Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Private Line

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2006, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Diamond Private Line

I don't know what I've stumbled upon, but today I called to make a change to a reservation and to try to get some FFNs extended (successfully, to the end of February, which was quite nice of them). As the call progressed, the Diamond line agent gave me his name and a different 800 number to call, which connects directly to him, he called it the "Diamond Private Line", which he said it was a new program they are rolling out for their top customers.

Does anybody know what this is about? I did drop about 50 large last year on Hyatt, so maybe I'm a "good customer".
Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:29 am

Maybe DTC can put in a good word for me and get me on that list.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 12:58 pm
pdb

This is not new

About 4 years ago I was given the direct telephone number and name of an agent with instructions to call her for any reservation, problem, etc. I did this a few times (and she was a wonderful person) but since I really never had anything so very special to ask, and since I have a tendency to call at all hours of the day/night, she obviously was not always there to take all my calls, so I decided to simply call the general Diamond line. Frankly, the level of service is uniformly excellent.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 12:11 am

Programs: Hyatt, United, Marriott
I've been given a direct line by a Diamond GP rep, but got the impression it was so we could follow up on a particular issue.

I'm of the opinion that the regular Diamond line is fine. I've found them to be very accomodating.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Well, I guess this is some kind of "official" program. Got a letter from the home office in Omaha (and not Letterman's) about this new service, called the "Personal Line Service". I need some FFN reservations for the GHHK, so I'll see from which side their bread is buttered...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.