Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2017, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
We used it last year to get from the hotel to the cruise port. Arranged by the very kind and competent concierge staff. No complaints.
Do you know if they do airport pickups?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by TravelingAssociate
Do you know if they do airport pickups?
they do. But, we had no problem with cab from airport, paid with ATM cash.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 10:20 am

We were surprised to hear about the new minibar rule too, always thought that you get the benefits of a room regardless how it is paid for.
zzap likes this.

Last edited by sandra2; Jan 5, 2018 at 8:30 pm
Old Apr 22, 2018, 6:42 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: SLH Indulged, M&M, SPG, IHG Elite, Hyatt Member
Originally Posted by scented
I have been to PH Dubai 15+ times, read my recent update on the property here -- I think we agree the best times are well behind them.

Still love The Thai Kitchen.
I just finished my review of the PH Dubai of our stay in 2017 (better late than never) and your comment resonated with me: Thai Kitchen was fantastic, but rooms seemed old fashioned and service sub-par. Also breakfast gave no luxury feeling at all. That being said, it had many positive aspects like the quiet location near DXB and the high quality spa.

I wanna give them another shot next time we are on a return-flight from an Asia vacation (for this purpose, the PH is the best choice in my opinion). The renovations they did since our stay seemed to have really improved the rooms and some restaurants/bars from looking at the website.

Has anyone been to the updated PH Dubai?

See my review here on my blog (Park Hyatt Dubai - Continental Traveller). The Flyertalk review will follow soon.
Old May 7, 2018, 1:47 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: SLH Indulged, M&M, SPG, IHG Elite, Hyatt Member
Park Hyatt Dubai

Park Hyatt Dubai

Map| 4 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Park Hyatt Dubai

Dubai Creek Club St Dubai, AE 00000

Park Hyatt Dubai (10 Photos)

Park Hyatt Dubai

The luxury brand of the Hyatt corporation opened its first Dubai outstation already in 2005. Situated at the quiet Dubai creek with a marina and a golf course this Dubai hotel is different from the downtown options - but is it a viable one? The city is becoming the hotel capital of the world with seemingly more hotels than residential buildings, so the choice is not easy. Let's see how the Park Hyatt fares.

For a complete review (with more photos) you are welcome to read my blog as well: https://www.continentaltraveller.blog/home/2018/4/22/park-hyatt-dubai

IMG_5751.jpg

Room

We stayed three nights in early 2017. It seems since our stay they renovated the rooms - comparing my photos from those on their website they seem to have lightened the rooms with more use of white in the furnishings. I guess I like the new style more than the darker theme we had in 2017, but can't say for sure until I have seen it with my own eyes. Just keep that in mind when reading this review.

The standard King Skyline room is size-wise more than enough for a few days. And it comes with a wonderful terrace (or balcony) with a view of the distant skyline of the new Dubai with the Burj al Khalifa.

IMG_5764.jpg

In the, otherwise nice, bathroom we found black mold stains on the marble tiles. This in a five star (or actually any star) property is a no go. Especially in the size we have encountered in this shower, but see for yourself below.

IMG_5993.jpg

The rest of the bathroom was fine, I liked the free standing bath tub and those wooden blinds covering a big opening to the bedroom.

IMG_5997.jpg

Since we were on the ground floor we were free to step outside into the park, which was always kept neat and tidy.

IMG_5975.jpg

Spa

Pool was large and nicely set amongst palm trees. Service was good, but not attentive enough - I remember having to go to the pool bar to ask for stuff far too often (if I want that I can go to a public pool).

IMG_6009.jpg

The food and coffee have been very good, though. As has been the massage that I received in one of the beautiful massage rooms with outdoor shower. The overall quality of the spa area was really high and fulfilled my expectations of a five star hotel.

IMG_6011.jpg

Dining

Hyatt completely overhauled the restaurants and bars in the Park Hyatt Dubai since we visited. The Thai restaurant was apparently left unchanged, which I can understand, since it was perfect for its purpose. The "Thai Kitchen" was really really good and authentic with friendly and efficient service.  

IMG_6030.jpg

For drinks we went to what is today called the Brasserie du Park (in 2017 it was still called The Terrace) every night. It's directly by the water and marina, which was perfect and had the vibe of a yacht club. The updated style, as seen on the website, speaks even more clearly a maritime design language. The there mentioned NOÉPE seems to be directly next to the brasserie and I can't remember it existing in 2017. It looks great though.

We have also been regulars of the Shisha Lounge to enjoy a Moroccan mint tea together with a water pipe.

