Wiki Posts
Search

Stupid Question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2006, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: NWA-Silver; Hyatt-Plat; PriorityClub - Gold; HHonnors-Gold
Stupid Question

I need 2 more stays to make Diamond and don't have any more planned travel. If I book a room at the local Hyatt, checkin and leave do I need to be around to check out or can I assume they will just charge my cc? I have never not stayed at a hotel I paid for. I did a search but could not really find the exact answer I am looking for.

Basically I don't want to spend the money if I don't get credit for the stay.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 8:21 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, DL MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
There have been times when I've called a hotel and said that I left early in the morning and wasn't sure whether I'd come back so I'd taken my luggage with me, now I know I won't come back, and asked whether they can check me out in my absence and mail me the folio. I've never had a problem with that.

Actually, I've only ever done this when it was in fact true, but it should work for you as well. Myself, I wouldn't just not show up and assume they'd check me out on time.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 8:23 am
cpx

Programs: Many
you should be able to check out.... just ask them when you checkin.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I never check out when I do a mattress run.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 8:49 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
"phantom" stay

While I don't frequent Hyatt properties, this thread caught my eye because I never check out of hotels -- I just leave and hotels send me a folio in the mail (Hilton, of course, slides one under my door in the wee hours). So I appreciate this thread as a heads-up regarding Hyatt's recently introduced policy regarding phantom stays.

A search of this forum on the word "phantom" turns up several useful threads, and a definition appears in the T&C for the online checkin bonus points offer.

http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/profile/r...ckin_terms.jsp

As I read it, checkin online to get the bonus; physically checkin at kiosk or desk, depending on your room rate; go up to the room and make a small mess; optional: take toiletries and sewing kit; go home.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I've said it many times.... As long as you show up & present your credit card, walk into the room & take the amenities, it's no one's business if you're stupid enough to pay for a room and not sleep in it. .

My thinking is that Hyatt wants to stop phantom's, not mattress runs.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 9:21 am

There have been times when I had to leave the hotel in a rush, the TV check-out was not working and there was a long line at the front desk. In those cases I just called the front desk from outside (before published check-out time, of course) and asked them to check me out and fax me the folio. It has worked each time.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 5:18 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I do physically check-out of my mattress run stays - I just like to have a complet folio showing all the right items in my hand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.