Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2022, 12:19 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Wondering if I should cancel 2 nights in May.
We enjoyed our stay in 2016, but it wasn't as nice as the night we had at PH Abu Dhabi.
If noise is a problem, wondering if I should bother. Currently booked into exec suite using cash + points upgrade.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 12:20 am

Lagoon Suites have been available for some time (I believe perhaps around the same time as the other Lagoon rooms coming online).

The Lagoon rooms and suites have always been inexplicably more than 2x the cost of the standard rooms and Terrace Suites (which I'm sure it used to be prior to the lagoon beach) respectively. I'm sure some people are very much drawn to this location and willing to pay the extra, although I personally want to be very much away from all of this.
Originally Posted by joecool1885
Wondering if I should cancel 2 nights in May.
We enjoyed our stay in 2016, but it wasn't as nice as the night we had at PH Abu Dhabi.
If noise is a problem, wondering if I should bother. Currently booked into exec suite using cash + points upgrade.
I still think the hotel is fundamentally solid, as long as you're not paying too much. If you ask for a room in buildings 3 or 4, you shouldn't have issues with noise.
scented likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by stargold
Lagoon Suites have been available for some time (I believe perhaps around the same time as the other Lagoon rooms coming online).

The Lagoon rooms and suites have always been inexplicably more than 2x the cost of the standard rooms and Terrace Suites (which I'm sure it used to be prior to the lagoon beach) respectively. I'm sure some people are very much drawn to this location and willing to pay the extra, although I personally want to be very much away from all of this.

I still think the hotel is fundamentally solid, as long as you're not paying too much. If you ask for a room in buildings 3 or 4, you shouldn't have issues with noise.
yes you are right, buildings 3 and 4 are fine except on Friday and Saturday when you have music from the yacht club until 2am.

they freshened up the lagoon rooms and those have new loungers as well.

Last edited by christine; Feb 21, 2022 at 9:46 am
Old May 6, 2022, 4:46 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Currently here for a 2 night stay. Last visit was in 2016. Fresh fruit platter, welcome back letter with dates and baklava. Improved restaurant selection IIRC. Breakfast buffet much improved. Seems busier... maybe because of season, maybe because of Covid rebound travel.

Booked into park exec suite via points upgrade option, no further upgrade (only one available was Presidential, so no expectation).

Already want to come back. 2 days is too short in Dubai to begin with. (We had 2 days last time as well, and are doing this atop 5 nights we just finished at Al Maha).
rajanh3 likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 11:14 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I just spent 2 differnt nights here on the Hyatt Prive rate. Included was a bottle of white wine, breakfast and $100 credit. I also stayed at the Andaz on Hyatt Privee and felt the PH was a actually better value.

The room was upgraded to a Lagoon View both ties (from basic one) and I was treated like a returning princess. I really loved my stay here - the pools were awesome. The only thing that I was disappointed with is the toiletries have been downgraded from Le Labo to Pharmacopia - I was gutted!

aks120
joecool1885 likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by aks120
I just spent 2 differnt nights here on the Hyatt Prive rate. Included was a bottle of white wine, breakfast and $100 credit. I also stayed at the Andaz on Hyatt Privee and felt the PH was a actually better value.

The room was upgraded to a Lagoon View both ties (from basic one) and I was treated like a returning princess. I really loved my stay here - the pools were awesome. The only thing that I was disappointed with is the toiletries have been downgraded from Le Labo to Pharmacopia - I was gutted!

aks120
That's odd because the brand standard is Le Labo and Hyatt has pushed for continuity among all PHs.
Old May 19, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by Aventine
That's odd because the brand standard is Le Labo and Hyatt has pushed for continuity among all PHs.
Supply Chain issues I would guess… I had those brand-deviations at 2-3 Hyatts in the last 12 months and it was always due to a shortage and supplier issues.
Old May 19, 2022, 2:35 pm

Has anyone heard about their renovation? Is it moving forward / in progress? With the world opening up again, I haven't been to Dubai the last couple months -- would be great to know if there's an update on this topic.
Old May 21, 2022, 1:24 am
hsk

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
downgraded from Le Labo to Pharmacopia - I was gutted!
Both licensed/supplied by hunter amenities - not much difference
Old May 21, 2022, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hsk
Both licensed/supplied by hunter amenities - not much difference
True but one belongs in a PH and one belongs in Regencies.
Old May 21, 2022, 4:58 am

aks120

fwiw, same happened during my stay a few months ago. inquired with housekeeping and they offered a handful from their ‘hidden stash’ of le labos lol
Old May 21, 2022, 6:30 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by jchu7
fwiw, same happened during my stay a few months ago. inquired with housekeeping and they offered a handful from their ‘hidden stash’ of le labos lol
Damn thought about doing that but didnt!

aks120
Old Jul 6, 2022, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by scented
Has anyone heard about their renovation? Is it moving forward / in progress? With the world opening up again, I haven't been to Dubai the last couple months -- would be great to know if there's an update on this topic.
Bumping this to see if anyone has seen evidence of the first phase of the renovations? If so, are the rooms significantly different?
I have my first stay there coming up in a month or so, and even though I was worried about the rooms feeling dated, I'm buoyed by the consistently positive reviews! Thx in advance!
Old Jul 11, 2022, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by MDtravels
Bumping this to see if anyone has seen evidence of the first phase of the renovations? If so, are the rooms significantly different?
I have my first stay there coming up in a month or so, and even though I was worried about the rooms feeling dated, I'm buoyed by the consistently positive reviews! Thx in advance!
From what I gather, the rooms renovation is on hold... which is quite odd, given they went all in and had so much press coverage and even put pictures of the new rooms in the lobby... nothing has been done to the rooms. Instead, they are building another lagoon - called family lagoon - near blocks 3 and 4.

Frankly I have no idea what's going on but seems ownership had a change of mind?

Hopefully the renovation of the rooms will go ahead at some point... given how much was written about it, this is embarrassing.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 12:47 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (DM), Hilton Honors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Does anyone know if this hotel honors globalist late checkout? I've heard resort properties sometimes do not. I'm in Dubai for 3 days next month but my flight home departs after midnight. If not, I wonder if they would offer a day room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.