Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2010, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA, WN, Hyatt, Club Carlson, HHonors, MRewards, CET, M Life
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
No shuttle between any of the Hyatts in and around Seoul. There is a shuttle from Incheon airport to the airport HR, of course.

From the PH, the cheapest way is to get them to take you to the City air terminal (a few blocks away), which they do for free if you reserve in advance. Then take the bus from there to Incheon for W13,000 or so.
Thanks Richard! So other than using a cab, we'll take the hotel shuttle to bus to hotel shuttle then.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
This hotel has 3 different award levels on the award chart - Standard room (15k), Regency Club (18k), and Suite Award (22k).

As a Diamond (who, I understand, are always upgraded from Park King to Park Deluxe King), what would you get for the Regency Club redemption since they don't have a Regency Club? Would you be placed in a Park Suite King?

If so, what type of room are Suite redemptions placed in as a Diamond? Park Suite King or Diplomatic Suite? I would imagine that diamonds on suite redemptions are placed Park Suite King, but the uncertainty regarding a Regency Club redemption makes me wonder.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by SEAUAKID
This hotel has 3 different award levels on the award chart - Standard room (15k), Regency Club (18k), and Suite Award (22k).

As a Diamond (who, I understand, are always upgraded from Park King to Park Deluxe King), what would you get for the Regency Club redemption since they don't have a Regency Club? Would you be placed in a Park Suite King?
This is probably a mistake on the award chart, since the property has no club rooms. PH Seoul has recently been made a category five property, so a standard Park Room should now be 18,000 points per night.

The suite award will surely be for the standard "Park Suite King." I don`t know of any Hyatt that offers its higher suite categories for suite awards, although it is possible that you could be upgraded to a higher suite category if you are lucky.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:55 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Explorist, SPG gold
PH Seoul is still cat 4. Since there are no regency clubs, I believe you will not be able to book a regency club room using points.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 12:00 am

Spa facility charge?

Was reading a review on Tripadvisor and saw a post saying that PH Seoul charges for the use of their spa facility. The post was from 2008 so was wondering if this is still the case? Trying to decide between the GH and PH, and see that most of the people prefer the PH. Was wondering how these 2 compare in regards to activities within the hotel (spa, swimming pool, food...). Thanks
Old Jun 21, 2010, 5:18 am

That`s good to know that it`s still a category four, sorry for the misinformation.

The PH is the newer property with the nicest rooms and more personalized "Park Hyatt" level of service. The small indoor swimming pool is quite nice and has views of the city. It is located on the top (lobby floor) of the hotel.

If you are interested in activities within the hotel the GH may be better for you, since it has an outdoor swimming pool, tennis courts, and more restaurants than the PH does. Several Korean friends of mine consider the GH to have the better/more beautiful location for leisure travel. I have not stayed at the GH yet, but look forward to trying it the next time I am in Seoul.

The PH does in fact charge for entry to the spa. It is not waived for Diamonds, but as I recall it is a modest charge.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

The PH is the newer property with the nicest rooms and more personalized "Park Hyatt" level of service. The small indoor swimming pool is quite nice and has views of the city. It is located on the top (lobby floor) of the hotel.

If you are interested in activities within the hotel the GH may be better for you, since it has an outdoor swimming pool, tennis courts, and more restaurants than the PH does. Several Korean friends of mine consider the GH to have the better/more beautiful location for leisure travel. I have not stayed at the GH yet, but look forward to trying it the next time I am in Seoul.

The PH does in fact charge for entry to the spa. It is not waived for Diamonds, but as I recall it is a modest charge.
I think I'll try the PH since it obviously has better reviews that the GH. But will keep the GH for future plans. Thanks Mike.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA IK, HGP Diamond, AA, KF, Hhonnors Gold, Carlson Gold, PC Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
That`s good to know that it`s still a category four, sorry for the misinformation.

Hi Mike,
PH Seoul confirmed me through email that there is no charge to use sauna, swimming pool or fitness center. Do you know if the Spa is located outside the above facilities? I remember that PH Tokyo waived the Spa entry for Diamond.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 8:13 pm

Programs: AC-E, SPG-Plat, GP-P, HH-G
Originally Posted by jowo
Hi Mike,
PH Seoul confirmed me through email that there is no charge to use sauna, swimming pool or fitness center. Do you know if the Spa is located outside the above facilities? I remember that PH Tokyo waived the Spa entry for Diamond.
IIRC, the pool is located right next to the fitness area on the top floor and the sauna is located a floor below, with a special stairway to access the spa from the gym/pool area. while the pool is rather small, it is still quite nice and the gym (again - a little small), is quite well equipped and well maintained.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by jowo
Hi Mike,
I think the charge I remember was for use of the locker room and for a rental bathing suit. It has been almost a year since my last stay, so I do not remember the exact details. I do remember that they made an exception and waived whatever the charge was because I purchased Aesop merchandise from the spa.

As I recall the policy is similar to PH Tokyo`s. Guests can use the swimming pool and fitness center free of charge, but access to the locker room and spa facilities is charged. Unlike at the PHT, this charge was not waived for Diamonds at the time of my last stay. Fortunately, as I recall it was a modest charge compared to what the PHT charges non Diamonds.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 10:29 pm

Just finished my stay at the PHS. No charge for the use of fitness center/spa/swimming pool. However, no children 16 and under can use any of the facilities. Got a great room on the 16th floor with amazing views of the COEX.

Great breakfast. They originally told me only 2 people could eat for free, but no charge showed up for the extra person. I guess they utlimately found out that breakfast should be included for all registered guests in the room. The service here was amazing.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had an awesome stay at this hotel a couple of weeks ago. I loved the facilities, but more importantly, the service was truly top notch. I'd return in a heartbeat. I wrote a review with pictures here.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 8:55 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
No shuttle between any of the Hyatts in and around Seoul. There is a shuttle from Incheon airport to the airport HR, of course.

From the PH, the cheapest way is to get them to take you to the City air terminal (a few blocks away), which they do for free if you reserve in advance. Then take the bus from there to Incheon for W13,000 or so.
Regarding the bus.

1) Does anyone know the bus number(s) between ICN and the City Air Terminal?

2) Can I walk from the City Air Terminal to the PH?
Old Jul 27, 2010, 9:16 am

Programs: AC-E, SPG-Plat, GP-P, HH-G
Originally Posted by chichow
Regarding the bus.

1) Does anyone know the bus number(s) between ICN and the City Air Terminal?

2) Can I walk from the City Air Terminal to the PH?
I cannot recall if there is a bus number from ICN to the City Air Terminal. But I am pretty certain they are special buses where you purchase tickets in advance and catch at designated stops at the airport -- and it is all express. As well, you can take the KAL Limo bus to the Intercontinental and ask to be dropped off at the intersection of the Intercontinental and the PH (though you will have to cross the street using the underground).

You can walk from the Air terminal to the PH. In fact, you can do this all underground. I suspect it will take about 15 minutes - if you know the route as you will be going through the COEX mall and through the subway underground as well.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
If dropped at the IC using that bus make sure it's the Grand and not the COEX. There are two airport bus operators one of which goes into the terminal at the COEX center, the other just drops off on the street at selected hotels. The walk from the bus terminal is doable, again follow the signs to the IC Grand through the mall, then signs to the subway/metro entrance which will lead you across the street and to an elevator that will get you to the front of the PH.

For your return, reception will sell you a bus ticket and arrange for one of their cars to take you to the terminal. The hotel will put the bus charge onto your account so you can pay for it with a credit card though you won't earn points. At the bus terminal they don't take credit cards, only cash.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.