Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Dongguan China REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Dongguan China REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2011, 9:08 am
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Stayed here recently over a weekend in hopes of relaxing from the noise and traffic in Houije. Unfortunately, the hotel was mobbed with weekenders, a convention of insurance agents and overall was very chaotic and crowded. The room was very nice but the service was spotty and just getting a taxi took almost 25 minutes and a lot of confusion from the staff.
Beautiful setting, nice lounge but it actually felt more like a Vegas convention hotel than a tranquil, quiet weekend.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Dia, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I always have problems at the Dongguan train station, with taxi drivers that refuse to use the meter. I usually just walk out to the street and try to get a taxi that will use the meter.
I've had the same problem. What I've learned is when you come out of the train station (pretty much true at either Dongguan or Shilong station) look for the light blue taxi. I rarely have the argument over using the meter with these guys. The yellow taxi drivers seem to never want to use the meter and ask for at least 2x what the meter would normally show.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 1:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by GB
Stayed here recently over a weekend in hopes of relaxing from the noise and traffic in Houije. Unfortunately, the hotel was mobbed with weekenders, a convention of insurance agents and overall was very chaotic and crowded. The room was very nice but the service was spotty and just getting a taxi took almost 25 minutes and a lot of confusion from the staff.
Beautiful setting, nice lounge but it actually felt more like a Vegas convention hotel than a tranquil, quiet weekend.
Same here. When I was at HR Dongguan, it was like a mad zoo, very loud, chaotic and crowded. We had wanted a peaceful and quiet weekend getaway, but it was obviously the wrong choice!!
Old Oct 19, 2013, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum. Hyatt Diamond
Nice room and setting

Just stay there for 2 nights around Canton Fair. Free shuttle to the fair. about 1 hour and 20 minutes drive. Room is nice and setting is great. Lounge is great, not too crowd. swimming a little. quite and nice lap pool.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I stayed at that property last year in August. I found the lounge pretty nice with the balcony available to sit and enjoy. Also I got a nice Suite and the Spa facilities were pretty good as well.

At that time nothing much seemed to be going on however I was surprised about the large conference rooms and facilities available. Seems like this brings in many guests and business at times.
Old May 25, 2015, 12:25 am

Any updates on hyatt regency dongguan with transportation to/from there and or with the hotel itself? Going to take a trip around New Years to Hong Kong and thinking of stopping over at this hotel as well. thanks.
Old May 25, 2015, 5:39 am

You're going to Dongguan for a holiday? That would be an unusual choice. I don't know if you know much about the place, but it's basically a grey industrial town full of factories churning out the world's electronics and clothes and toys.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.