Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Phoenix REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Phoenix REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2021, 1:42 am

Beautiful hotel with great glob recognition,great service, unlike the hr ranch
Old Apr 22, 2021, 9:10 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ijones027
Beautiful hotel with great glob recognition,great service, unlike the hr ranch
Beautiful is a strange word to use for a 1970s brutalist concrete hulk which can be found in half a dozen secondary American cities.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CMK10
Beautiful is a strange word to use for a 1970s brutalist concrete hulk which can be found in half a dozen secondary American cities.
And I can't imagine staying downtown unless I had to be there for work.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
beautiful is a Appropriate word when the hotel just did a 40mil makeover this past year
Old Apr 22, 2021, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
And I can't imagine staying downtown unless I had to be there for work.
me neither but when the hotel blows hr grainy ranch out of the water, that's the result
Old Jan 3, 2022, 12:05 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

This really caught me by surprise as I hadn't heard about this and considered this a safe area.
That said like any city there are risks more than ever before in this new era

https://www.abc15.com/news/crime/two...wntown-phoenix
Old Sep 3, 2022, 12:16 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I just completed a stay here after flying in in the late afternoon before heading out to Scottsdale today. I wanted to stay downtown so that I could walk to the delicious Pizzeria Bianco for dinner (I'd be lying if I said I wasn't here for lunch right now, as well). Here are my pros, cons, and photos from my stay:

Pros:
  • Very friendly staff across the board
  • Upgraded to a Corner King, which is really more like a Junior suite with 2 TVs and a sitting area
  • Bed was comfortable for an HR - warmer sheets than some other HRs, plush mattress, good pillows, can't complain about thin covers in PHX
  • Comfortable couch in the sitting area
  • Relatively good shower pressure
  • Nice view towards the airplanes flying into PHX - saw some interesting ones
  • Interesting climate control that could not be controlled but was very effective - set at 65 during the day (worked well) and 70 overnight (woke up to a nice temperature) - there is a sign to text the hotel if you need to change the settings
  • Breakfast in the Market (only option) was mostly tasty - real Starbucks white chocolate mocha and made-to-order omelet was good - the hashbrowns were bad, but you can get tasty bacon and sausage on the side (I asked for only one strip)
  • Asked for more water bottles and was delivered four bottles
  • No issue with 4 PM late checkout, but I didn't use it
Cons:
  • Dated bathroom with small shower-tub combination
  • The room could be considered dark as tinting is strong on the window and in-room light sources were a tad limited
I thought this was a very good choice for Downtown PHX.

Photos:

Old Sep 30, 2022, 1:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Plan ahead if you want to go to Bianco. I wandered over at 3pm by myself and was curtly told that no more names were being taken, and that there was no way to wait or take pizza to go.

I wanted a snack at midnight and the staff were nice enough to open up the market (which had closed) for me. The bar/restaurant closes at 11p which is kind of early for a convention hotel where networking is priority numero uno.

Got upgraded to a king with balcony on the seventh floor, next door to the Grand Canyon Suite. The balcony was large but sad. Room was very clean and overall I was satisfied.

Noise leaked in all night. It was noticeable. There was a Bad Bunny concert, and people were in a party mood revving vehicles outside past midnight, and I could hear some hallway chatter while trying to sleep. On a Wednesday night!
Old Sep 30, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold, Crown & Anchor Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, mLife Gold
Originally Posted by ralphs
Plan ahead if you want to go to Bianco. I wandered over at 3pm by myself and was curtly told that no more names were being taken, and that there was no way to wait or take pizza to go.

I wanted a snack at midnight and the staff were nice enough to open up the market (which had closed) for me. The bar/restaurant closes at 11p which is kind of early for a convention hotel where networking is priority numero uno.

Got upgraded to a king with balcony on the seventh floor, next door to the Grand Canyon Suite. The balcony was large but sad. Room was very clean and overall I was satisfied.

Noise leaked in all night. It was noticeable. There was a Bad Bunny concert, and people were in a party mood revving vehicles outside past midnight, and I could hear some hallway chatter while trying to sleep. On a Wednesday night!
Bianco has a second location over at The Biltmore area that's a lot bigger and is easier to get into if you want to check it out. Before the Netflix thing my wife and could bike ride to that location during the week and get right in. If you're looking for something different in that area Pa'la is really good and walking distance from you. If you need any other recs let me know.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 11:04 am

Programs: AA PPro, Hyatt GLOB, AC 50K
Stayed here this past weekend on points for one night. We drove up from Tucson for an event at the convention center.

Upon check-in around 10am, seemed like the valets were overwhelmed. We waited for a little while after unloading our bags and eventually decided to go in to check-in. I believe the front desk manager checked us in, and he took our keys for us and promised to take care of the car. He also informed us that we had been upgraded to a Sedona Suite on the 7th floor and gave us the Globalist benefit rundown, which included breakfast at the market and was to be charged to the room. No limit was mentioned.

The suite itself was massive, probably the biggest room I've ever had in several years as a Globalist. It was two stories, with a king bedroom on the bottom level and a 2-queen bedroom on the second. Each room had its own bathroom, and there was a massive dining table and living room in the center open to both stories. It looked like the room could also connect to another third bedroom on the 8th floor. There was also a large patio spanning the full length of the room. There was a Lavazza espresso machine at a wet bar by the entrance and a microwave. The bathroom was massive and featured a shower easily big enough for four people. Water pressure was great - clearly this hotel was built before water conservation was a thing in AZ! The room felt fresh and recently renovated despite the property being older.

Service was great - the manager checked in on us every time we walked by the desk and, as mentioned before, took care of the valet experience for us. Everyone at the front desk was friendly as well. We noticed maintenance throughout touching up various areas. I thought the area nearby was decent, with some good restaurants and coffee shops nearby. Definitely ideal for any events at the convention center. Didn't eat on property but the restaurant venue looked quite nice and the market was well-stocked. They offered a few vouchers for nearby restaurants and attractions at the front desk, which got us some 1-cent mimosas at brunch with friends. Checked out at 1pm, no issues with zeroing out the bill and retrieving the car.

Overall, I thought this was a solid hotel with good service that clearly cares about a quality guest experience. With the exception of the understaffed valet, I was impressed and would certainly return if I needed to stay downtown again. In my opinion, the Phoenix area is quite lucky to have properties like this and the Mission Palms - comfortable older builds that are affordable, well-maintained, and with great elite recognition and service.
dpb132 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.