Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Kyoto - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Kyoto - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2015, 6:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Thanks.... That's helpfull.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
BTW, the Japan Meteorological Agency is predicting that the cherry blossoms in Kyoto will start blooming around 26 March, a bit later than in the average year, which is not too surprising considering that there was ligt snow in Kyoto today.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 4:34 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 5.0; SM-G900V Build/LRX21T) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/40.0.2214.109 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Well I arrive the 29th and will be there until the 6th so that would be perfect.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by antonius66
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 5.0; SM-G900V Build/LRX21T) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/40.0.2214.109 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Well I arrive the 29th and will be there until the 6th so that would be perfect.
When they say "start to bloom" it is at least a week from then until "peak". So if they are correct, around the 4th to 12th should be perfect, maybe a bit longer if it does not rain. However, there are also some varieties of early blooming trees. The shidare zakura, a drooping type rather like a weeping willow, along the river are especially nice. In early years they are at their peak around the 21st, so this year the 28th might be just right.

So, yes, it looks like you timed it pretty good
Old Mar 10, 2015, 10:34 pm

I will arrive at Apr 14th, hopefully there're still some left...
Old Mar 11, 2015, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

29th to April 6th. Hope they open for us too!
Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by airsniper
I will arrive at Apr 14th, hopefully there're still some left...
That will probably be a bit late for most, but there are numerous late-blooming locations. The concierge will know.

And of course it depends a lot on the rain. Once the blossoms are past their peak, the next heavy rain takes a big toll.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG PLAT, ALASKA MVPGOLD
Anyone stay here recently have trouble with having 3 adults in a room? I know sometimes international properties can be sticklers for that.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 4:04 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

If you can book it for 3 they can stay there... The standard rooms have a max occupancy of 2. And in Japan they tend to follow the rules.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by DP81
Anyone stay here recently have trouble with having 3 adults in a room? I know sometimes international properties can be sticklers for that.
The Deluxe rooms are the smallest that will take 3 adults. The Deluxe is essentially very similar to the Standard, but with 5 m2 of extra space around the bed area. Enough room for a rollaway but it would be tight.

Also, depending on who your 3 adults are, you might want to be aware that there's a bit of lack of privacy for the bathroom due to the absence of a door to the vanity area. You can see the floorplan for the Deluxe King (the Deluxe Twin is the same but with 2 twin beds) here:

http://kyoto.regency.hyatt.jp/conten...ges_main_6.jpg

Plus there seems to be a ¥5000 upcharge for a 3rd adult. If it were me, I would get 2 standard rooms rather than squeeze into a Deluxe. Or alternately get a Balcony Twin, which has 2 full size beds.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 12:46 am

For anyone interested, the current prediction, as of yesterday, for the cherry blossoms in Kyoto is blossoms opening 25 March, full bloom 2 April, ideal viewing 1-8 April.

We were there again this past Sat, and the hotel was packed with events, including graduation parties for the nearby women's college.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 12:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
For anyone interested, the current prediction, as of yesterday, for the cherry blossoms in Kyoto is blossoms opening 25 March, full bloom 2 April, ideal viewing 1-8 April.
Thanks... I should be lucky then when staying on April 6th :-).
Old Mar 17, 2015, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
Thanks... I should be lucky then when staying on April 6th :-).
I wish you good weather. Last year we cancelled our two weekend bookings due to rain and just made some weekday daytrips. This year we've booked 2 nights on 3-4 April and hoping the rain stays away.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 1:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I wish you good weather. Last year we cancelled our two weekend bookings due to rain and just made some weekday daytrips. This year we've booked 2 nights on 3-4 April and hoping the rain stays away.
Yes, I remember that rain. Was there on a Sunday and it was pouring, but fortunately that wasn't for very long. The days after were beautiful. We'll see what happens :-).
If just one more night would open up in the next few weeks I would be even happier.

You are probably there at an even better time this year.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:58 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am currently at the hotel and, as I booked online, asked for the Y3000 dining coupon. The desk clerk said it was no longer on offer, that instead we would get a 10% discount at the restaurants, which of course isn't close to being as good.

However, she also said that the Y3000 coupon would return in April; i.e., sometime next month. If so, be sure to ask, it is a great deal!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.