IMG_5946.jpg

The buffet breakfast on the other hand was not on par with my expectations. Too many people, service seemed to be overwhelmed by that and the whole atmosphere was more like a three star hotel with kids running around and food being replaced very slowly.

Overall

Good

• Beautiful compound with signature understated Park Hyatt luxury design
  • Quiet location surrounded by a golf course and the Dubai Creek, and yet close to DXB
  • Nice balcony or terrace rooms
  • Pool and spa of high quality with relaxed atmosphere
  • Restaurants and bars with good food and service, makes you want to stay longer
  • Yacht club lifestyle feeling (if you like that)

Bad

• Black stains in the shower - quality control needs to be more thorough
  • Buffet breakfast didn't feel luxurious - slow service, too loud, too many people
  • Service at the pool could have been more attentive
  • Location not ideal if visiting Dubai itself

I can recommend the Park Hyatt Dubai for a relaxed stay far away from the hustle and bustle. Due to its closeness to DXB airport it's ideal for an overnight stay when changing flights. Something that we like to do on the return flights from a longer vacation with Emirates. And for this purpose the Park Hyatt is also the best among the hotels near the airport, e.g. compared to the Le Meridien.

If you want to visit Dubai itself, I would recommend other hotels like the Palace Downtown next to the Burj Al Khalifa (stayed there recently, review will follow) or the Madinat Jumeirah by the beach (see review here). Also for point collectors of US-based chains there are more choices closer to main Dubai attractions.

IMG_6026.jpg

For a complete review (with more photos) you are welcome to read my blog as well: https://www.continentaltraveller.blog/home/2018/4/22/park-hyatt-dubai

Park Hyatt Dubai

Would you like to write a review on the Park Hyatt Dubai?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:30 pm

Does anyone have recent experience staying here during Ramadan? Are any of the restaurants on-property open/closed? Will we still be able to have breakfast or is it somewhat limited? Thanks.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:54 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
The hotel appears to have build a 'lagoon' aka beach and is now selling rooms that face it at a Premium.
scented and luvFclass like this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:26 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
This photo was uploaded to TA last week. It's an infinity pool with sand. I specifically asked for a Skyline and Creek view because I can imagine this would mean these 'Lagoon view' rooms would have external noise during the day.

scented likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:45 pm

Here's a better photo from their Instagram.

According to the comment below it they are now selling day passes.....

Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Sounds like it will become a daily zoo.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
I am looking forward to visiting their zoo in the middle of the "SUMMER". come May. I usually am upgraded to a Suite, but I guess I will stay away from the lagoon side of the resort this time.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:05 am

So the “lagoon” is very nicely done... except no one thoughtful to build changerooms or bathrooms!

I care down at 7am to an empty beach and sat in a cabana. They tried to charge me 500AED which I pushed back on as I was having a quick swim. They waived it as a “courtesy.”

Another issue is that you can’t judge the depth at all.

Overall, it’s quite pleasant and large as it wraps around the building.
scented likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
So the “lagoon” is very nicely done... except no one thoughtful to build changerooms or bathrooms!

I care down at 7am to an empty beach and sat in a cabana. They tried to charge me 500AED which I pushed back on as I was having a quick swim. They waived it as a “courtesy.”

Another issue is that you can’t judge the depth at all.

Overall, it’s quite pleasant and large as it wraps around the building.
Thank you, m0hamed, for the update on this! Is there a cover charge for hotel guests as well? Can't believe they would pull this off but know them, of course they do! Pretty obvious they are selling day passes... oh my!

How were service levels at the hotel this time around?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by scented
Thank you, m0hamed, for the update on this! Is there a cover charge for hotel guests as well? Can't believe they would pull this off but know them, of course they do! Pretty obvious they are selling day passes... oh my!

How were service levels at the hotel this time around?
No cover for the beach chairs, just the cabanas. I believe it was 500AED to reserve the cabana with a 300AED credit for F&B.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:08 pm

I'm looking to book a few nights at the PH Dubai. I wasn't expecting the fees and taxes to be so high. Is the service charge considered a resort fee? Just wondering if we will get refunded for the service charge + the VAT on the service charge as a globalist or if the service charge is something different from the resort fee and we have to pay this regardless. Do these fees sound correct? This is for a 4 night stay that is non-refundable. Thanks in advance.

Each night is $160.97 USD before tax.

Service Charge $64.39 USD
Municipality Fee $45.07 USD
Vat On Svc Chg $3.22 USD
Vat 5 Percent $32.19 USD
Tourism Dirham $21.80 USD

Last edited by cruisingmickey; Feb 19, 2019 at 9:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.