Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Santiago - No Diamond Upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2005, 2:43 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL

I checked in last night at the Hyatt Santiago, Chile and was not given a Regency Club Room. I checked the internet and there were RC rooms for sale.

The explanation from the front desk was that the clerk made an error and did not realise that I was Diamond. Odd then that my amenity - a bottle of red wine - was already in the room when I arrived, with a card with my name on. No breakfast coupons offered either.

No further explanation offered.

This has always been a good hotel for me - helpful and was my first stay last year after the rule change and they upgraded on all my stays.

Seems that this has changed, I am waiting for the day manager to get in to see if I can get more information.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 3:14 am

When I was there a couple of years ago they said they did not know I was Diamond either.
I showed them the card and after much discussion I was give a regency club room on regency floor.
They said that diamond was not showing in my booking which was not true as I had a copy of the reservation.
once in there it is a great hotel I really love the step down to the lounge area.
very comfortable.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 4:08 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
I stayed there twice in January. It was a good hotel, but both times they did not have an RC upgrade, nor did they offer me breakfast. When I pressed them for breakfast coupons, they called someone and eventually got me access to the RC. However, I never received an amenity either time.

I saw the screen view of my room profile in their system at the RC and it definitely said Diamond on it. I also saw a comment on the screen that they had given me RC access, which I assume was added afterwards.

I was a little annoyed at the lack of amenity, but was happy to have RC the access that they did not have to give me.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 9:19 am
Original Poster

I went and talked with the Duty Manager this morning.

He apologised and explained that the reason was that they had a large group booking in, in two days time and had held a lot of RC rooms for them to make sure that they got them.

As I am returning on Tuesday I asked if that meant that I should go to the Intercontinental? He promised that I would be OK for Tuesday and that he would personally check to make sure.

On checking out I found that a member of staff behind the desk remembered me from when she worked in RC. She also apologised.

They also told me that there was a problem with the web site as it should not have been selling RC rooms!

Not sure what really happened but will wait until Tuesday for the next installment.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 9:57 am

How many times do we have to hear that it was a mistake in the system and that the RC floor is sold out. Its only sold out when its for a diamond up grade at some hotels. If your a paying RC guest they will take the $$ and find you a room.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by bbbb
How many times do we have to hear that it was a mistake in the system and that the RC floor is sold out. Its only sold out when its for a diamond up grade at some hotels. If your a paying RC guest they will take the $$ and find you a room.
I'd have to agree with this thought. I'm sure if you booked it as a paid stay on hyatt.com they wouldn't have said, "Oh, that RC rate shouldn't have been in the system, sorry it was a mistake". But its nice to see that they are accomodating you and everything is being worked out.

Last edited by gregorygrady; Jun 5, 2005 at 3:59 pm
Old Jun 5, 2005, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Markie
They also told me that there was a problem with the web site as it should not have been selling RC rooms!
I've heard that line so many times, and it gets really frustrating to get that line so often. Unfortunately this is not unique to one property or one chain; it's an industry-wide problem.

I had this issue of "we're sold out" and the "computer is not up-to-date" excuse given to me at the Hilton Buenos Aires a few years ago. It doesn't happen anymore to me there thankfully.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 5, 2005 at 3:52 pm
Old Jun 6, 2005, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Upon checking my reservation today I find that they have booked me in to Regency Club room at the rate I was paying.

I think the Night Manager decided that this was better than having the same mistake occur twice.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:19 am

I have a FFN stay coming up at the Hyatt Santiago. Based on the experiences noted, it appears that I should expect problems getting upgraded to a RC room even if one is available as a <>.

Could someone PM me the name of one of the powers that be at the property, so I can ping the person in case of trouble(s).
Old Apr 10, 2006, 1:19 pm
Community Director Emerita

What has recent experience been as to getting your RC upgrades as a Diamond?
Old Aug 11, 2006, 7:11 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I am at the Hyatt Santiago right now. I have absolutely no status with Hyatt anymore yet I was given a welcome amenity anyway. I believe they do this for all guests. The welcome amenity was a fairly good bottle of Chilean cabernet.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 5:56 pm
Community Director Emerita

What is the best way to get to the hotel from the airport?
Old Nov 15, 2006, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

I use one of the car services which operate in the baggage hall. You pay them, you get a voucher and then pass through Customs and go to their desk in the arrivals area. This means that the dozens of guys trying to get you business outside lose interest pretty quickly.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 5:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, Starwood Plat
Do you remember how much it costs to get to the hotel this way? Thanks.
Originally Posted by Markie
I use one of the car services which operate in the baggage hall. You pay them, you get a voucher and then pass through Customs and go to their desk in the arrivals area. This means that the dozens of guys trying to get you business outside lose interest pretty quickly.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by William2005
Do you remember how much it costs to get to the hotel this way? Thanks.
Sorry, but I don't - it was two years ago!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.