Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Phantom stays according to Hyatt

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2006, 9:03 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
What could hurt is if they still show up and people chat about it a lot here or call and complain when one doesn't.

The rules I've come to learn and follow are:

1. If you call to get something posted that didn't post (even bonus points) and a rep says its against policy just say thanks for the information and end the call very friendly. Then call back and get another rep.

2. If after a couple attempts you can't get one to post them just chalk up the lost credit to bad luck and move on.

3. If its a true gross loop hole in a program then don't even call once if it didn't post. For example on the Priority Club multiple 10k bonuses. They went away after one FTers blog posted about it..... Quite a while after that actually but it goes to the point of not overly discussing opportunities like these.

Originally Posted by IK in Seattle
I think is was suggested several times in the past that Phantom Stay discussions be kept more on the QT, and several posters felt no problems discussing it as Hyatt did not care. I guess they have been proven wrong. One thread that comes to mind. At this point I think it does not hurt to discuss it, what else can Hyatt do? All the loopholes are now gone – Priceline and Phantom Stays.

Who gets the credit for making the term Phantom Stays an official term at Hyatt HQ? This is the first thread I could find that uses the term Phantom Stay, is there an earlier one?
Old Sep 8, 2006, 11:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Amen

If not for repeated bragging would the other loopholes have been noticed let alone closed? Perhaps, but perhaps not.

Please nobody screw up the last one. If you are doing a live-body mileage run, please go in long enough to "occupy" the room and check out by phone the next morning. People do that all the time when the stand by for an earlier plane, just so they can go back to the room if needed.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by jayer
please go in long enough to "occupy" the room and check out by phone the next morning.
I rarely checkout during my normal stays, so I certainly wouldn't waste my time calling to check out during a matress run.

But seriously, there is NO WAY they could ever ban mattress runs.............................................p lease!!!
Old Sep 9, 2006, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I agree. What business is it of Hyatt's if I am stupid enough to pay for a hotel room I don't plan on staying in?

Seriously. I'm walking into a hotel and paying for a room. What if I decide, after 6 hours at the hotel that I want to go home or have to go home? Are they going to give me my money back?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.