyon drive, this all suite hotel, is centrally located to enjoy sightseeing, nightlife, conduct business or visit friends and family. Every suite is a minimum of 606 sq. ft. with a private balcony, Hyatt Grand Bed, two 42 inch LCD TVs, luxury marble bathrooms and a separate living room area.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 9:31 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

In all my years of booking reservations the folks at the Hyatt Regency Palm Springs Suites to their credit were upfront about their renovation at almost every point they could possibly be ^
Shy of calling each guest personally after every booking
It was remarkably transparent and clear on the website as well.
They even launched a promotion for bonus points or Continental breakfast online for those patient enough to put up with the renovation disruptions ^
When I went to book my reservation the Diamond agent also repeated warnings to me about ongoing construction work and that the pool would be closed.
Upon calling the hotel for a request for a renovated room they once again reminded me of the ongoing work.
Upon check in I believe I was advised that I could use the pool nearby at another nearby resort. As I don't use the pool it wasn't a concern for me.

With the renovation eventually about to finish the hotel is about to become one of my top choices every time in town. I am thrilled to see the hotel revitalize. My only quibble with the HR Palm Springs Suites so far is with the Diamond Breakfast benefit. On my previous stay it was oddly highly conditional
Not quite the full breakfast benefit being generously applied at most other Hyatt Hotels. The server came up to our table and nervously started making the table uncomfortable saying select side orders of anything were not included nor were pancakes or waffles. Certain kind of eggs were or were not
I finally said I don’t care to hear it anymore thank you please let my guest order what ever they would like and I will be responsible and happy to pay for any remaining balance. It ended up being some silly amount extra not worth the speeches to begin with.
We relaxed and then so did the server who seemed more apologetic after he knew we just wanted to enjoy the meal without getting our lawyer present to finish our contractual obligations with obtaining the Diamond breakfast benefit.

This is especially odd as this property in the past despite being in need of a dire renovation was particularly generous even being one of a handful of Hyatt properties that allowed for a full American breakfast through in room dining deilvered to ones suite for the Diamond breakfast benefit.Something that almost made it worth staying there in the past for.

Chris who has posted here in this forum is a stand up guy. Hyatt and the property are very lucky to have him on board. He gets it! And understands the mind set of Gold Passport members and those that post on Flyertalk or elsewhere.
I expect great things from this property. I hope they will bury much of the Hyatt Palm Springs past business behavior and continue to create meaningful relationships with all Hyatt and Gold Passport customers. So far we are well on our way. I expect nothing but mostly smooth sailing.
Nice to have another great choice in town and a place to earn GP points :-::-::-::-:
Cheers
Old Nov 29, 2009, 2:21 pm

Nice review. Agree about comments for the past---hope they correct some of their issues.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 3:31 pm

Remodeling / construction is still going on.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Received this email today:

"SAVE ON ROOM RATES AND FOOD AND BEVERAGE IN PALM SPRINGS, PLUS RECEIVE 2,500 BONUS POINTS

Hyatt Regency Suites Palm Springs is pleased to announce the completion of a USD$15 million transformation. Every one of the hotel's 197 suites includes over 600 square feet of space, a private balcony, two 42-inch LCD televisions, the signature Hyatt Grand Bed™, and custom-designed furnishings and art. Plus, nine new cabana suites offer poolside privacy and an indoor/outdoor living space outfitted with overhead ceiling fans and lounge furnishings.

Guests will also enjoy a new upscale, casual dining experience featuring California fusion cuisine at SHARE Wine Lounge & Small Plate Bistro. The menu highlights flavors and ingredients ideally situated for a communal experience. Dining at SHARE will invigorate the senses, stimulate conversation and bring people together.

Book your next stay at the GP Promotion Rate by January 31, 2010, and enjoy a USD$99 rate for Sunday through Thursday arrivals, and a USD$149 rate for Friday and Saturday arrivals. Plus, enjoy a USD$50 food and beverage credit and earn 2,500 Hyatt Gold Passport™ bonus points with Offer Code GP2500."

