Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hangzhou REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Hangzhou REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
My experience this April is pretty much what SanDiego1k said.

I am a Coke Light drinker. Lounge only stock Pepsi products but I found Coke Light in the room's mini bar. I inquired with the waitress in the lounge and she told me Pepsi is all they have. No problem, I am used to carry my own diet Coke staying in Hyatt properties. When I go there for the evening cocktail, she told me they will stock Coke Light in the back room for me.

Excellent service and a great location to unwind. We were working in Shanghai and I took the D train back here to spend the weekend. There are two train stations in Hangzhou, make sure you check which one is closer to the hotel. Hotel was sold out, but I was still able to get a lake view room. This is a very popular destination for Chinese. Going to West Lake for them is like going to Grand Canyon here. I am looking for excuses to get back there later this month.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 8:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Hyatt Regency Hangzhou REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

I would also like to comment that I've had some great service experiences at this hotel. The management team has taken care of any issues (there hasn't been many) I've had quickly and satisfactorily.

Rooms feel dated, but the location is great if you want to walk around West Lake.
Old May 4, 2016, 7:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
[update] - now that I'm here, it's not open yet. Didn't say when.

Any idea when the lounge will reopen? It says "Regency Club Lounge is currently undergoing renovation until Spring 2016."

Last edited by italdesign; May 6, 2016 at 10:42 am
Old Aug 4, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
As I sit at home now sipping on the Dragonwell (Longjing) tea from this hotel, I can say it's the best Longjing tea I've ever had. IIRC they provided 4-5 loose leaf tea pouches of Dragonwell daily (plus same # of Tieguanyin and English breakfast tea). I'm almost attempted to register another unnecessary DSU stay just for the tea (not sure if regular room gets it). The intoxicatingly rich aroma when a pouch is first opened, is to die for.

Good stuff.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Wow...great Hyatt. First of all, the location on the lake is amazing!

Second, the Diamond treatment and attention of the staff, from the General Manager to everyone else, is outstanding!

BTW, this property is in the process to upgrading to a Grand Hyatt (approx 12 months), although I have to say the food in the interim club lounge area in the is superb.

Also, I highly recommend dining in the hotel's award winning restaurant. I am told many of the Hyatt's area recipes come from this hotel/chef.

I wish we could have stayed longer.

Cudos!
Old Oct 18, 2016, 5:13 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by nologic
Wow...great Hyatt. First of all, the location on the lake is amazing!

Second, the Diamond treatment and attention of the staff, from the General Manager to everyone else, is outstanding!

BTW, this property is in the process to upgrading to a Grand Hyatt (approx 12 months), although I have to say the food in the interim club lounge area in the is superb.

Also, I highly recommend dining in the hotel's award winning restaurant. I am told many of the Hyatt's area recipes come from this hotel/chef.

I wish we could have stayed longer.

Cudos!
What will be upgraded when it's a Grand?
Old Oct 18, 2016, 9:23 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Ausriver
What will be upgraded when it's a Grand?
Really, just the completion of the public areas...including the lounge, but the makeshift lounge in the lobby is just as good. The Chinese restaurant is Hyatt's top Chef in the region, and is the inspiration for many of Hyatt's culinary recipes throughout China, as well as some very distinctive hors d'oeuvres in the club, including foie Gras. I highly recommend dining there.

Breakfast is also among the best.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 8:32 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
I had a stay here in mid-September and the lounge on the top floor was open. It seems like it had been recently renovated, and I have to say it was one of the nicer lounges I've seen across the Hyatt network. Rooms - while perfectly fine - are due for a bit of an upgrade though.

Had no idea it was in the process of being upgraded to a Grand though -- saw nothing to indicate this.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by staff
I had a stay here in mid-September and the lounge on the top floor was open. It seems like it had been recently renovated, and I have to say it was one of the nicer lounges I've seen across the Hyatt network. Rooms - while perfectly fine - are due for a bit of an upgrade though.

Had no idea it was in the process of being upgraded to a Grand though -- saw nothing to indicate this.
It's been a cpl of months...i could have it wrong and perhaps the rooms are being upgraded after the public areas have been...my sense was the conversion was abt another year process.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 10:42 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by nologic
It's been a cpl of months...i could have it wrong and perhaps the rooms are being upgraded after the public areas have been...my sense was the conversion was abt another year process.
Yeah, it didn't seem any of the public areas (except the lounge) had seen refurbishment yet.

Will be interesting to see what the property will be like as a Grand. Service levels are already up to that standard in my opinion.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 3:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by staff
Yeah, it didn't seem any of the public areas (except the lounge) had seen refurbishment yet.

Will be interesting to see what the property will be like as a Grand. Service levels are already up to that standard in my opinion.
Agree with your comment about the service.

But the rooms have been in dire need of an update for several years, in my opninion.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 4:37 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
It shouldn't be a regency to start with. As a hangzhou local, this hyatt regency gave me a wrong impression and it was actually way better than a lot of grand hyatt around the world that I've been stayed.

The location alone, I don't see any hyatt regency would have such a primary one. The price was also always been a grand hyatt standard in China...

It wouldn't surprise me to change the name to grand.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Construction noise?

Glad to hear all of the positive reviews of this hotel. But has anyone experienced construction noise due to the Grand Hyatt upgrades that are going on?
Old May 20, 2017, 7:43 pm

Have the rooms been renovated? Any recent reviews?
Old May 23, 2017, 9:12 pm

Programs: United 1P
If I use 6000 points per night for suite upgrade, what type of suite should I expect to be upgraded to?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.