Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Casablanca REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Casablanca REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2019, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by CIT85
I used points for a Guest of Honor booking for my daughter at HR Casablanca. When checking in, front desk did not believe my daughter was entitled to be a Guest of Honor, confirmation email clearly stated Guest of Honor. Only by insisting, per my instruction, was my daughter assigned a room on Regency Floor with Club access. No upgrade to a suite despite Regency Suite King availability on Hyatt website (yes, it's not 100% but lots of room availability so I am assuming standard suites are available).

Club offerings are decent, according to my daughter. Wine available upon request in the back.
Thats why I ALWAYS contact the hotel myself prior to my GOH arrival and speak to a manager. Basically I give him/her a “heads up.” Doing this assures my GOH all benefits, otherwise you run into issues as the front desk is often clueless about GOH - especially at franchise properties (NOT run by Hyatt employees).

Yeah yeah, I know this shouldn’t be necessary but it takes 10 minutes and it works.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 8:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Any recent stays here?

With the the current AA sale fare it might be tempting for some.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Also curious about the offering right now. Is the Regency Club open? Breakfast/evening cocktails? Treatment for Globalists?
Old Sep 25, 2021, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Drawers/shelves

In the standard rooms, are there a drawers/shelves for unpacking into? In the pictures on the hotel's web site I don't see any.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 6:48 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
With Morocco now reopening to international travelers, hopefully we can get some more reviews/experiences in the coming weeks
Old Mar 28, 2022, 5:25 am

Programs: Mucci, Untappd 8000+
Let me share my recent impressions.
Pictures first:

Executive suite

Breakfast room.

I am happy to answer any questions in the meantime.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Sandy Hopper
Let me share my recent impressions.
What is the occupancy at the hotel, low I presume? How are the offerings in the Regency Club? Was your upgrade complementary or with TSU?

How far is hotel from center city and what is Casablanca like these days?

We'll be in HR Casablanca before and after a tour in October for 2 nights each, so I want to get a feel of location and ease of getting around the city and to/from airport.
Sandy Hopper likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 2:33 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Sandy Hopper
Thank you for posting. Can you share any information on transport to and from the airport?
Sandy Hopper likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by danger
Thank you for posting. Can you share any information on transport to and from the airport?
The airport is far out. I took the train from Casa Port, which takes around 40 minutes and runs once an hour.
You can walk to Casa Port from the hotel.

Careem, Uber’s Arabic equivalent, is tricky in Morocco, which I sort of experienced myself and therefore avoid taxis.

When I first got to Casablanca I tried to hail a Careem from Casa Voyageurs, and four drivers cancelled on me.
It dawned on me that they were perhaps intimidated by taxi drivers.

One Careem driver was cut off and almost hit by a taxi when we tried to get in. The scare tactics worked, and he drove off.
The same cab followed us walking for at least 20 minutes until I called the police.
They let us take another Careem after quite the confrontation.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-cou...global-markets

So public transport it was.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 9:33 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List, National ES
Cabs are pretty cheap to begin with in morocco. I wouldn’t mess with taking busses but the trains are decent. I have taken the train from Casa airport to downtown and I have taken cabs. I think the Cab fare is 350 dirhams (about $35 US) as of a few years ago probably $45 now.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by kpott
Cabs are pretty cheap to begin with in morocco. I wouldn’t mess with taking busses but the trains are decent. I have taken the train from Casa airport to downtown and I have taken cabs. I think the Cab fare is 350 dirhams (about $35 US) as of a few years ago probably $45 now.
Do the cabs take credit cards?

Also, does anyone know if, in the standard rooms, there are drawers/shelves for unpacking into? In the pictures on the hotel's web site I don't see any.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 6:32 pm

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
Also, does the hotel offer a shuttle service, and if so, how much is it?

Does the hotel offer any sort of in room dining options for Globalist?
Old Mar 30, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List, National ES
Originally Posted by anabolism
Do the cabs take credit cards?

Also, does anyone know if, in the standard rooms, there are drawers/shelves for unpacking into? In the pictures on the hotel's web site I don't see any.
I haven’t been to morocco in 3 years—hardly been anywhere in 2 years but no taxis took cards then. In general it is a cash society outside of large restaurants, hotels, and groceries. Most everyone will accept dollars or euros with their own version of the exchange rate. ATMs and currency exchange booths are easy to find at the airport IIRC.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 2:50 pm

I spent two nights here in February and decided to come back for two more nights before hitting CMN MIA again.

Don’t expect too much, be as Arabic as you can be, and you’ll kinda grow to like it.

The club opens at 1:00. Booze and snacks are served between 6:00-8:00.

The lounge host has been with the hotel for thirty years.
He and his old school demeanour are a dying breed, so enjoy while they last.
His phoniness is almost amusing — at times annoying.

The hotel is stingy with upgrades.
In Feb they touted an executive room as a Globalist upgrade.
I stood resolute, et voilà there was the executive suite.

This time I had two different reservations.
One night showed as junior suite in the app and the other night as executive suite upgrade,
which changed to junior suite on day of arrival.

I had a look at the junior suite. It is just a bit smaller than the executive suite.
As said above, be warned, the toilet is separate from the bathroom in what I can only call a closet.
It’s not like a little extra bathroom with a washbasin as in the executive suite.
It is just a toilet and you might just have enough room to close the door.
I argued claustrophobia and got the executive suite again.

Breakfast was somewhat lacking with little choice and very few Moroccan dishes.
I can only compare it to Le Méridien N’Fis in Marrakech, which wins in the breakfast category.
Check your folio. They charged me for breakfast twice.

The pancake lady had her day off on my last day.
So the pancake station opened one hour after breakfast did.
The guys just warmed up yesterday’s stale msemmens, baghrirs and harshas all the way to lukewarm.
Big quality faux pas.

I don’tt see how this indifference and inconsistency could be different in any Moroccan hotel.

Ask the front desk to turn on the sauna and hammam for you.
They are located inside the gym’s locker rooms.

Dare to jump into the pool, repurposing it as a cold plunge right after the steam room.
It’s nice and deep.

Admittedly, I came back to get more djellabas from a tailor at the Old Medina Market.
It is the perfect garment for those colder-than-expected Northern African nights.

Best thing about Casablanca? Walking the eclectic markets across the street.
Be amazed at the food displays and remember never to take HACCP literally here.

What are you planning to do?
CIT85 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 3:57 pm

United Nations Square view

Hassan II Mosque view

Moroccan pancake plate

Local currency metaphor: One Khobz is one dirham.

Mint tea vodka... I claim ownership.

Let go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.