T&C's

Edited to add: Also a G-2 bonus is available for Sun-Thurs!

Last edited by jumpdogjump; Dec 8, 2009 at 5:25 pm
Old Dec 8, 2009, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
"SAVE ON ROOM RATES AND FOOD AND BEVERAGE IN PALM SPRINGS, PLUS RECEIVE 2,500 BONUS POINTS

Hyatt Regency Suites Palm Springs is pleased to announce the completion of a USD$15 million transformation. Every one of the hotel's 197 suites includes over 600 square feet of space, a private balcony, two 42-inch LCD televisions, the signature Hyatt Grand Bed™, and custom-designed furnishings and art. Plus, nine new cabana suites offer poolside privacy and an indoor/outdoor living space outfitted with overhead ceiling fans and lounge furnishings.

Guests will also enjoy a new upscale, casual dining experience featuring California fusion cuisine at SHARE Wine Lounge & Small Plate Bistro. The menu highlights flavors and ingredients ideally situated for a communal experience. Dining at SHARE will invigorate the senses, stimulate conversation and bring people together.

Book your next stay at the GP Promotion Rate by January 31, 2010, and enjoy a USD$99 rate for Sunday through Thursday arrivals, and a USD$149 rate for Friday and Saturday arrivals. Plus, enjoy a USD$50 food and beverage credit and earn 2,500 Hyatt Gold Passport™ bonus points with Offer Code GP2500."

T&C's
This is an outstanding rate for this hotel in January. $149 is $39 less than the prepaid limited time rate on the website!
Old Dec 8, 2009, 2:37 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
"
Lets hope the restaurant kitchen gained some talent along the way or simply improved
Execution/quality was always a problem here along with a dated decor and less then exciting menu.
It was typically empty and for good reason
I would call it previously California ConFusion.
Hopefully the new direction will be a huge improvement
might be worth a try now
Red Marlin at the Hyatt Mission Bay was a reasonable success in my eyes with the past makeover.
Some great food and service typically ^
I am glad that Hyatt is not resting on past laurels but moving forward
Old Dec 8, 2009, 8:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Trustguy
This is an outstanding rate for this hotel in January. $149 is $39 less than the prepaid limited time rate on the website!
I got this offer this morning, booked the last night of our stay over Presidents Day weekend for $99, other two nights I had using points. Subtract the F&B credit and it's $49 for the one night, plus I got 12000 points back for not using award night and add another 4143 for paying for the night. Sweet!!! Seems this weekend is now no longer available for this offer code.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by SF1K
Seems this weekend is now no longer available for this offer code.
not true, just booked for weekend in early Feb^
Old Dec 9, 2009, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
not true, just booked for weekend in early Feb^
Maybe you booked 1st weekend in Feb? T&C's now state (didn't read them before so not sure if they changed them) that Feb 13 to 24 is blackout period. But I managed to get second weekend in February.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 6:34 pm

T&C's now state (didn't read them before so not sure if they changed them) that Feb 13 to 24 is blackout period. But I managed to get second weekend in February.
dumb luck then as my res is for a weekend day during the blackout dates you stated
--
Old Dec 10, 2009, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
dumb luck then as my res is for a weekend day during the blackout dates you stated
--
Glad to hear it. I got lucky as well. Look forward to trying out the renovated property. I always liked that property. Hope the outside bar out front is still there. It was always a bit "cheezy" but fun.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Glad to hear it. I got lucky as well. Look forward to trying out the renovated property. I always liked that property. Hope the outside bar out front is still there. It was always a bit "cheezy" but fun.
Good news -- it is still there and is as "cheezy" as always.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Trustguy
Good news -- it is still there and is as "cheezy" as always.
excellent we are curious to see this bar, Mrs Sweet Willie arrives later in the evening than I do and we can be cheezy which ain't easy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.