Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Most Affordable Hyatt's FFN Last Days!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most Affordable Hyatt's FFN Last Days!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2005, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse

they love it.. 100% occupancy.. and no one there.. the perfect storm for a hotel
But no tips for staff!!!
Old Nov 30, 2005, 4:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
OTOH.. they don't have to do anything either..

Originally Posted by azepine00
But no tips for staff!!!
Old Nov 30, 2005, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
I actually did get my Fair Lakes stay straightened out. The hotel had asterisked the hyatt.com rate! I got immediate credit. The girl I spoke with this time was very nice. It was a complete 180 from last night's horrible experience. That woman acted bothered to even pick up the phone. This one took care of all my concerns without question.

I don't think talking about it in this thread brings attention to PS's. I think Hyatt is well aware and welcomes the extra business. I think they were testing the waters this time because rates, even on weekends, were much higher than the last period. Only on Labor Day and Thanksgiving could you score DTC for a sub-$60 rate. Most weekends it was $74. The cheapie rates in the ORD burbs also were all but absent. Hyatt wanted to test the waters to see if they could charge higher prices and still get people to stay. I'd say they succeeded.

The PS thing is to Hyatt's benefit. How much do you think revenue would drop (even during FFN) if they didn't allow it? Since the nearest Hyatt to me is 5 hours away, I know they'd lose a lot of my money. And is it cheating the system? I honestly don't think so. We're paying for the rooms as if we were showing up. The only difference between this and checking in at my Hampton Inn down the street is that with HH I actually have to put forth effort to go to the hotel. I'm not using a Hilton a mile from my home unless my place is being fumigated or something radical like that. This is the same principal, but Hyatt allows you the courtesy of checking in by phone. It helps both us and them.

Now, on the downside, I think the absence of another FFN in the near future can be atributed to the PS's at DTC to equal rooms at the posh Tokyo or Kauai properties. But other than a reduction in the number of promotions, Hyatt is perfectly content with what we're doing. If they weren't, they'd close the loophole. And if they ever do, their accountants will ask a big WHY!
Old Nov 30, 2005, 8:03 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Well I think that if they ever crack down on PS, it will be based on possible pressure from the ownership of the individual hotels (not Hyatt Corporation in most cases). While it is nice that they are getting extra revenue from these PS, the PS are definitely affecting ADR (average daily rates) and consequently RevPar (revenue per available room). At some point these lower numbers can affect the valuation of the hotel properties.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 9:02 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by peteropny
Well I think that if they ever crack down on PS, it will be based on possible pressure from the ownership of the individual hotels (not Hyatt Corporation in most cases). While it is nice that they are getting extra revenue from these PS, the PS are definitely affecting ADR (average daily rates) and consequently RevPar (revenue per available room). At some point these lower numbers can affect the valuation of the hotel properties.
The hotel owners with the PS guests are going to complain? PS increase the occupancy numbers, right? Doesn't higher occupancy generally equate with greater revenue (especially for rooms that would otherwise be unoccupied)?

Or is it the impact on incidental charges that hurts the hotel owners more than increased "occupancy-related" income helps?

Last edited by GUWonder; Nov 30, 2005 at 9:04 pm
Old Nov 30, 2005, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond
Last Chance

For those with an odd number of nights . .

Hyatt Albuquerque tonight (11/30) $99.00

Good Night
Old Dec 2, 2005, 5:08 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
OnePassLover, I've just PMed you.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 6:20 pm

For the record, I'm not as lucky as chicaloca453 and that means no stay credit for me. So I did another PS stay on 11/30 to top off my FFN credit. I really don't want to take any risk and pursue with either the hotel or GP since FFN is ending on 11/30.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 6:56 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
What I would suggest for PS:

24 hours after standard "check-out" (time), call the hotel and ask for the folio to be faxed to you.

That helps me know (sooner than later -- i.e., too late) that all is in order as I expected it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.