Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Century Plaza Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - CLOSING 3/1/16

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Century Plaza Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - CLOSING 3/1/16

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Read a news article that this will be a Fairmont. I thought maybe it would be a Park Hyatt. It won't.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:40 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by stvr
Read a news article that this will be a Fairmont. I thought maybe it would be a Park Hyatt. It won't.
Indeed it is.It was announced some time ago
I didn't report on it as I didn't want to turn this into a Fairmont hotel thread
There is certainly a proper thread for that
LA is looking sad without a proper Hyatt luxury property these days
Though some may like Andaz West Hollywood
The Waldorf Astoria is coming with its flashy glass balconies and the The former Park Hyatt lives on as the InterContinental
and the new InterContinental Downtown should be a nice property in the months ahead
Accor has some superb properties in their portfolio now but as most know their loyalty program is pitiful

http://hotelexecutive.com/newswire/5...ry-plaza-hotel
Old Jan 24, 2017, 5:12 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Indeed it is.It was announced some time ago
I didn't report on it as I didn't want to turn this into a Fairmont hotel thread
There is certainly a proper thread for that
LA is looking sad without a proper Hyatt luxury property these days
Though some may like Andaz West Hollywood
The Waldorf Astoria is coming with its flashy glass balconies and the The former Park Hyatt lives on as the InterContinental
and the new InterContinental Downtown should be a nice property in the months ahead
Accor has some superb properties in their portfolio now but as most know their loyalty program is pitiful

http://hotelexecutive.com/newswire/5...ry-plaza-hotel
It truly is pathetic. Marriott has 4 properties just in in DTLA. If you include Starwood, you have 2 more to choose from. You have more properties in that small area than what Hyatt has in LA!.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Did any other Angelinos get this flyer supporting Paul Koretz's reelection to City Council and notice the middle photo in the bottom row?

Sad and hilarious at the same time.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 28, 2017, 9:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by 77W_12A
It truly is pathetic. Marriott has 4 properties just in in DTLA. If you include Starwood, you have 2 more to choose from. You have more properties in that small area than what Hyatt has in LA!.
And they want to triple the number of required stays to remain top tier!
Old Aug 28, 2017, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by JackE
And they want to triple the number of required stays to remain top tier!
After my recent underwhelming stay at Andaz WeHo West Hollywood, I'm more reluctant to pursue Globalist requalification, especially since I have Los Angeles LA business travel. Century Plaza Hyatt was walking distance to my office in Century City, and I enjoyed this property when it was in the Hyatt portfolio. I'm disappointed to be forced to leave the Hyatt family because they're just not making it easy to stay loyal; fewer (quality / convenient) properties does not justify the increased 60 nights requalification.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.