Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Multiple Rooms - What does it do to Tier Qualification?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2007, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

I tried a search but couldn't find anything, so I have to ask.

I am planning a trip to China this year where we will be staying in several Hyatts (definitely Beijing, probably Xian, and unlikely, but possibly, Shanghai). Most have two rooms on the reservation.

Between the two rooms and all the time, I will likely have over 40 nights. Now, how much tier credit will this get me? If I will get it for all 40 nights, I might run to my local Amerisuites (soon to be Hyatt Place) and get some double stay credits. Or am I only going to get credit for one room? Please advise. Thanks
Old Jan 30, 2007, 8:13 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by aa4ever
Between the two rooms and all the time, I will likely have over 40 nights. Now, how much tier credit will this get me? If I will get it for all 40 nights, I might run to my local Amerisuites (soon to be Hyatt Place) and get some double stay credits. Or am I only going to get credit for one room? Please advise. Thanks
Multiple rooms on a single night will only get you credit for the one room.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Dang. Well thanks for the quick response!
Old Feb 5, 2007, 7:04 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Have a related question. I've never booked more than one room in a hotel. Planning a family trip and will have three rooms in total. Two rooms on Friday night (including a Suite upgrade) and three rooms on Saturday.

All the rooms are in my name, but will have inlaws in two rooms. Should I expect Diamond treatment on all the reservations? There is no RC, so not an issue. Will there only be one amenity? Two of three rooms are AAA rates with Breakf, so hopefully I can get Diamond Breakfast for the other room.

Finally, I likely won't be there for check-in on the first room, any way to get another name permitted on check-in but still use my name and status as I will ultimately be paying, or do I need to change the name on the reservation?

Would appreciate input from anyone with experience to share.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 8:42 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Have a related question. I've never booked more than one room in a hotel. Planning a family trip and will have three rooms in total. Two rooms on Friday night (including a Suite upgrade) and three rooms on Saturday.

All the rooms are in my name, but will have inlaws in two rooms. Should I expect Diamond treatment on all the reservations? There is no RC, so not an issue. Will there only be one amenity? Two of three rooms are AAA rates with Breakf, so hopefully I can get Diamond Breakfast for the other room.

Finally, I likely won't be there for check-in on the first room, any way to get another name permitted on check-in but still use my name and status as I will ultimately be paying, or do I need to change the name on the reservation?

Would appreciate input from anyone with experience to share.
YMMV - but I've had 2 rooms on 3 occasions at 3 different properties (PH LA, PH YYZ, and HR ATL) - and in all three cases, breakfast & Diamond amenities were provided.

If you want another person to be able to check-in to "your" room - just call up reservations and add that name to the list - should work w/o any problems.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 6:12 am

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
yyzgigi,

I have only had experience with 2 properties on multiple rooms and it is as follows:

1 PH Toronto - 2 room for 2 nights on FFN. With one room upgrade by additional fee to a suite arranged directly with the hotel. We got 2 amenity, one for each room and Diamond breakfast in Aurora restaurant for all 4 for both mornings

2. HR Montreal - 2 rooms for 2 nights on paid corp rate. With one room upgraded to a suite by small additional fee arranged directly with the hotel.
We got 1 amenity but regency club access with breakfast and appetizer / light dinner for 5 adults and the 2 kids got breakfast coupon for the restaurants since no kids allowed in the lounge.

You would only get tier credits for 1 room. What I had done in Montreal is we check in under my name and added one designated person (my sister) as the 2nd person on the 2nd room. When we checked out, I paid for both rooms since I organized the family weekend but added my sister's new GP number replacing mine on the 2nd room with the bonus code so it gave her some nights and points to get her started on Hyatt. She was very happy with Hyatt so I might make her a convert yet. Actually her husband had a card from way back in 2002 for their trip in Vancouver but I think they either lost the points or did not get any since their stay in Hyatt vancouver was booked on a conference rate.

YMMV but hope this helps,
Mary

Last edited by Snoopyo; Feb 18, 2007 at 6:45 am
Old Feb 21, 2007, 12:25 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Delta Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
I have a reservation for 3 rooms this weekend in Tampa, all under my GP#. They booked it and said that the other 2 rooms would need their conf# to check in, and that their names were in the memo field of those reservations.

However, only one room would qualify unde the program. We'll see what happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.