Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt and Verified Identity Pass Announce Partnership.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2006, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 3.01MM Hyatt Globalist (Lifetime) AA ExPlat (real), Lifetime UniClub (not from the 2MM).

Diamond members will get free Clear memberships (great news for those of us that go through MCO):

http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/about/pre...jsp?id=2690416

Hyatt will extend to its Gold Passport Diamond tier members the opportunity to receive a Clear membership on a complimentary basis. In addition, Hyatt plans to make the Clear membership available to other Hyatt guests through exclusive promotional offers later this year. As Clear rolls out to airports across the country in accordance with the U.S. Transportation Security Administration’s (TSA) national plans, Hyatt and Verified ID expect to arrange for Clearä enrollment stations to be set up in select Hyatt hotels as a further convenience for Hyatt guests.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 10:09 pm

^ ^ ^

$79.95 per year value. Can't complain about that. I sure hope they expand this "Clear" service to lots of other airports before our trial memberships run out.

Although I would assume most Hyatt Diamonds already have status on at least one airline, which helps cut security lines in itself. I know my UAL 1K status cuts the line by ~80% in most airports I go to, although my wait is definitely more than the 14 second wait that this program quotes.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 10:28 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
However, I assume not for non-US members

Step Two: In Person Enrollment
During Step Two: In Person Enrollment, a ClearSpace Attendant will verify your identification, capture an image of your iris and fingerprints, and take your photograph. To complete Step Two: In Person Enrollment, you will need:
Your Clear Account number
At least two forms of US Government-issued identification such as a driver's license and passport
Old Feb 23, 2006, 10:35 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I hope this is not costing Hyatt any money. (Perhaps Hyatt is getting money from "Verified ID" as they try to establish a customer base that is more likely to pay protection money from haraSSSSment over future years??? )

It will be interesting to read reports about the first pet who "clears" into Clear or hearing the first story about identity theft that is a consequence of enrollment in the program. I won't be enrolling, but I'm curious about the company and its processes.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 10:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Markie
However, I assume not for non-US members

Step Two: In Person Enrollment
During Step Two: In Person Enrollment, a ClearSpace Attendant will verify your identification, capture an image of your iris and fingerprints, and take your photograph. To complete Step Two: In Person Enrollment, you will need:
Your Clear Account number
At least two forms of US Government-issued identification such as a driver's license and passport
Library of Congress photo-ID can be one of the US Government-issued ID. You can get that if you happen to have some time in DC. I have to think of a second US Government ID that non-US persons can acquire.

Driver's licenses in the US are still not US Government-issued ID. So state ID has to work if driver's licenses are accepted.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 10:46 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Library of Congress photo-ID can be one of the US Government-issued ID. You can get that if you happen to have some time in DC. I have to think of a second US Government ID that non-US persons can acquire.

Driver's licenses in the US are still not US Government-issued ID. So state ID has to work if driver's licenses are accepted.
The list appears to be:

At least one of the photo ID's must be from this list. We strongly recommend that if you have an unexpired U.S. Passport, you use it as your primary form of identification. Please note, if you have a Florida driver's license that is expired but has a renewal sticker on the back, we encourage you to use an unexpired U.S. Passport or an unexpired U.S. Military card as your primary form of identification.

Unexpired U.S. Passport
Unexpired foreign passport, with I-551 stamp or attached INS Form I-94 indicating unexpired employment authorization.
Unexpired Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card with photograph (INS form I-151 or I551)
Unexpired U.S. Military card
Unexpired Driver's license or ID card issued by a state or outlying possession of the United States provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color and address.

The second form of ID may be one of the following:

Unexpired ID card issued by federal, state or local government agencies or entities, provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color and address.
Certificate of U.S. Citizenship (INS Form N-560 or N-561)
Certificate of naturalization (INS Form 550- or N-570)
Voter's registration card.
Military dependent's ID card.
U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card.
Native American tribal document
U.S. social security card issued by the social Security Administration (other than a card stating it is not valid for employment)
Certification of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State. (Form FS-545 or Form DS-1350)
Original or certified copy of a birth certificate issued by a state, county, municipal authority or outlying possession of the United States bearing an official seal.
U.S. Citizens ID Card (INS Form I-197)
ID Card for use of Resident Citizen in the United States (INS Form I-1)
Old Feb 23, 2006, 10:58 pm
Suspended

Thanks for the list.

Any reason why a US passport alone is not sufficient? Even in the case of fraudulent acquisition of passport, the "second form of ID" that is accepted would by itself or in conjunction with the US passport generally do little to nothing to "keep" someone from "clearing" into the program.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 8:31 am

Here is the TSA Fact sheet for the Registered Traveler Program.

http://www.tsa.gov/interweb/assetlibrary/Factsheet.pdf

I'm not giving up my data for $79.99 worth of value. You still have to go through the same security screening, but will not be "randomly selected" for secondary screening. I go through at least airport screenings a week and got the SSSS secondary screening maybe three times last year.

