Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Print your boarding pass at the front desk -- new service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2007, 12:55 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I was at the Hyatt Westlake (So Cal) over the weekend and they had set up a terminal at the front desk with a printer right behind it. It was running an application that allowed you to go directly to the online checkin page of many carriers and then print out your boarding pass.

This was wonderfully convenient, as even if you have internet access in your room, you won't be able to print out boarding passes on most business trips unless you travel with a printer (and who does?).

The desk clerk said this service would spread to other Hyatts. I think it's great -- a simple thing to do that makes life easier -- and I hope to see it elsewhere soon.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 1:12 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Hi, Richard, I think this has already been installed in a number of US Hyatts. I've used it several times and I think it's great, particularly since I DON'T travel with a laptop, let alone a printer!
Old Feb 12, 2007, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I used it in Kauai and Waikiki in Oct. I believe they were installing it at the Grand Cypress in Dec.

It is a great service, even though the concierges in the RC used to do when asked.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 1:27 pm
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
I used one in the West Hollywood hotel last summer.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 1:30 pm

I've been using this every week since around summer 06. I fly CO and they even let you check in from your phone at http://pda.continental.com
Old Feb 12, 2007, 2:20 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So it isn't so new, eh? Ah well. Beats having to hit the machines (which increasingly have lines these days) at the airport. Curious that even when the cost of human labor is NOT a factor the airlines can still manage to make their customers unhappy, but that's OT in this thread!
Old Feb 12, 2007, 4:23 pm

I also sometimes will check in online and have the boarding passes faxed to the hotel. That way someone puts it under my door overnight and I'll have it in the morning.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 1:28 pm

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
I've used this at HR SFO and GH NYC
Old Feb 19, 2007, 10:03 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Have used those workstations to do OLCI for airlines, as well as check for GP bonus codes (because I have a short term memory and the front desk clerk doesn't always put them in).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.