Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by steveholt
Upgrade with Globalist status+FHR from a base room was to a junior suite, which is totally fine. Blue Duck service is consistently subpar, of course, but food is great.
Was able to get into a junior suite before with FHR base room + Explorist before.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:18 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Hi All,
Can anyone share what the bed comfort is like here?
I was planning to stay at Grand Hyatt but no suites can be confirmed for my dates so thought I would buy up here and pay the difference
Like the Grand Beds just trying to avoid firm mattress like the Park Hyatt New York etc The new mattress in the refreshed suites at Andaz 5th Avenue are excellent not too firm or soft just right
Thank you in advance
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Hi All,
Can anyone share what the bed comfort is like here?
I was planning to stay at Grand Hyatt but no suites can be confirmed for my dates so thought I would buy up here and pay the difference
Like the Grand Beds just trying to avoid firm mattress like the Park Hyatt New York etc The new mattress in the refreshed suites at Andaz 5th Avenue are excellent not too firm or soft just right
Thank you in advance
It's a firmer mattress.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by tearex
It's a firmer mattress.
Appreciate the helpful information ^
Sticking with the Grand
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound

Appreciate the helpful information ^
Sticking with the Grand
I believe the Park Hyatt’s have a mattress topper available upon request....
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by lighthouse206

I believe the Park Hyatt’s have a mattress topper available upon request....
Really good to know thank you a small number of Hyatt's do that ^
Old Sep 7, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Any recent breakfast experiences for Globalists? Looking at between the PH or GH
Old Sep 7, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by navatwal
Any recent breakfast experiences for Globalists? Looking at between the PH or GH
Not even close.

GH is club breakfast... club is small and can be overcrowded. I've never been offered the restaurant option before

PH is Michelin starred restaurant or option of room service for Globalists

I can only book PH when it falls to a range that's bookable for my company travel service, but when I do (in extreme off seasons like early January), it's a treat because of how good the breakfast benefit is
Biggie Fries and bhrubin like this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 10:22 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
There are very few GH that are close to, let alone better than, a PH.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 5:29 am

The PH Restaurant, the Blue Duck Tavern, does not have its "Michelin starred" staff working the breakfast shift.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 10:13 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by JetAway
The PH Restaurant, the Blue Duck Tavern, does not have its "Michelin starred" staff working the breakfast shift.
That is quite common for most Michelin level restaurants located in hotels. The Michelin dinner (and occasionally lunch) restaurant actually isn’t the same as the breakfast restaurant for most, even as they might occupy the same space. The same was true for the Prince de Galles Paris hotel when 1* La Scene was located there.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin

That is quite common for most Michelin level restaurants located in hotels. The Michelin dinner (and occasionally lunch) restaurant actually isn’t the same as the breakfast restaurant for most, even as they might occupy the same space. The same was true for the Prince de Galles Paris hotel when 1* La Scene was located there.
I simply mentioned that in case someone expected a Michelin starred Globalist Breakfast.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 2:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JetAway
I simply mentioned that in case someone expected a Michelin starred Globalist Breakfast.
Understood. That is not gonna happen. The only place I’ve really enjoyed a Michelin breakfast was at AOC in Los Angeles. It was amazing.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 6:24 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Is the PH Washington DC MUCH better than the Grand Hyatt? Going in November and was able to book both at a very similar rate.....except PH is in a junior suite. Grand Hyatt is an ordinary room. Just wondered if it is worth the extra $30 dollars/night and justifying the cost with work?
Old Sep 22, 2019, 6:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by frogss29
Is the PH Washington DC MUCH better than the Grand Hyatt? Going in November and was able to book both at a very similar rate.....except PH is in a junior suite. Grand Hyatt is an ordinary room. Just wondered if it is worth the extra $30 dollars/night and justifying the cost with work?
I think the biggest difference may be in the PH having 220 rooms vs the GH having almost 900. There can be a different ambience and sense of luxury to that size difference that may or may not matter to you. Choose accordingly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.