Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best and Worst Hyatt Staffs?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2005, 12:18 pm

Best: PH Tokyo, Stanhope (before it rested in peace).
Worst: Occasionally GH San Francisco, Coconut Point.

Hit or miss at Coconut Point. I stray from there. Way too many issues with incomptency (harsh, yes, but repeated requests - to various departments on a continuous level consistently not being acknowledged for some bewildered reason = not acceptable). Apparently this, and attitude are the only requirements to work there. Staff really does need a makeover here, or atleast some training in that Hyatt Touch and being able to acknowledge guests. I prefer just about any other FL property. Cheers

loom
Old Aug 7, 2005, 8:18 am

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by peteropny

Worst of the "Upscale" Properties - Park Chicago - can't seem to do the simplest things correctly.
Agreed on this. Facilities, art and rooms are great. Service is not so great, considering the market the hotel aims for - and on really basic stuff like bringing faxes and documents up to the room, concierge, etc. Disappointing. The Peninsula is better.

Best service - the Japanese properties obviously do well, but I wonder if that's because of the general high caliber of Japanese service. In any event, I would chip in for the Club service at the GHT, but that's not really representative.
Old Aug 7, 2005, 4:24 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Among Park Hyatts, best (for me, it's pretty darn obvious), PH Tokyo.

Worst, PH Melbourne -- I must be the biggest fool in the world because every two years or so I try it again, believing it really couldn't have service consistently that bad, and every time, something truly awful happens, mixed in with lots of lesser problems.
Old Aug 7, 2005, 7:57 pm
tgw

The two that come to mind for me are...

Great service in Austin, TX.

Poor service in Atlanta, GA (Peachtree St.)
Old Aug 8, 2005, 5:03 pm
Original Member

Worst: Easily the Beaver Creek resort.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 6:44 pm

One of the best staff:

Hyatt Regency Cleveland at the Arcade

They truly make you feel like you are the most important guest. My coworker, a diehard Marriott Plat (200+ nt/yr), was truly shocked at the night and day difference between his preferred hotel. Trainees whom I have never met, even know my name when I meet them for the first time.

Worst Staff:

None that I can remember. The overall goodness of the GP program outweigh my memory of the rare bad Hyatt experiences.

-------

While not bad, I was not too impressed with the PH Tokyo staff after all the glowing reviews. It probably didn't help that I am youngish and south-east asian. They are polite, but didn't make us feel welcome. This was in vast contrast to the welcome at the Tokyo Disney Sheraton. I know these two locations are not really comparable.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 6:39 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Worst: That's easy because this is consistently provided by the PH Melbourne, Australia. No questions asked. Just stayed there again a couple of weeks ago and the service was as bad as previously and they still treat you like the worst 2 Star motel!

PS: If only their rooms wouldn't be so nice, I wouldn't stay there again!

Best: Probably my vote goes to the PH San Francisco. Consistently nice service and pleasant stays.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 1:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Southwest Airlines Companion Pass, Hilton Diamond
Best By Far: Park Hyatt Washington DC (already sorry they are closed for renovation)

Worst by Far: Hyatt Regency New Orleans --totally incompetent check-in staff and never an upgrade for Diamond members
Old Aug 20, 2005, 7:50 pm

Programs: United MM
Best: None stands out ... Century Tokyo, GH BKK, GH HKG and GH TPE are all good.

Worst: Grand Hyatt Singapore (awesome rooms in the deluxe wing, shame about the staff)
Old Aug 21, 2005, 9:35 am

Programs: UA2mm,HGPdiamond, AAExPlat, MarriottGold
Best: RC Staff at the Hyatt Waikiki, also PH Tokyo and years ago, PH Sydney.
Worst: Hyatt SFO (can't get their act together)
Old Aug 21, 2005, 11:42 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Tummy
One of the best staff:

Hyatt Regency Cleveland at the Arcade

They truly make you feel like you are the most important guest. My coworker, a diehard Marriott Plat (200+ nt/yr), was truly shocked at the night and day difference between his preferred hotel. Trainees whom I have never met, even know my name when I meet them for the first time.
I'll second that. Stayed on a dirt cheap priceline rate, got a great room, great service, and the building itself is awesome. ^
Old Aug 21, 2005, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BEST:PARK HYATT TOKYO- fantastic!
WORST: HYATT REGENCY PRINCETON NEW JERSEY- I wouldn't even send my enemies to this place....
Old Aug 21, 2005, 3:16 pm
MGR

Programs: CO Gold, AA PLT, HYATT PLT
Best Staff?

Best in my opinion worldwide: Park Hyatt Milan

Worst: Park Hyatt Melbourne (obnoxious and always some kind of problem), Park Hyatt Sydney (both arrogant and obnoxious)
Old Aug 21, 2005, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA 1P; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by tgw
The two that come to mind for me are...

Great service in Austin, TX.

Poor service in Atlanta, GA (Peachtree St.)
Poor service in Atlanta, GA (Peachtree St.): Could not agree more
Old Aug 22, 2005, 10:27 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
BEWARE - No more attacks on other posters

The topic was wondering off subject and I have deleted some offending threads. Next time timeouts for all involved.

Please return to discussion about Hyatt, not other posters.

Markie - Moderator, Hyatt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.