If you set off the medal detector, you will still be screened. The Fact Sheet also mentions that each airport will be able to implement the program differently.

I don't see much benefit so far.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 3.01MM Hyatt Globalist (Lifetime) AA ExPlat (real), Lifetime UniClub (not from the 2MM).
Originally Posted by Tummy
If you set off the medal detector, you will still be screened. The Fact Sheet also mentions that each airport will be able to implement the program differently.

I don't see much benefit so far.
You clearly do not fly out of MCO very often. :-)

They have no premium passenger line and it often can take 45 minutes to 1 hour to get through during peak times. Sometimes they will let you go ahead if your flight is within 30 minutes, sometimes they require an airline employee to pull you out of line, sometimes you are just out of luck. With Clear, there is never a line (way more gear than people) and so it will always save time (even if your screening takes just as long, you do not have to wait in line to get to be screened).

Based on their press release, I bet that part of what VIP is getting from Hyatt is space in their lobbies for stage 2 screening.

Having said that, I encourage you not to sign up as I want as few people in this program as possible to keep the lines as short as possible. :-)

/carmi
Old Feb 24, 2006, 12:44 pm

I've only flown from MCO on the last flights out to EWR around 8pm.

What would happen at airport with elite / premium lines? Would those get longer as CLEAR / RT passengers get to use those? Would the airline specific lines disappear and we get a government mandated RT line instead?

After reviewing several threads in the security forum, I would probably sign up. Registered Travelers get the same screening as today so they can increase screening in the future for non-RT.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 1:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by majortom
You clearly do not fly out of MCO very often. :-)

They have no premium passenger line and it often can take 45 minutes to 1 hour to get through during peak times. Sometimes they will let you go ahead if your flight is within 30 minutes, sometimes they require an airline employee to pull you out of line, sometimes you are just out of luck. With Clear, there is never a line (way more gear than people) and so it will always save time (even if your screening takes just as long, you do not have to wait in line to get to be screened).
Sounds like the situation at some airports in a third world country. RT/Clear sounds like a chance to try to reclaim a more normal life/travel experience after a "shake down".
Old Mar 1, 2006, 5:17 pm

Have had the clear pass for about 4 months now and can honestly say it is wonderful at MCO. The special line bypasses the masses and after you iris scan, you move to the fron of the metal detector. I have gone from security entrance to the gate in less than 3 minutes. Of course, I signed up and paid before the Hyatt promotion, but I will ask to have it extended. I was told that other airports will be using the system, but the only one I can remember was SJC.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 5:50 pm

I read in Conde Nast Traveler that Clear is supposed to roll out to about 30-40 major airports in mid-2006. Whether that happens or not is another story I guess.......but it sounds good/useful......
Old Apr 17, 2006, 2:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Any more info on how we actually sign up for this? I don't typically travel through MCO, but if it does roll out to more airports, it would be great to have.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 8:08 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Ok - how's this for excitement Just got an e-mail from GP on this. Doesn't seem very useful since only works in MCO right now - and have agreements in place at IND & SJC. Anyways, here's the text of the letter.

Apply for a Complimentary Clear™ Membership – and Speed Through
Airport Security

Through Hyatt Gold Passport's exclusive partnership with Clear, you are invited to enjoy a complimentary one-year Clear membership. Clear, the nation's leading registered traveler program, enables its members to receive expedited processing at airport security checkpoints. Now through December 31, 2006, enroll in Clear and you can receive one free year of membership.

Clear members enjoy the following benefits at the airport:
A stress-free, fast and consistent airport experience.
Exemption from automatic selectee screening.
Access to a designated Clear lane staffed by professional, courteous Clear attendants.
Extraordinary customer service.
Increased productivity-time is spent working, not waiting.
Fewer missed flights.
At Orlando International Airport today, with other airports soon.

Complete the Clear online enrollment form.

Submit your biometric data (fingerprint and iris images) by visiting a Clear enrollment station at a participating airport.

You may complete the enrollment form first and then have your biometrics taken when it is most convenient for you.
Once the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) approves your application, you will receive a special Clear membership card that allows you access to the designated Clear lanes at the airport's security checkpoints.
Your one-year membership will begin upon the date of TSA approval, which must be on or before December 31, 2006.

Clear is currently available at Orlando International Airport. The TSA has announced that a national rollout of the program is expected to begin on June 20, 2006. Clear has signed agreements to begin operations this summer at Indianapolis International Airport and San Jose International Airport, and plans for others by the end of 2006. As the national rollout begins, Hyatt plans to arrange for Clear enrollment stations to be set up in select Hyatt hotels as a further convenience for Hyatt guests.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.