Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Did anyone has experience in using the 1000 pt cert when dining at Hyatt ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2005, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I have the cert that you can earn 1000 pt to have lunch or dinner at a Hyatt but do not have to be a guest at the hotel. I wonder anyone here has any experience with that ?

I vaguely remember in the past people reported either the hotel restaurant(s) did not know what to do with the cert, or the points did not get post, one way or the other.

Appreciate any inputs.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
I have the cert that you can earn 1000 pt to have lunch or dinner at a Hyatt but do not have to be a guest at the hotel. I wonder anyone here has any experience with that ?

I vaguely remember in the past people reported either the hotel restaurant(s) did not know what to do with the cert, or the points did not get post, one way or the other.

Appreciate any inputs.
I've always used this cert at the Grand Hyatt in Hong Kong or Hyatt Regency in Hong Kong, and have experienced no problems whatsoever with the waiters.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 6:36 pm

I (as well as a couple others) reported we had trouble getting the 1,000 bonus miles for dining in Asia. It was a fall 2004 promo via HBC bank or something like that. It was completely different than the new 1,000 mile certs that I believe Hyatt just sent all GP members. I seriously doubt anybody should have trouble redeeming the certs for this new promo since so many people have the certs..................
Old Mar 29, 2005, 6:41 pm
Community Director Emerita

I've used certs twice at the La Jolla Hyatt. My points have posted with no intervention required on my part.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 7:22 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
I've been using the certs at PH Sydney for the last few years and the points never ever posted automatically. I always had to call up GP fax them the invoice of the restaurant bill and get them to add the points manually. It's a real pain. Just used another cert at PH Canberra on the weekend and will see whether they do a better job.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 10:34 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Used mine at the GH Singapore (while not staying there) and the GH Bangkok. Both were accepted by the waiters who seemed to know what it was about. Both times, points did not post automatically - I called GP after about 2 months and the CSR added them manually without my having to send any proof of the restaurant bill.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 1:13 am

Appreciate any inputs.
Mine post half the time, if that. However, CS is pretty good at making good on them.

Really, this should be automatic. You should simply get the points the next time you dine, after qualifying for the cert.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by agrater
Mine post half the time, if that. However, CS is pretty good at making good on them.

Really, this should be automatic. You should simply get the points the next time you dine, after qualifying for the cert.
I am not sure about "after qualifying for the cert" - the cert does not say any qualifying - simply dine and present the cert, and you should get 1000 pt.
That is the understanding I get after re-read the terms and conditions.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 8:59 pm

I am not sure about "after qualifying for the cert" - the cert does not say any qualifying - simply dine and present the cert, and you should get 1000 pt.
That is the understanding I get after re-read the terms and conditions.
I did mean that you qualify by dining.

The terms are clear. The problem is that Hyatt properties often do not fulfill their obligation of those terms.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by agrater
I did mean that you qualify by dining.

The terms are clear. The problem is that Hyatt properties often do not fulfill their obligation of those terms.

Speaking of terms: according to T&C only one cert may be redeemed per member and only one bonus may be awarded per account.
Is it enforced? Is it possible to get two certs redeemed during the same stay (well technically stays are not required)?
The same restriction appears on spa treatment bonus and weekend getaway bonus.
Has anyone had problems redeeming multiple certs of the same kind?
Old Apr 1, 2005, 9:09 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, United Premier
I have used the 1000 points dining certificate numerous times over the last few years, all at US properties, sometimes during a stay and sometimes without a stay. The 1000 points has NEVER posted without me calling and following up. I now place a marker on my calendar for eight weeks later to call GP about the missing points. I just used one last evening at the Founders Room at the Park Hyatt Philadelphia (a fabulous resturant, imho)...will be interesting to see if those bonus points post, since I am now diamond. I have used the certificate at the Founders Room before...with no luck...had to call.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 9:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Elevate, AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
I have presented the 1000 pt. cert when dining at the Park Hyatt Los Angeles on a couple of occasions. The points posted both times, but it did take 6-8 weeks on both occasions.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 10:38 pm

I used it in washington dc and saw if post pretty fast, but don't remember how fast
Old Apr 24, 2005, 3:45 pm

Mine have never posted in Singapore Adelaide or Sydney.

Also the ones one gets with the Plat and Diamond cards can only be used once on one account so If you do get some from friends you may as well not put your number as they will deny you the points.Well at least they did me last year
Old Apr 24, 2005, 3:46 pm

dup

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.